More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:33:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Music files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Music files?  (Read 2991 times)
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Music files?
« on: 2009 June 05, 13:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know where the music package is? I'd like to try and export some of the songs that come with the game.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Re: Music files?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 19, 01:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, someone called yotsubakowai at YouTube knows. They claim to have extracted some of the soundtracks. I have not followed their links yet, so I cannot confirm.
Here's a link to one of the YouTube pages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ln8b13faHU

Edit!

I can now confirm.
Though there are currently only three soundtracks of the Electronica section uploaded, they all appear to be of good quality. (I am not too sure about Gluten King by Junkie XL, though. It appears to skimp a few notes near the end, but I believe that more in-game listening sessions are required for me to make the proper diagnosis on that front.)
On a brighter note, Mikeweed and Born Again (both by Sasha) appear to be in good health.

One day we shall know exactly where those files are. Nonetheless, Rome was not built in a day, and yotsubakowai, as far as I can see, is not talking.

Edit! (Again!)

I was not hallucinating about the flaw in the Gluten King soundtrack by Junkie XL (or, at least, yotsubakowai's uploaded version). It does cut off by one second.

(I hope that this is helpful to someone. I just love this kind of stuff.)  Grin

« Last Edit: 2009 June 19, 03:51:34 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 19, 05:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking for the music from The Sims 2.  I want some of those pop songs that came with OfB and AL for the custom music station.  I'm a purist with my Simlish, and won't allow any English in my game.  Any tips as to where to look (without buying, I already bought the game, so I sure as hell don't want to pay separately for the music)?

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 19, 05:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking for the music from The Sims 2.  I want some of those pop songs that came with OfB and AL for the custom music station.  I'm a purist with my Simlish, and won't allow any English in my game.  Any tips as to where to look (without buying, I already bought the game, so I sure as hell don't want to pay separately for the music)?

Do you happen to have SimPE installed?

http://sims.ambertation.de/en/about-simpe/

If so, I can lead you to a pretty painless tutorial: 

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14181.0.html

This tutorial is exactly how I learned. Just back up your game files and go for it!

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: