More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:55:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Heartbreaker LTW question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Heartbreaker LTW question  (Read 15311 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Heartbreaker LTW question
« on: 2009 June 04, 16:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim has the lifetime wish to be the boyfriend of 10 different sims.  He has girlfriend number 1, and he's rolling up wishes to ask other sims to be his girlfriends, relationships are high enough, the female sims are single, the current conversation status is 'extremely irresistible', they're love interests.  I can't see any reason why he can't ask them to be his girlfriends.   However, there's no option on the romantic menu for him to ask these sims to go steady.

I assumed this was a wish for 10 simultaneous girlfriends (as the similar LTW in TS2 was for simultaneous loves).  Am I making an incorrect assumption here?  Can he only have one girlfriend at a time?  Is he going to have to break up with each girlfriend before he can ask the next one to be his girlfriend?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Heartbreaker LTW question
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 04, 16:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know for sure, but since the girlfriend/boyfriend is shown as a "partner" that other sims can learn if you have or not, I guess it would be logical that there was only one girlfriend/boyfriend available at a time. Not that I'd like that...

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
joker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 04, 17:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep ! You can only have one Girlfriend/wife at a time. I think this is Racist as I am a Muslim who has 5 wives   lol
Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 04, 17:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I'm playing Don Lothario and have been wondering this. It's pretty stupid if you ask me.
casca
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 04, 20:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep ! You can only have one Girlfriend/wife at a time.

This is not true. At least in the unpatched leaked copy. My Sim asked someone who had a boyfriend to go steady and she accepted. Right after that, I had the option to "ask to break up with Tim". She agreed by saying something like, "I suppose you're right. Tim and I are over. But Tim will be very upset with you. You should work on your relationship." It took a crapload of time to even get the option to go steady, though. You have to be very persistent.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 04, 23:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Casca, how did you manage to get simultaneous partners?  I'm in the same boat as Kyna with my ghostsexin' heartbreaker sim, she's got high enough relations with all the prospects, they are not taken and they are listed as romantic interests of hers, but I can't get any more than one semitransparent boyfriend/girlfriend for her.

Honestly though, casca, granted that the next immediate option was "DTMFA" for the sim yours bunked up with, I don't believe simultaneous partners are allowed.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 04, 23:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep ! You can only have one Girlfriend/wife at a time. I think this is Racist as I am a Muslim who has 5 wives   lol

Thanks for the info, although that "lol" in your post is offensive to wiccans.  Note that Islam isn't a race, it's a religion, so "racist" is not the word you were looking for.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
joker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 05, 00:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info, although that "lol" in your post is offensive to wiccans.  Note that Islam isn't a race, it's a religion, so "racist" is not the word you were looking for.

Yes sorry for the Error, but hey I am the Joker and everything is possible, In fact I am not a muslim at all, I am a Catholic priest and have a harem of choirboys, and am really dissapointed that this is missing from the sims 3, maybe you modders can work on it for me !
casca
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 05, 00:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Casca, how did you manage to get simultaneous partners?  I'm in the same boat as Kyna with my ghostsexin' heartbreaker sim, she's got high enough relations with all the prospects, they are not taken and they are listed as romantic interests of hers, but I can't get any more than one semitransparent boyfriend/girlfriend for her.

Honestly though, casca, granted that the next immediate option was "DTMFA" for the sim yours bunked up with, I don't believe simultaneous partners are allowed.

Like I said, I was playing the non-patched leaked version, so perhaps that was adjusted in the final copy. All I know is, it took a very long time of romantic interactions before the "ask to go steady" option came up. I grabbed it, then saw the "ask to break up" option, and did that right away.  Undecided
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 05, 00:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also using the leaked unpatched RLD version.  Did you manage to check the target sim's partners list prior to ordering to dump Tim?  If there were two sims listed, then I'd wholly buy this "having multiple partners at once" malarkey.

Did anybody with syberspunk's "adults go steady" hack in TS2 ever bother trying to get a sim with multiple steadypersons?  I never did, but I guess if multipartners wasn't a feature in TS2, it's not so bad that it's not a feature in TS3.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 05, 00:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a bug to me, it's like the game hadn't properly checked the status of the (presumably uncontrolled) sim you are interacting with.  Even then, your sim was only involved in one relationship.

In my understanding, a heartbreaker is one who jumps from relationship to relationship, that is different from one who is involved in multiple relationships.  I think it makes sense.
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 05, 01:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a bug to me, it's like the game hadn't properly checked the status of the (presumably uncontrolled) sim you are interacting with.  Even then, your sim was only involved in one relationship.

In my understanding, a heartbreaker is one who jumps from relationship to relationship, that is different from one who is involved in multiple relationships.  I think it makes sense.

Don't know what world you come from, but if my wife was involved in multiple relationships, I'd be pretty heart-broken.
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 05, 02:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say that unless it specifically mentions the word "simultaneous" than it's not. I mean in the sims 2 romance sims' lifetime wants all spoke about simultaneous-ness... Smiley

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 05, 02:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes sorry for the Error, but hey I am the Joker and everything is possible, In fact I am not a muslim at all, I am a Catholic priest and have a harem of choirboys

Meh, that shtick's been done too, by Father Jeb.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 05, 07:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes sorry for the Error, but hey I am the Joker and everything is possible, In fact I am not a muslim at all, I am a Catholic priest and have a harem of choirboys

Meh, that shtick's been done too, by Father Jeb.

I suppose the shtick could be, 'most unoriginal tard ever'?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 05, 10:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be okay with the fact that you can only have one significant other at a time, but what I don't like is that you have to manually break up with the first before you can ask out another.  You should just be able to ask out another and the first automatically disappears.  Yes, the first SO would learn psychically that a break-up had happen (perhaps talk about the town) but then at least you don't have to go through the trouble of inviting them over just so you can dump them.  All the while your new SO is waiting patiently for you to flirt her back up to romance status...

Granted, finding a new SO without breaking up with the old one FIRST should make the first one a lot more angry with you.

By the way, I have to say I absolutely LOVE that there is an interaction for "romantic interest" called "Let's just be friends."  It doesn't even have a huge negative effect on the relationship (after all, you aren't even going steady!).  In the Sims 2, falling out of love with somebody was irritatingly difficult.  People got jealous over the stupidest crap, and the only way to stop them from getting jealous was to get rid of the love, which was usually only possible by doing something to make them jealous =P  Basically, falling in love ruined relationships in Sims 2.  It was very hard to go back to being friends.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 05, 21:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need further help with this LTW.

Since I can't get him to have simultaneous girlfriends, I invited his lovers over one at a time, proposed "go steady" to get the boyfriend/girlfriend status, then broke up.  He now has 9 ex-girlfriends and a current girlfriend, which makes 10, but the LTW is still not satisfied.

Anyone got any ideas?  I hated satisfying romance LTWs in TS2 and either didn't play romance sims or rerolled the LTW until they got a career LTW, and it looks like I'm going to find romance-type LTWs just as annoying in TS3.

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 05, 21:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From your first post, I can't quite tell, but have you tried having 10 romantic interests at once?  Perhaps the want is worded badly.  (Sheer speculation, I've avoided the want precisely because I hated playing TS2's romance and popularity Sims so much.)

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 05, 21:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, I have to say I absolutely LOVE that there is an interaction for "romantic interest" called "Let's just be friends."  It doesn't even have a huge negative effect on the relationship (after all, you aren't even going steady!).  In the Sims 2, falling out of love with somebody was irritatingly difficult.  People got jealous over the stupidest crap, and the only way to stop them from getting jealous was to get rid of the love, which was usually only possible by doing something to make them jealous =P  Basically, falling in love ruined relationships in Sims 2.  It was very hard to go back to being friends.

How did you get this option to pop up? I've got a Sim who's recently married and I'd like to kill off her "romantic interest" relationship with her coworker, but have never seen this come up.

I sing along with elevator music.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 05, 21:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you need to "woohoo and leave 'em."

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 05, 21:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From your first post, I can't quite tell, but have you tried having 10 romantic interests at once?  Perhaps the want is worded badly.  (Sheer speculation, I've avoided the want precisely because I hated playing TS2's romance and popularity Sims so much.)

He has 8 love interests besides the latest girlfriend, so I thought I'd try your route, but first I thought he'd try to get his new girlfriend pregnant before he goes off to find another love interest.  As soon as he got out of bed after woohooing the latest girlfriend he got the LTW.  Now I can cross this LTW off my list as "done that, been there, never doing that one again".

Looks like you're right - the girlfriend doesn't count as one of the 10 if they haven't woohooed, but he didn't need to leave number 10.

I know it's not the number of woohoos as he has woohooed more than 10 sims.  Some of the sims were in relationships and I wasn't going to break them up just to satisfy his LTW.  He has a dozen children by 10 different sims, with several more on the way.  Since he didn't have memories to help me keep track, I decided to use pregnancies Wink

MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 05, 22:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you get this option to pop up? I've got a Sim who's recently married and I'd like to kill off her "romantic interest" relationship with her coworker, but have never seen this come up.

It's under "Mean..." I think, just like any other break up.  I've never had any problems doing a break up regardless of the current relationship or social state, so I'm pretty sure that it's always available.
I just figured out today that romantic interest is not like love from TS2 anyway.  They don't just get it when you do something romantic with them.  The action "Confess Attraction" is what causes it, so you can easily have some sex buddies without those messy feelings getting in the way.
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 06, 04:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of confusing LTWs, I've been playing the Shallow family in Riverview. Kurt, the eldest, is a widow according to his bio and he has the gold digger LTW. In the Riverview graveyard, there is a Sasha Shallow; I thought she was Kurt's dead wife and so sent him there every night to get a glimpse of her (and it took over a sim week to finally get a look at her, grr.) Anyway, it seems that either the relationship is borked or she was related to a different branch of the Shallow family because they had to be introduced and there was no LTW fulfillment, which is something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY. Oh well, hopefully you will learn from my fail. Luckily, he's been putting the moves on Hannah Jones, so maybe there's time to make her leave Aiden, marry Kurt and kill her off before he kicks it.

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 21, 15:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of confusing LTWs, I've been playing the Shallow family in Riverview. Kurt, the eldest, is a widow according to his bio and he has the gold digger LTW. In the Riverview graveyard, there is a Sasha Shallow; I thought she was Kurt's dead wife and so sent him there every night to get a glimpse of her (and it took over a sim week to finally get a look at her, grr.) Anyway, it seems that either the relationship is borked or she was related to a different branch of the Shallow family because they had to be introduced and there was no LTW fulfillment, which is something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY. Oh well, hopefully you will learn from my fail. Luckily, he's been putting the moves on Hannah Jones, so maybe there's time to make her leave Aiden, marry Kurt and kill her off before he kicks it.

I have the same problem, only I killed Tom the son, so that June could get her LTW and see his ghost. When he showed up... nothing. It said ex-husband when she talked to him and got no wish fulfillment. Is the unlinking at death to blame for this? I have a feeling this is an unattainable LTW. Has anyone succeeded with it?

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 21, 16:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like you're right - the girlfriend doesn't count as one of the 10 if they haven't woohooed, but he didn't need to leave number 10.
That's stupid that it doesn't count unless he's woohooed each girlfriend.  There is nothing in the LTW description to suggest that.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: