More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:34:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Extreme difficulty in killing sims by fire?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Extreme difficulty in killing sims by fire?  (Read 18799 times)
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Extreme difficulty in killing sims by fire?
« on: 2009 June 05, 08:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried this 3 times with 3 different families. All times were unsuccessful. The sims were right next to the fire, screaming, running through etc. for 12+ hours each time. None of them even caught on fire!
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Extreme difficulty in killing sims by fire?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 05, 13:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad they made it that way. I can't tell you how many of my stupid ts2 sims kept dying because they kept panicking and running right into the fire
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 05, 15:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Sim has a daredevil trait then they can't die by fire. 
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 05, 16:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't seen it happen, but I have not really tried.  I think it's kind of dumb that every pre-made house in the game comes with a fire alarm.  Not that putting fires out on your own was difficult even in TS2 but it at least made it mean something instead.  I just cancel the panic actions and gradually move towards the store until I get out of the room and the fire stops stomping my queue.  Let the authorities deal with it then, I don't have time to stand around!

On a slightly related note, my evil sim rolled a wish to see the fiery ghost of the firefighter.  Impossible wish FTW.
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 05, 17:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We had one who kept pulling the fire extinguisher out and putting it out.  It seems to be a little bit harder.  I just hate that any sim on the lot comes running even without the alarms. 

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 05, 17:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's easy to kill sims by fire or drowning him in swimming pool. Here's the trick:

Kill by fire:
Make a small room 2x3 or 3x3. Put fireplace inside, covered the floor by rugs (including at fireplace too), a sofa and a door too. Ask sims to enter the room and then remove the door, so he can't go out anymore. Set the fire at fireplace and ask sims to take a nap on sofa. Set the timer to fastest and wait the fireplace burn the rugs. Since all room covered by rugs, the fire will spreading very fast covered all over the room and those unlucky sims will trapped inside the fire. He will soon die and became a cool ghost or may be a hot ghost.

Kill by water/swimming pool:
Make a swimming pool (a large one is better), and a small room with a door. Don't put any sofa or bed in that room, since we want his energy meter drop near zero. Ask him to enter and remove the door. Wait for sometime until the energy bar near zero, may be 1%-5% (lower is better). Don't allow him to sleep on floor. After than, put the door, ask him to enter the swimming pool. At the center of swimming pool if you can, and always delete the "get out swimming pool interaction icon", until he very exhausted and the drowning in the swimming pool. The lower his energy bar, the faster he drown.

I haven't try to kill my sims by electricity. So I don't know the trick. Can someone share the trick?
Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 05, 18:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen so many people say this. I guess I was born with the unlucky trait because my favorite sim died in my first fire.  I was having a party, and my party animal sim was attempting to bake his first turkey.  Most of the guests brought food, so he walked away from the oven and I somehow forgot he was cooking.  Flames were everywhere with 20 guests shouting and flapping around, but none smart enough to run outside.  The firefighter couldn't get to the fire because the guests were in the way, but when he finally did, I saw my sim in the center of the mob, on fire and collapsing to the ground...  Cry
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 05, 20:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim had the gold digger LTW- to see the ghost of his rich spouse. He decided to go after Crumplebottom, I tried fire twice it just didn't work either time, her whole kitchen needed replacing, but she never went up in flames. I had decided to just wait for her to die of old age, until stuff started to break. I had her repair the dishwasher, the trash compactor, and finally a stereo. She repaired the first two items with no problem and little skill, but got shocked by the stereo. It gave her a negative moodlet "singed" IIRC it said it would be a good idea to keep her from repairing things until this went away. I made her try again with the stereo while she still had the moodlet, it shocked her again and she died, the paper reported her death by saying she had been struck by lightning 27 times playing with a lightning rod or something.
WerewolfOfTheWater
Asinine Airhead

derp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 05, 20:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is how I managed to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gon9jGwM4bo

have your sim cook something on the stove, (not the expensive fire-proof one) cancel the action as the food is on/in the stove, pause and trap them in the smallest quarters you can with a fence, and watch.

You don't even
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 18, 18:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally killed one.

A little sim girl  Grin
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 18, 19:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found it much harder to kill sims in this game, which does take a lot of the fun out of it. It seems a little borky as well.

Odin Crosby died of fire on the first attempt. However, Morgana Wolff refused to die at all. Attempted starvation failed, and even a fire in a 2x1 box did had no effect on her. Even attempting to kill her using debug mode had no effect (although immediate kill worked, but that's different as it just immediately removes the sim and spawns their tombstone). I can only assume that some bizzare glitch granted her full invulnerability to all types of death, or maybe she had some quirk to her that I was unaware of.

Plus I hate how sims don't need the ladder for the pool anymore; you actually have to box the non-playables in if you want them to die. I've also had a few instances where townies will just walk through walls to evade death by starvation. One time a sim didn't even get the "Singed" moodlet for being electrocuted.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 18, 21:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, I find it very EASY to kill sims by fire - lost 4 already. Just send a dumb sim to "fix"a fireplace. The cheaper the better. The lower mechanical skills, the better. It doesn't even need to be tired - just low mechanical skill is enough. Better when alone - firefighters took so long to come my sim was dead already. Nice.
On the same logic, a dumb sim upgrading a very expensive stove is a bad idea, they catch on fire every other try.

The easiest way to kill sims is by drowning, just keep doing hold breath competitions after the drowning kicks in and voilá: they die. My favorite way to kill townies - I'm killing half Riverview this way.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 19, 06:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do drowned ghosts drip water as in TS2?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 19, 10:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not like in TS2. They drip water but they don't leave puddles as in the old game.

Toasted ghosts stink, though. On the cemetery if I'm throwing a ghost rave (you know, gotta get those guitar tips) I always get the negative moodlet when a burnt ghost "awakens". Other ghosts don't like them either.

Oh and starving ghosts are the best! Sims start to starve themselves when they're around. My sim wake up at 3am starving because two pink ghosts in the lot are playing around. In 4 days cooking skill went to 7 already!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 19, 11:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be easy to kill selected currently playable family member Sims; is it equally as easy to bump off random townies?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 19, 12:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only way I know to kill townies without a cheat is by drowning.

Daredevils are the easiest to kill.
Meet victim. Talk a bit to make acquaintance. Drive victim to gym.
Let's train! Train for around 1 or 2 hours - exhaustion is not an option here, just want to get them tired.
Let's play! Who can hold breath longer? Well, now you can get tired.
Ask again to hold breath and keep asking (you can even see the icon on their heads).

This strategy won't work with couch potatoes though. And those are the ones I want to kill the most.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 19, 21:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was testing out pyromaniacs... I had 8 of them in 1 house constantly starting fires... Unfortunately, they didn't seem to start real fires since they'd go out in about 2 seconds and nothing was damaged.  To my delight, a lamp (or something cheap) actually caught on fire and was destroyed after a few hours of this.  Then I stopped doing that and 1 last pyromaniac started a fire... a sim with the unlucky trait walked by and he actually burst into flames and died.  I was ecstatic... until the grim reaper resurrected him.

Pyromaniacs should really be able to actually start things on fire instead of just pretending to do so.

In my other house all 7 kids (1 teen, 6 children) were off to school.  My adult sim started cooking but then left to go to work.  The house burnt for a good 4 or 5 hours before anyone got home to panic about it.  kids were running everywhere... 5 rooms were torched... but nobody died.   3 hours later my my adult sim finally returned from work and after watching the flames panicking for a while I decided to put them out.  It took him a long time, but it was nice that once he put out one fire he'd automatically move on to the next... Multiple times he walked through the flames and got caught in a burning room...  Unfortunately he never got burnt.

I wish it was a bit more likely that a sim standing in fire would actually catch on fire.  I mean, seriously.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 19, 22:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, you see, pyromaniacs think they're pretending to set things on fire, they don't actually want things to burn. It is just so pretty.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 21, 15:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim had the gold digger LTW- to see the ghost of his rich spouse. He decided to go after Crumplebottom, I tried fire twice it just didn't work either time, her whole kitchen needed replacing, but she never went up in flames. I had decided to just wait for her to die of old age, until stuff started to break. I had her repair the dishwasher, the trash compactor, and finally a stereo. She repaired the first two items with no problem and little skill, but got shocked by the stereo. It gave her a negative moodlet "singed" IIRC it said it would be a good idea to keep her from repairing things until this went away. I made her try again with the stereo while she still had the moodlet, it shocked her again and she died, the paper reported her death by saying she had been struck by lightning 27 times playing with a lightning rod or something.

Were you able to fulfill the wish? I have not been able to fill this wish even when it seems it should have filled. I have my sims talk to their dead spouses but nothing happens.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Miellerie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 22, 11:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were you able to fulfill the wish? I have not been able to fill this wish even when it seems it should have filled. I have my sims talk to their dead spouses but nothing happens.

One of my sims had this LTW and her husband drowned in the pool. She ran outside when Grimmie came and after seeing him rising as a ghost the LTW filled for her.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 22, 17:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims had this LTW and her husband drowned in the pool. She ran outside when Grimmie came and after seeing him rising as a ghost the LTW filled for her.

I wonder if the "married" flag hadn't cleared yet since he still had a chance to not be killed by Mr. Reaper.   My guess is they retardedly made the LTW to see a dead spouse but then went ahead and made the dead spouse an ex husband so the widow could marry again.  Maybe a mod to change the LTW to see a dead rich ex husband would fix it.

But I have no idea how to do such a thing.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 22, 23:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wife of my old married couple died, and their relationship was changed to "Fiancee" in his family tree.  Also, their relation to their children was marked in the "we made a baby in the lap of sin/unmarried" way.  I'm not sure if that's significant at all.  Now they're both dead, and under Partner, it says "None".  I guess in Simland "Til death do you part" is taken literally.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 25, 14:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have death-by-fire figured out after some experimenting. 

I started a breeding couple in the Riverview "shotgun house" (2br/1b), and rolled the male with the loser and unlucky traits, then put in some cheap fireplaces (1 per Sim as the family increased in size) and gradually the house got filled with furniture and toys which forced them more often to path close enough to fireplaces to combust when fires started (within 2-3 tiles).

My Sims had four children, so I had to expand twice .. both rooms were 5x5 and they each had one fireplace.  The house had a total of six fireplaces; many times there were multiple house fires, and twice I called in firemen because multiple fires had gotten out of hand.)  Multiple deaths occurred during this experiment. 

All fires were caused by fireplaces; the stove never caught on fire.  Ever.   Undecided

Here's what I saw:

1.  Babies sleep through fires.
2.  Babies and toddlers don't have a combustion point.
3.  Fires don't seem to start when babies/toddlers are within 2-4'ish tiles of a fireplace. 
3.  Children (and adults) have their best chance to ignite when they are standing next to the fireplace the moment it starts a house fire.  Sims very rarely caught on fire if it wasn't at the initial a-fire-has-started moment.
4.  The brave trait will autonomously send children who've caught on fire to put themselves out in the shower--the fourth child had this trait.
5.  Sims cannot wield fire extinguishers until they are teens.
6.  Brave Sims extinguish fires autonomously... and quickly.  Cry
7.  The money you get from insurance companies (when they *do* pay) is laughable.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 25, 19:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7.  The money you get from insurance companies (when they *do* pay) is laughable.

So, just like real life, then?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 29, 13:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad they made it that way. I can't tell you how many of my stupid ts2 sims kept dying because they kept panicking and running right into the fire

Actually, I'm not sure if it was with apartment life or with mansion and garden, sims started running away from fire as far as they could.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: