More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:57:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  sims 3 will not update razor 1911 version
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sims 3 will not update razor 1911 version  (Read 30254 times)
j_wagon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
sims 3 will not update razor 1911 version
« on: 2009 June 04, 23:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have the razor 1911 version installed with the crack/crack fix installed. when i go to update because i would like to install the new cars it rolls through. till i run into this error. it pulls up a site but doesnt get their instead i get page not found....... i dont know what else to do i have looked for over a hour for alternate ways and y this way isnt working so i have come to the experts...
help would be appreciated
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: sims 3 will not update razor 1911 version
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 05, 00:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...are you trying to update your game through the Launcher?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
j_wagon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 05, 00:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no i am trying to update it through the WARG update
j_wagon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 05, 00:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is the link it always tries to reach

http://sims3web01.sig.max.ad.ea.com/launcher/patches/-1904418580
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 05, 01:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Werg update? What the hell is that? I do not think that anyone here has even used that. I have the razor version on PC and my copy works just fine. I've installed all of the SimStore crap that has been uploaded. I'm not exactly sure what it is you are trying to even accomplish.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
j_wagon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 05, 01:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is the link to what i am trying to install
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4916607/The.Sims.3.v1.0.632.UPDATE.CRACKED-WARG

if i am doing it wrong please tell me how to update
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 05, 01:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is the link to what i am trying to install
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4916607/The.Sims.3.v1.0.632.UPDATE.CRACKED-WARG

if i am doing it wrong please tell me how to update

That link is not for an update to the game. It's an updated crack for the game. You have to replace the .exe with the one included in the file. Rzr missed a few things when he made the original crack, so therefore, he had to make an updated crack which is what you linked us.
j_wagon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 05, 01:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahhhhhh
theirs my problem
then how do i update my game
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 05, 01:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you are trying to update the Reloaded version?
All this thing tells you is to put it in Gamebin in the Program Files. There is no Gamebin folder. I assume that they mean Game\Bin. Left click on your Sims 3 shortcut, click properties, click "find target". Drop what ever this thing is, in there. Run it. I also assume that you have a No-cd crack in? Remove that, replace it with the original exe and then try running this. If you have tried any other patches to upgrade your copy then you do not need this. If you are running a Razor copy already then you do not need this.

That link is not for an update to the game. It's an updated crack for the game. You have to replace the .exe with the one included in the file. Rzr missed a few things when he made the original crack, so therefore, he had to make an updated crack which is what you linked us.

If you read the thread and the trouble these guys are having, that doesn't seem to be it. It seems to be some kind of patch. No-cds are not regional.

j_wagon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 05, 01:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes i am running the razor version. so i will just stay at 31.00002?
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 05, 01:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I can appreciate you correcting me morri, I didn't read where it said it was an update. I read it as an updated crack and since the .exe is located in the Games/Bin folder, then it's the updated crack and not an update for the game. However, since I apparently can't read where they went in 10 different directions in that thread. I digress....
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 05, 01:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jwagon,

this is an updated crack for rzr's version. If you are using the .exe from his original file, you need to replace that .exe from the c:programs....Games/Bin folder with the one in that zip you downloaded.

As far as where to get an update for your game, I haven't a clue. EA took it down before the game came out and now it's back up. So good luck with that.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 05, 01:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehh. I have the Razor version and I have no idea what the point of this even is. Mine is patched and working with Razors crack fix that they released later.
Patches are linked to in the Technical issues thread. For me it's on page 11, the links were posted by Witch. The ones linked to earlier on in that thread are 404 pages now.

Keksich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 13, 19:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it's both. It's a patch which updates v1.0.631.00002 (Razor) to v1.0.632.00002, which is a retail version, and it also comes with cracked .exe. j_wagon, I think your problem has to do with firewall blocking the launcher. Mine is blocked too, and also shows the "page not found".

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."

"Friend!!"
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 14, 01:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it's both. It's a patch which updates v1.0.631.00002 (Razor) to v1.0.632.00002, which is a retail version, and it also comes with cracked .exe. j_wagon, I think your problem has to do with firewall blocking the launcher. Mine is blocked too, and also shows the "page not found".

My store bought game is v1.0.631.00002. Do people in the States actually have their game as v1.0.632.00002? Not fair...

Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 14, 03:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems the confusion over version #'s needs to be addressed again.

Version # 1.0.631.xxxxx is the Final Retail version.  The last 5 digits will be different depend on the region/type of the DVD   00001 is North America release, 00002 is a Multi Lanquage/Multi Region release.  You will also find a 00003 and a 00005 which are Asian releases.  There is also a 00107 which is the Digital Download release.   1.0.631 is the final retail version #.

When checking for version # the Sims 3 Launcher will show the 1.0.631.xxxxx.  When right-clicking on the TS3.exe and getting properties then details,  you will see the version # as 0.0.0.11195

There was a patch discovered at one point sitting on the EA servers. This patch was 1.0.632.xxxxx.  It was pulled not long after it was discovered. In my opinion it's probably not a good idea to use this patch. It was most likely a work in progress that was accidentally left accessible to the public. I don't think it was meant to be used at that time.

The MAC version of the game has had an official patch released. There is currently no official patch yet for the Windows version.

Edit:  I should mention, when updating your game with the 1.0.632 patch, it does not update the skuversion.txt file to reflect the new version # so the launcher will still show your game version # as 1.0.631.xxxxx
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 03:47:22 by Kralore » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 14, 07:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't even need a crack, really...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 14, 12:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is.. interesting, and concerns me. I originally pirated the game and had huge issues with it; constant crash to desktops, babies disappearing (not even being stolen, just poof!), save games that crashed the game during saving and corrupted the files... a lot of things. I thought there might be an issue, and found a "patch" on the bay. It wasn't a little .exe crack, either, it was a full blown patch installation. That done, I never had any of those particular issues with the game at all. My computer is pretty neat (8gb ram, 3.16 core 2 duo, geforce 9600gt -- so not awful) and I was surprised to find the game behaving. In fact, that patch, whatever it is, worked so well that when I bought the digital download copy legally, I DLed it but haven't bothered to install. My version works fine.

Is there a way to check my exact version? The launcher says the Final Retail number, but as I understand Kralore, it would show that either way. I also would like to find out if there's anyway to see if the patch added something else to my game, since it's been running so swimmingly. I haven't had many of the oft-complained about issues, but I was chalking that up to my compy.

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 14, 12:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to check my exact version? The launcher says the Final Retail number, but as I understand Kralore, it would show that either way. I also would like to find out if there's anyway to see if the patch added something else to my game, since it's been running so swimmingly. I haven't had many of the oft-complained about issues, but I was chalking that up to my compy.

The first "Leaked" copy of the game was version 1.0.615.00107 (I'm pretty sure it was the 00107 Digital Download version).  That was the Reloaded version. The next leaked copy was the Razor version which was 1.0.631.00002. That version is a retail copy.  The huge "patch" you refer to (700+meg?) I believe might be the file made to convert the 1.0.615 Reloaded version to the 1.0.631 Razor/Retail version.  Whatever version # is showing in the launcher IS the version # of the game your running. It won't show the retail version # if your not running that version.  If the game has been patched to 1.0.632 it will still show 1.0.631, but it would still be the retail version since the 632 patch won't run on anything else but version 631.
Keksich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 14, 19:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems the confusion over version #'s needs to be addressed again.

Version # 1.0.631.xxxxx is the Final Retail version.  The last 5 digits will be different depend on the region/type of the DVD   00001 is North America release, 00002 is a Multi Lanquage/Multi Region release.  You will also find a 00003 and a 00005 which are Asian releases.  There is also a 00107 which is the Digital Download release.   1.0.631 is the final retail version #.

When checking for version # the Sims 3 Launcher will show the 1.0.631.xxxxx.  When right-clicking on the TS3.exe and getting properties then details,  you will see the version # as 0.0.0.11195

There was a patch discovered at one point sitting on the EA servers. This patch was 1.0.632.xxxxx.  It was pulled not long after it was discovered. In my opinion it's probably not a good idea to use this patch. It was most likely a work in progress that was accidentally left accessible to the public. I don't think it was meant to be used at that time.

The MAC version of the game has had an official patch released. There is currently no official patch yet for the Windows version.

Edit:  I should mention, when updating your game with the 1.0.632 patch, it does not update the skuversion.txt file to reflect the new version # so the launcher will still show your game version # as 1.0.631.xxxxx

Yup, exactly.
Skuversion.txt DOES show the change (1.0.632.), but the launcher doesn't. At least on my computer.
And yes, the 700meg file is used to convert from RLD to Razor.
Now I'm sorry I installed the 632 patch, any way to revert it?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 15, 10:55:07 by Keksich » Logged

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."

"Friend!!"
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 14, 19:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those version numbers make much more sense now. I thought they released some patch when the game was first released in the states but then they changed their mind and removed it before the game was released in the other parts of the world.  Cheesy
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 14, 20:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first "Leaked" copy of the game was version 1.0.615.00107 (I'm pretty sure it was the 00107 Digital Download version).  That was the Reloaded version. The next leaked copy was the Razor version which was 1.0.631.00002. That version is a retail copy.  The huge "patch" you refer to (700+meg?) I believe might be the file made to convert the 1.0.615 Reloaded version to the 1.0.631 Razor/Retail version.  Whatever version # is showing in the launcher IS the version # of the game your running. It won't show the retail version # if your not running that version.  If the game has been patched to 1.0.632 it will still show 1.0.631, but it would still be the retail version since the 632 patch won't run on anything else but version 631.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense. I'm just glad it fixed the horrible problems I was having. That unfinished beta leak sucked. x_x

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 15, 03:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm sorry I installed the 632 patch, any wayto revert it?

It doesn't do much, I wouldn't worry about it.  I posted specifics awhile back, but it basically just makes a few tiny changes to 3 files, Default.ini, GraphicsRules.sgr, and skuversion.txt.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: