More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:28:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Installing a Bought Version
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installing a Bought Version  (Read 8708 times)
morgwild
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Installing a Bought Version
« on: 2009 June 04, 08:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I've been looking around the forum and can't seem to find more than a few references to people who had a pirated version and then bought and installed the official version, and those people aren't particularly explicit about how it's gone. So, who bought it? Of the people who bought it, who tried to install it without uninstalling their pirated version, which pirate version did you have, and what happened? Who uninstalled their pirated version and then attempted an install of the official; how'd that go?

If I missed a post anywhere going through all of the above, sorry!
teaislovely
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Installing a Bought Version
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 04, 09:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the pirated version. I copied my Electronic Arts folder (the one from documents) onto a flash drive just to make sure it was safe and then uninstalled it normally. I had no problems installing the bought version and its working perfectly (also no crashes... yet). I was able to put back my save game from the reloaded pirate copy and it worked ok.. if a little slow.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 04, 12:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I copied my Saves file to desktop, uninstalled the free trial (RELOADED) version, restarted computer, installed retail version. No problems. I have been playing Riverview ever since so no idea as to whether my Saves work or not.

More F than you
mibsywibsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 04, 12:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed the Reloaded version, played it a bunch, and then uninstalled it and installed a legit (though unpaid for) copy when it came out. No problems in any respect, although I didn't bother keeping any of my saves.

AVAST YE NERDS
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 04, 14:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the RLD version, then the Razor version, then the patched Razor version, then I bought and installed the retail version (collector's edition.  PLUMBOB FTW)  I uninstalled each previous version,  telling it to leave the save games.  I've not had any problems with saves or anything.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 04, 14:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had reloaded. I just uninstalled it and installed my legal copy. I told it to not delete my saved games. I didn't bother backing them up because I don't mind starting over. Anyways after install my family was still there. I then got all the store stuff from the thread in peasantry and it all worked too.

I did have a mess with my second computer though. I went to game copy world for the no-cd crack, and clicked a link that had a virus infested pop up. First thing it did was shut off my firewall. AVG couldn't find or clean it. The launcher was stuffing up and crashing my whole computer. I routed the shortcut around to the .exe to avoid the launcher and was able to load the game but then had big nasty crashes after about 20-30 minutes in the game.

I finally gave in and did a good old fashioned nuke and pave on that machine. So you might consider viruses if you have a similar situation, even if your virus scanner doesn't find anything.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 04, 22:12:18 by Perez Hilton » Logged
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 04, 14:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, had the Reloaded version, copied my saved files and my library files.  Uninstalled and installed the Collectors copy.  Everything went smoothly and then installed all the store items from here.  No glitches at all.  I even let the launcher do its thing and nothing has happened.
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 04, 14:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the RZR version installed, I backed up my saved game, uninstalled like normal, installed the retail version and then put my saved game back in. I've been playing for 2 days now with no problems.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 04, 16:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirate Cat does not pay for his downloads!!

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
modelchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 04, 17:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. I had the Razor release, backed up my custom sims, but not the saves, figured I'd start fresh. I uninstalled the game and deleted the torrent as well, then restarted. I've had no errors or any problems like others have had.
morgwild
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 04, 20:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone! I'd only been seeing the 'problem' cases about, so I'm happy to see that so many basic uninstalls and re-installs went off without a hitch Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 05, 12:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-DVD crack available in the Razor crackfix download works with the retail/purchased disk version of the game (at least N.American release).  The .exe in the crackfix is the same version as comes with the disk.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: