More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:34:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Clothes aren't working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothes aren't working  (Read 2201 times)
Ionopachys
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Clothes aren't working
« on: 2009 June 06, 05:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow I've screwed up my game.  I used Numenor's shop at home clothing rack, and after buying one particular outfit the sim started jumping every time I clicked on a dresser or coat rack.  I didn't save, and tracked down the offensive outfit and deleted it.  That seemed to solve the problem.  However I recently moved him in with his fiancé in preparation for their marriage, and now the bug is back for both of them.  Clicking on the dresser makes the selected sim jump, and choosing an action causes another jump, so that they never do whatever you told them to (like change clothes).  I tried removing every dresser and coat rack on the lot, deleting the sims in debug mode, saving, and then deleting the hacked coat hook from the Downloads folder.  The bug didn't die. 

Unfortunately the lot and sims have lots of custom content.  I can't remove the whole downloads folder and try to figure out which download, if any, is at fault.  I haven't been able to recreate the error with a stock sim.  I've attached the error log from one of the jumping sims, but it makes no sense to me.  Can anybody tell me what to do to fix the problem, or are these sims ruined?  Please help. 

A possibly related bug involves clothing stores.  When I take a sim to a community lot with clothes racks, the game goes into buy mode as soon as the sim gets out of his car, with the live mode button greyed out.  The sims disappear, and it is as if I had entered the lot from the neighborhood view.  I have successfully taken sims to restaurants and a pet store since this bug appeared.

I have all the EP's through AL, and FFS, M&G, and K&B.

« Last Edit: 2009 June 06, 05:42:43 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Clothes aren't working
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 06, 05:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have some kind of very messed up download. Your sim also seems to think it is a cat. Your game is probably hosed and I have no idea WTF you did to it. Consider attempting binary search.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: