More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:21:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 under Windows 7
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 under Windows 7  (Read 85875 times)
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sims 3 under Windows 7
« on: 2009 June 03, 18:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not completely convinced this is worthy of its own thread yet, but I don't think people are reading the longer/older threads as much; and it'll probably become more relevant over the next few months.

Anyone using the Windows 7 release candidate with Sims 3? If so how is it working?

I kind of need to install Win7 at home for work purposes, thinking about doing this soon, but don't want to bork TS3 any more than it is already borked.

If no responses occur, I'll probably give it a shot anyway and post my results.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 21:45:35 by TashaYarrr » Logged
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 + Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 03, 18:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be watching with interest Tasha, cuz I want Win 7 as soon as possible.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 03, 18:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have The Sims 2 with all expansion packs installed on Windows 7 64x build 7127 and everything is working fine. The Sims 1 (I still play it) and The Sims 3 work as well.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
malianx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 03, 18:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently running TS3 on windows 7 RC7100. Everything runs well, I've yet to find a game in my collection that doesn't run equal or better (dx10).

Win7 is a major improvement to not only vista, but a clear upgrade from XP.
celendis
Asinine Airhead

"I like this noob!" -Kazzandra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 03, 18:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using Win7 x64 and Sims3 runs just great on it.
Raicuparta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 03, 18:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also using Win7 and the Sims 3 runs just like it runs on any other Windows.
Viviane
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 03, 18:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game runs great on both Win7 32 & 64bits.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 03, 19:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, thanks for the replies.
Kaze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 03, 19:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also using Windows 7 with the Sims 3. However, the arr'ed version has some compatability issues, and you might have some trouble running it.
Interfection
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 03, 19:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also using Windows 7 with the Sims 3. However, the arr'ed version has some compatability issues, and you might have some trouble running it.

I've seen no compatibility issues, running Razor until stupid Amazon decides to ship my game, and Windows 7 x64 build 7100.  For future reference, Windows 7 runs pretty much everything Vista can, often better.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 03, 20:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen no compatibility issues, running Razor until stupid Amazon decides to ship my game, and Windows 7 x64 build 7100.  For future reference, Windows 7 runs pretty much everything Vista can, often better.

:::Smacks you in the back of the head::: You should know better than to order ANYTHING from Amazon.

Anyway, I rum Sims 3 on 7 and Vista with no problem. My graphics suck, because I have a shitty graphics card, but other than that, the game runs great on Windoze 7.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
cheezwiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 03, 20:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed my Reloaded version on my Win7 machine and it's working fine.  Better than I hoped, in fact, even though it's the "spare parts" machine made up of all the best parts of prior computers.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 03, 20:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I unfortunately blew up my Seven when trying to downgrade to WMP11, which broke all media player functionality, and XP still runs too well to run a re- or -pair-install. Maybe when it is released, so there is a standard version everyone uses and there is no guessing involved if this file is for a beta, RC1 (7100) or the leaked build 7127.

sunhair
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 under Windows 7
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 03, 22:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running Windows 7 x64 bit RC build 7100 with The Sims 3 and it runs great.
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 04, 00:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running Windows 7 x64 bit RC build 7100 with The Sims 3 and it runs great.
I was also running the RLD version on x64 Win 7, but was having it crash a hell of a lot.
I installed Win 7 x86 but with the RZR release, and had 0 crashes.
I'm picking up my official copy of the game tonight, and will format with the latest 7137 RC of x86.
From talks with a mate, who ran TS3 on both Vista and 7; 7 seems much better.
Windows 7 FTW.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 04, 01:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Vista for a while, finally formatted it and reinstalled XP in a fit of whateverness (well, mostly retardation as it meant I was no longer utilizing all my RAM); I've probably managed to SecuRom myself on this XP install so I was planning on wiping it soon anyway. I'm glad to hear it is working well for you all.

Does it still have UAC?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 04, 01:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Vista for a while, finally formatted it and reinstalled XP in a fit of whateverness (well, mostly retardation as it meant I was no longer utilizing all my RAM); I've probably managed to SecuRom myself on this XP install so I was planning on wiping it soon anyway. I'm glad to hear it is working well for you all.

Does it still have UAC?
Yes, but now you can tweak it so it doesn't bother you as much. You can still turn it off completely as well.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 04, 02:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it still have UAC?
There are 4 settings now:

Always Notify - Windows Vista mode, notifies you whenever you make a setting that will affect all users.
Sometimes Notify - Windows 7 Default, you can make changes to system settings but you still need to elevate when copying a file into a system protected folder.
Sometimes Notify (No dim screen) - The same as Sometimes Notify except that UAC will not cause the Secure Desktop to activate on a UAC prompt.
Never Notify - Windows XP mode, UAC is effectively disabled.  You must use Run as... to elevate and Administrator accounts can do whatever they want on the system.

You still can't tell it to remember any settings or have it protect anything other than C:/Windows, C:/Program Files, or your user folder from other users though.  For that, you'll still need to use a HIPS.
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 04, 03:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the beauty about UAC is that you can turn it down or off with out having to reboot the PC.
I used vLite on one of my builds to remove the secondary administrator account, so that I didn't need to 'run as administrator' with some apps, even though I was admin.
And added the reg key and some other things to it, so it would install with out needing my attention.
delete_me
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 04, 12:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the Reloaded version on Windows 7 x64 RC7100 and it worked perfectly at highest graphics settings.
Then i connected my TV to my computer with an S-video cable (for movies, not games) and all of the sudden The Sims 3 only lets me run on lowest graphics settings and in 4:3 format instead of 16:9 as it were before.

Ended up formatting the whole thing and installed XP x64 again and now I'm gonna go look for the retail version of The Sims 3.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 04, 14:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the beauty about UAC is that you can turn it down or off with out having to reboot the PC.

My Windows 7 RC 7100 still makes me reboot when I turn off UAC.  Well, it doesn't make me reboot on the spot, it's like Vista where it says changes won't take place until after I reboot.
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 05, 14:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Windows 7 RC 7100 still makes me reboot when I turn off UAC.  Well, it doesn't make me reboot on the spot, it's like Vista where it says changes won't take place until after I reboot.

same here
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 06, 21:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NVIDIA users, what drivers are you using?

I'm getting some weird graphics issues on hairs (particularly Store female hairs) now, white pixellation lines. For example, 'high ponytail' looks like there are about six silver lines distributed through the hair, at first I thought there was some weird accessory built into the hair.

No other graphics issues, though.

This is the Win7 WHQLs (185.85 I think) on a ... what does this box have ... 9600GT. Default settings in game and NVIDIA control panel, 1920X1200 native rez.
fidel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 06, 22:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Directx on Win7 seems a little odd. I had to update off the install disk as well as get the installer from MS download before FSX would run, but no problems with any games since. Might try that if you haven't.
Katarina
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 21, 18:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Windows7, but I don't have TS3...Are MOST of u sure it works FINE on W7?!Because I'm looking to buy it for my birthday and I wanna make sure it'l work before I spend my money on something that wont work... :S
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: