More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 20:52:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  List of Extant TS3 Mods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: List of Extant TS3 Mods?  (Read 21184 times)
Zombra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
List of Extant TS3 Mods?
« on: 2009 June 06, 04:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Notice the little question mark icon and question mark in the thread title.

What is the best resource for someone looking for mods?  Is there a big list somewhere with links?  And if not, why not?

Thank you for your attention.  Z
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: List of Extant TS3 Mods?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 06, 04:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is only one Awesome mod. Current indications are that any attempt to install more than one mod WILL cause conflicts. Not may, WILL. Until that gets resolved there's no reason to look for more mods.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 06, 05:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Script mods are pretty much limited to the strict Highlander Rule. It is possible to install additional XML tuning mods, anticensor, skins, and othersuch without issues except as specified. Of course, at the moment, there are only two people who actually MAKE script mods, and one of them has only made them for proof-of-concept and testing purposes, so there is only AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 06, 06:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So HP's skin mods are safe to use with TS3 Awesomeware?

What can be modded through XML?  Anything that would make sleeping less a chore, more like it was in TS2?  I'd have expected E10 beds and E8 beds to have at least a noticeable difference, but they still had to sleep for several hours.  Admittedly I failed to check for absolute specific numbers at the same exact energy levels.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 06, 08:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will do the hard numbers on interesting things at some point later, probably when I remake more Awesomeware. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mibsywibsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 06, 08:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So HP's skin mods are safe to use with TS3 Awesomeware?

I'm using HP's skins, No Build Sparkles, & No Zzzs mods, plus Rick's No Intro mod, the Cyber0ps version of the n00dz patch, and basically all the custom patterns from MTS along with Awesomemod. Everything seems to be working fine. Haven't tried Cyber0ps mods yet (since they personally seem cheaty and not in line with how I play), nor Rick's console command unlocker. Treeag's unlocker specifically will not work.

Those are, btw, all the mods I'm aware exist for TS3 at the moment.

AVAST YE NERDS
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 06, 10:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyber0p's mods can be found at CustomSims3, I can't recommend them as I have not tried them, and you shouldn't mix and match mods right now. It doesn't work like it did in the Sims 2.

http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/YaBB.pl?num=1243882309

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 06, 10:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just using a bit of common sense when applying mods, I doubt graphical removal will really result in much conflict with Awesomeware.  I'm using No Zs, No WallSparkles, No Intro, and HP's skins along with Awesomeware to no ill effect.

It took me a bit to get the skins working proper, but that's cos I'm very brilliant indeed and totally glossed over the possibility that I could have just forgotten to unpack what I was missing into the Packages directory.

So, custom patterns from MTS, are those actually entirely new patterns or merely recolours of preexisting patterns?   It bears asking, as I believe "the official the TS3 exchange" allows for boring repatterned furniture as uploads for "new objects", at least from what I saw in the three seconds I poked around over there..
mibsywibsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 06, 10:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, custom patterns from MTS, are those actually entirely new patterns or merely recolours of preexisting patterns?   It bears asking, as I believe "the official the TS3 exchange" allows for boring repatterned furniture as uploads for "new objects", at least from what I saw in the three seconds I poked around over there..

Entirely new patterns. See here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342998

And here are all the new patterns themselves: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=588&showType=2&gameOrig=1&gameUni=1&gameNL=1&gameOFB=1&gamePets=1&gameSeasons=1&gameBV=1&gameFT=1&gameAP=1&gameFFS=1&gameGLS=1&gameCLS=1&gameHMS=1&gameTSS=1&gameKBS=1&gameIKS=1&gameHHS=1&gameMGS=1&gs=2

The HP and aikea ones are really, really well done, in particular.

AVAST YE NERDS
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 06, 12:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing that CyberOps mods are of the "XML injection" flavor.  I doubt he would release multiple script packages instead of just one script package containing all the changes, if they can't be used together.
Most of these mods simply make it so you can do trait-specific actions without possessing the trait.  This sounds more like XML stuff.  It would be very stupid for them to write out all of the restrictions in the script rather than just have the script check the XML file.  I'm not going to rule out stupid, but even if those mods are script packages, I don't think you can do harm by installing more than one.  They simply will not all work.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 06, 12:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carrigon's been making some hacks. I suspect they're also of the XML tuning hacks variety but I know nothing of coding or what not. I also haven't used any of them and have no idea how well they work or anything.

http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewforum.php?f=170

Unsouper
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 06, 18:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rick also just uploaded a no-mosaic mod in .package format to MTS, if anyone is interested.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 06, 22:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a bunch of hacks here

http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/YaBB.pl?board=t3mod

Nothing ground breaking mostly the quick easy stuff that people like Squinge used to do.  Changing upgrades to need level 1 handiness, lowering the insane gardening challenge requirements and such.
imnottrent
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 08, 01:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know, and if so, feel like sharing info about any no jealousy and same sex preg hacks?

Of all the mods I had before, I miss those the most(and looking back, I had a metric ton of hacks).
« Last Edit: 2009 June 08, 03:32:56 by imnottrent » Logged

You don't have to stay anywhere forever.
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 08, 04:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any word on a camera hack yet?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 08, 05:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikea_guinea posted a camera config in the GOS Sim3 picture thread. All that does is take away some of the drift when using cameraman mod though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 08, 06:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know, and if so, feel like sharing info about any no jealousy and same sex preg hacks?
No jealousy is corescript. It is being investigated. "Same Sex" pregnancy is not supported anywhere in the known game code and there is nothing in the game which triggers it, so it is not presently on the to-do list. You may actually have to do things the SENSIBLE way this time.

geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 08, 14:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikea_guinea posted a camera config in the GOS Sim3 picture thread. All that does is take away some of the drift when using cameraman mod though.

Thanks, I'll check it out. So nothing comparable to gunmod's hack yet, then. I didn't realize how essential that was! *waits patiently*
imnottrent
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 08, 15:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No jealousy is corescript. It is being investigated. "Same Sex" pregnancy is not supported anywhere in the known game code and there is nothing in the game which triggers it, so it is not presently on the to-do list. You may actually have to do things the SENSIBLE way this time.

Well hell, I sometimes hate being sensible. Thank you for the good news that no jealousy is being looked at, I am glad.

You don't have to stay anywhere forever.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 08, 16:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like a realistic jealousy mod.

By realistic, I mean they only get jealous if they're within line of sight of said cheating.  Sims should NOT be able to "sense" cheating from another room, they should NOT be able to sense cheating at all when they're asleep, and the Sims 3 reaction to cheating is also pretty lame.  They should want to slap, fight, not just stand there and watch, then walk away.  Jealousy was much better in Sims 2... except for being able to sense a woohoo from another room, that was dumb, but in Sims 3 they can sense even a flirt or kiss from another room. C'mon now!
To make it even more realistic, a sim should only get angry at the instigator, not the target sim, unless the target has a positive reaction.
zoe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 08, 20:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to have a mob that moves all graves to the local graveyard  Embarrassed, would make it so much easier to locate dead relatives. Hopefully someone will make that kind of mod in the future.
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 08, 20:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hell, I sometimes hate being sensible. Thank you for the good news that no jealousy is being looked at, I am glad.

Well. I guess this means no alien abductions. Or at least, "lacking the fun part" of alien abductions. The first time I had an abduction occur (and it was w/o cheats or even mods, way back in the day), I had no idea the abducted Sim would come back pregnant, so when he popped I was completely taken by surprise and vastly amused. In other words, it was a lot of fun for people like me who are easily amused. *sigh*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: