More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 14:17:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Old Homework In Inventory Issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Old Homework In Inventory Issue  (Read 13485 times)
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Old Homework In Inventory Issue
« on: 2009 June 11, 22:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody have a problem with the old homework left in a Sim's inventory? The old homework could not be deleted, nor can it be thrown away if the old homework is placed on a table or a floor.

My child Sim aged up into a teen when she had homework in her inventory. That particular homework object became the old homework.

Is there a way to delete old homework from the Sim's inventory? It's clogging up the Sim's inventory with no venue to delete it or finish it.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Old Homework In Inventory Issue
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 11, 22:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just chucked it onto the "Drag Things Here To Sell Them" icon below the cell phone in the inventory.  Gone.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 11, 22:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I place it on floor and delete it, with moveobjects on.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 11, 22:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right. That I can do. I did wonder why she couldn't finish her old homework to bring her grade back up to where it was. Thanks for the suggestions!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 12, 13:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder why they even keep it in the game.  The game obviously is aware of the situation and prepared for it, to some extent, because it changes the description of the homework to "OLD HOMEWORK."  Well, yeah, duh, it is.  Instead of going to the extra trouble of renaming it, why didn't the designers just make it disappear and save everybody the trouble?  Does it have sentimental value?

Interesting point: When you transition to teen, you lose your A and get dropped down to C and have to build it back up again.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 12, 13:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently other children in the household can copy the old homework when you take it out of the inventory and place it on a table or the ground.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 12, 13:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting point: When you transition to teen, you lose your A and get dropped down to C and have to build it back up again.

I hate that.  Why should an honor roll genius kid become suddenly average again just because s/he started high school?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 12, 14:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently other children in the household can copy the old homework when you take it out of the inventory and place it on a table or the ground.

Now that is interesting.  I'll try that this evening.  Nice tip.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 12, 17:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I never bother with the "Be on honor roll for 3 days" want. Also, if a child ages up to teen in the morning, before school, they can't go to high school until the next day.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZeKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 13, 10:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if a child ages up to teen in the morning, before school, they can't go to high school until the next day.

I've had some weird issues with that. When they age up in the morning, it tells me that school starts in 1 day, but after an hour or two, it suddenly says "Missing school!" and I can send them to school. Seems like the game can't really decide what to do.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 13, 13:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some weird issues with that. When they age up in the morning, it tells me that school starts in 1 day, but after an hour or two, it suddenly says "Missing school!" and I can send them to school. Seems like the game can't really decide what to do.

That could be the result of AwesomeMod, if you have it installed.  After the update to AwesomeMod that fixed the bug with the enforced day off whenever a night-shift sim got a promotion, I started seeing the same thing with sims who got a job or promotion shortly before their new work hours started.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 13, 14:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that.  Why should an honor roll genius kid become suddenly average again just because s/he started high school?
It has to do with the typical stupidity of the way the grade system has ALWAYS worked. In real life, at the beginning of school, your grade is an undefined value of 0/0. This is implicitly treated as an "A+", because you have earned all of the possible points you can possibly earn. From there, things can only get worse. The Sims likes to spread this physically-unrealistic message that things can improve, mostly because a bleak future in which entropy ultimately always wins is not a message that resonates well with the sheeple. Sheeple hate thermodynamics.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: