More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:39:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Just a word of warning - - Walmart Prima Guide
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just a word of warning - - Walmart Prima Guide  (Read 31641 times)
appels
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Just a word of warning - - Walmart Prima Guide
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 07, 13:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, Secret of Monkey Island. The manual was beautiful and the install would required you to enter the first word on page 10.

The wii remake just won't be the same.  Undecided
There's going to be a Wii remake of Monkey Island? Really?! I think I'm having a game-gasm.

I think my most memorable manual would be the bookwork that came with Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.
LadyVatrovia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 07, 15:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide I got at Best Buy is a large one. It was $19.99, came with a mouse pad and huge town map of where to find all the gems, bugs etc....after your frequent user thing-a-jig...it was $18 something after taxes

I've been toying with the idea of getting that one, but I couldn't find out anything about the mouse pad.  It is one of those foam-ish ones or one that is friendly to wireless/laser mouses?

It's fairly thin, seems as if it would work fine. I have a roller ball so I haven't tried it...the map is just awesome!!! The book itself is large and hardback!
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 07, 18:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the very impressive manual that came with the original release of The Sims; it's probably the only one I've read through more than once.

I still keep it in my bathroom, and I haven't played Sims 1 in three years.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 07, 21:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved the Myst and Riven guides when I was a kid. I'd carry them around to read and reread them.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 08, 17:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wii Monkey Island game looks like a sequel, not a remake.  In the trailer Guybrush refers to Elaine as his wife.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 08, 18:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wii Monkey Island game looks like a sequel, not a remake.  In the trailer Guybrush refers to Elaine as his wife.

Read MOAR.

Nintendo announced two new Monkey Island games last week at E3; remake and new series. The trailer you saw is for the five episode game series to be released following the remake.

I'd say more, but that would be shilling.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 10, 13:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read MOAR.

Nintendo announced two new Monkey Island games last week at E3; remake and new series. The trailer you saw is for the five episode game series to be released following the remake.

I'd say more, but that would be shilling.

Ah, thank you for the information.  That is squee-worthy news.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 13, 15:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, this type of copy protection has disappeared now that everyone has access to the internet.  Instead, we get Suckurom. 

I remember the original Prince of Persia had a sequence based number or something (Page #, Line #, Word #).  This code would give you a letter. (1 in 26 chance of being right).  You had to enter a code every time you entered the game or levelled up.  There were lots of chances to enter a letter.
I had an Indiana Jones game based on The Last Crusade on my good ol' Amiga back in the day. One of the levels was based on wandering around the tombs, but to enter the tombs you first had to enter a secret code, which you had to find in the manual. There was a long list of possible codes and you had to match it up with what was shown on screen. If you put in the right one, you could continue the game no problem - collect all your collectible bits, and eventually leave the tomb. If you put in the wrong code, you were sent to a 'dud' tomb that had no collectibles and no exit, and thus you essentially failed the game  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: