More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:54:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Gardening and fertilizing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gardening and fertilizing  (Read 122969 times)
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
Re: Gardening and fertilizing
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 19, 21:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be easier. I mean, what if we had "Fish Using.../Hand Grenade".

The animation for that could be epic.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 19, 22:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reminds me of a recent newsstory of two stupid Turks who managed to make themselves eligible for the Darwin award by going dynamite fishing... Cheesy
Let me guess, they used too much, or they just sat around waiting for it to explode instead of finding cover? That makes them dumber than my dog, because even my dog will run and hide when I do that. If I throw something, he will find a place behind me to hide and cover his ears.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 20, 00:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I throw something, he will find a place behind me to hide and cover his ears.

That's a Pavlov's conditional reflex.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 20, 00:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If i were around Pescado, I would be doing the same.   Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 20, 00:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently they just sat in their little boat and just dropped the explosives off the side. Natural selection at work!
In such a circumstance I would be surprised if the explosion didn't kill them outright, and the concussion would certainly damage the boat, possibly beyond seaworthy condition. You have to THROW the explosives, and preferrably not be in the water at all!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dragoaskani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 20, 19:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr tyrannosaur you do know that to be eligible for the darwin award you have to do something stupid that kills you right?
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 20, 19:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And leave no spawn behind thus freeing humanity from stupid genes, hense Darwin award.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 21, 23:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does talking do? It didn't seem to improve my fruit quality.

Oh, and the sprinklers will water your plants, you can even upgrade them to go off automatically. I include this information for other morons like myself that saw in the description that it was for playing in, and therefore passed over it many times.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 June 22, 00:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think talking just raises the Sim's social motive.  I have not seen any benefit for the plants.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 June 22, 00:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr tyrannosaur you do know that to be eligible for the darwin award you have to do something stupid that kills you right?
First, are you seriously suggesting I don't know what a Darwin Award is? Second, technically, you don't have to actually DIE, just remove yourself from the gene pool. Blowing your own nuts off works pretty well for that.

tonje
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 June 23, 01:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the soil?

I`ve read somewhere (don`t remember where) that there are different soils.. like dry and wet.
Whenever I plant water melon it dries up and almost dies every day.. soo sick of this.

Also.. I havent figured out how to make the sprinkler automatic water the plants at night.
So far I`ve only played with 2 households, - they are both located close to the beach.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 23, 04:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You read wrong about the soil, there's no dry or wet.  As for the automatic sprinklers, they work automatically from 4-7 am, and there is no night option.
tonje
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 June 23, 05:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ty for your reply.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 June 23, 08:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think talking just raises the Sim's social motive.  I have not seen any benefit for the plants.

Do you think that a creature that can live from 0 to more than 1000 years would lose time paying attention to your bla-bla-bla? They just hide behind Pescado and close the ears.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 June 23, 11:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think that a creature that can live from 0 to more than 1000 years would lose time paying attention to your bla-bla-bla? They just hide behind Pescado and close the ears.

I have no clue what this means.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
curious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 June 23, 14:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know what happens to your plants when you move your family to another house? Can you still go back to the old lot to tend and harvest?
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 June 23, 15:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can go back to your old house and harvest, but you can't tend.  The plants cease to need watering or weeding, and don't seem to go barren, so tending isn't that important.  If you have a lot of high-quality plants, you can abuse this a bit by moving next door, so the travel time is minimal.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 June 23, 16:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gained from opportunity that crops up

/chuckle.

curious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 June 23, 17:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they'll just keep yielding produce? Cool! I have quite a few perfect and special plants that i didn't want to lose. Thanks.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 June 25, 03:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to keep plants from dying/going barren? They seem to die even when they are good quality, tended by level 10 gardeners in my game.
There's a guy on TS3 forum who claims you can cross-pollinate... anyone do anything like that?

INTP.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 June 25, 04:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dying and going barren are two different states.  Dying is pretty rare, you have to really neglect a plant to kill it ... except for the Death Flower, which always dies when it blooms.  The Green Thumb trait (not the reward) allows you to revive a plant, once.  So a Green Thumb Sim can get two Death Flowers.  Everyone else gets just one.

"Going barren" is unavoidable, and not reversible.  It's part of the game balance.  The idea is that you get a limited amount of produce from each planting cycle before you must go through the investment of planting and waiting through the initial growth.

Telling a Sim to clean up dead plants is fine if they're an amateur gardener, but prohibitively time consuming if they're a real farmer.  Each trip goes to the lot garbage can, and won't target small trash containers.  If you have a dozen or plants finish at once, which is common if you're planting in volume, you might as well just delete them manually in Build mode.

- Gus

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 June 25, 04:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Going barren" is unavoidable, and not reversible.  It's part of the game balance.  The idea is that you get a limited amount of produce from each planting cycle before you must go through the investment of planting and waiting through the initial growth.

Telling a Sim to clean up dead plants is fine if they're an amateur gardener, but prohibitively time consuming if they're a real farmer.  Each trip goes to the lot garbage can, and won't target small trash containers.  If you have a dozen or plants finish at once, which is common if you're planting in volume, you might as well just delete them manually in Build mode.

Thanks, this is helpful.

Do you know about this cross-pollination question? It's possible supposedly, to cross two plants. I wonder if he was just fertilizing one plant with the produce of another... he claims to be a gardening badass who knows his stuff and is writing a guide (haven't seen it yet).

edit: fixed grammar

INTP.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 June 25, 04:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know about this cross-pollination question? It's possible supposedly, to cross two plants. I wonder if he was just fertilizing one plant with the produce of another... he claims to be a gardening badass who knows his stuff and is writing a guide (haven't seen it yet).

I don't think that's true.  I've had my Sims do tons of gardening constantly, and I've never once seen any plant bear anything other than the sort of plant it is - with the obvious exception of the omni plant.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 June 25, 12:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he claims to be a gardening badass who knows his stuff and is writing a guide (haven't seen it yet).
He's either an idiot or a liar.  The latter could be intentional humor, along the lines of the Diablo I "cow level" hoax, but sadly it's far more likely that he's just stupid.  Only the Omni plant generates more than once kind of produce, and it only copies what you feed it.

- Gus

Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 June 25, 15:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Secret Cow level in D1 ROFLMAO Good times...goooood times  Grin Grin
I am so looking forward to get D3 but that's a different story.
Back to topic: Crosspollination...yeah right!! I believe that "gardening badass" rather forgot, what he planted where.
BTW: My level 10 gardener (with the green thumb trait plus the "super green thumb life time award" can revive Death-flowers more than once.
Not sure if that's a bug/glitch or a feature. Death flowers keep piling up in his inventory and I didn't find any appr. use for them yet
(besides working as a trade off whenever a sim dies by accident...which hasn't happen in my game yet)

-le
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: