More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:48:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Work Options
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Work Options  (Read 6520 times)
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Work Options
« on: 2009 June 05, 12:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not exactly sure what effect "Work Hard" has, and for that matter "Take it Easy"
I don't notice my job performance increase any quicker or slower with either option, in fact it goes up easier while I'm taking it easy because I will have Fun moodlets the entire day.  Is there some other benefit to Work Hard that I'm not seeing, or is it just broken?

And no, my Sim does not have the "Professional Slacker" award, nor any award for that matter.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Work Options
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 05, 13:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried several of the options and I have found the "Meet all the other workers/team mates" does give you a boost.  Also when you choose "Work Hard", "Work on Special Project", you get stressed a lot quicker but also I noticed it seems you get more reward options and I got loads of raises.

So I can't be absolutley sure these caused those outcomes but it seems as though they did.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 05, 13:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point.  Now that you mention that, it seems to match my observations.  I earned more raises with my professional slacker Sim, while the Sim I'm playing hasn't earned a raise in his entire young adult life (I've been taking it easy and socialize with coworkers the whole time).

Do raises "carry over" as you get promoted though?  If I earn a raise at level 1 and then get promoted, do I earn the base level 2 salary or is getting promoted just going to add a certain amount on top of my already raised value?  If it resets to base value at each promotion, I'm never going to work hard until the top of the career.  No point since the raises early on are pathetic amounts anyway, and if they don't even carry into higher levels it's a waste of time.
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 05, 14:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you work hard for too long, then you get a negative moodlet for being too stressed.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 05, 14:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point.  Now that you mention that, it seems to match my observations.  I earned more raises with my professional slacker Sim, while the Sim I'm playing hasn't earned a raise in his entire young adult life (I've been taking it easy and socialize with coworkers the whole time).

Do raises "carry over" as you get promoted though?  If I earn a raise at level 1 and then get promoted, do I earn the base level 2 salary or is getting promoted just going to add a certain amount on top of my already raised value?  If it resets to base value at each promotion, I'm never going to work hard until the top of the career.  No point since the raises early on are pathetic amounts anyway, and if they don't even carry into higher levels it's a waste of time.

It seems from what I have observed that these raises do indeed add to the base salary and are carried over.  I got a raise last night from the "Work Hard" of $33 an hour which is the biggest one I have gotten yet.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 05, 15:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as raises carrying over, I think it might depend on when the raise actually happens. I had a raise happen in the middle of a work day for my Sim and then he got promoted at the end of the shift. The hourly wage actually dropped to match the new wage for the promotion.  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 05, 15:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no hard facts in this thread, so this is not Facts and Strategery. Back to the Horror section.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 05, 15:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you make sure your Sim has a lot of positive moodlets, then let them stress out and take care of it at home.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 05, 16:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certainly if they have a big one like marriage or babies keeping them happy, working hard is fine, but the point is that if all you care about is getting promoted, and money doesn't matter at all, then working hard has no purpose.  I'm okay with that, I just wish that it was more clear.

Wages and raises should be simple enough to figure out.  Have a sim get promoted without getting any raises by taking it easy every day at work and passing on all opportunities, then have a sim earn a bunch of raises by working hard and see if their numbers come up differently after any given promotion.  The incident that TheCheat described doesn't give me much hope though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: