More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:20:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Traits Cheat Sheet - Work in Progress
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Traits Cheat Sheet - Work in Progress  (Read 98270 times)
simovitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Traits Cheat Sheet - Work in Progress
« Reply #75 on: 2009 August 09, 16:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trait: Hot-Headed
CAS Description: Erm.. don't know..
Features (Benefits and drawbacks): Hot-Headed sims get really mad really easily. The needs for hunger and sleep really put them in a pissy mood when they get too low, though. They can go from being in the best mood to the absolute worst instantaneously.
Associated Interactions: Arguing, irritating.. I'm pretty sure
Other Notes:

Does anyone know what trait makes them look in the mirror all the time and gussy up and all that? Because I had a sim that always did that in his free time and I don't know what trait makes him do that... It's weird that there isn't a "conceited" or "vain" trait, because that is definitely a realistic trait to give them. Haha
insane sims do that, they literally just do random actions on their own if you leave them for 5 minutes.
simovitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 August 09, 17:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's a few contributions to this based on my observations:

Trait: Loves The Outdoors
CAS Description:  Can supposedly learn gardening and fishing faster.
Features:  Gets a positive moodlet when outdoors.
Associated Interactions:  "Enthuse about outdoors" interaction while outside.
Other Notes:

Trait: Loner
CAS Description:  Needs less social interaction.
Features:  Slower social decay, Gets a positive moodlet when alone, Gets a negative moodlet when in crowded places, which includes school and possibly work.
Associated Interactions:
Other Notes:

Trait: Insane
CAS Description:  Sim supposedly makes decisions out of whim.
Features:  Can fish out of swimming pools.
Associated Interactions: Speak Madness, Tell Ghost Story, Talk about conspiracies, can Talk to Self
Other Notes:
The insane sim also has the ability to rummage through trashcans and for different occasions has a tendency to wear the wrong out fit.  if you send her to work out she might get dressed in formal wear, to go swimming she switches in to every day wear for example.
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 August 10, 02:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but one sim of mine has a 'Teeldeer' trait, as in TL;DR. It has a leaping deer and a wall of text for a description. His magic power is to bore people to sleep, sort of like 'No sense of humor' does, only supercharged.

He's a teen in Riverside, and I'm not sure if he came with the game or if he was born there...
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 August 10, 02:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but one sim of mine has a 'Teeldeer' trait, as in TL;DR. It has a leaping deer and a wall of text for a description. His magic power is to bore people to sleep, sort of like 'No sense of humor' does, only supercharged.

He's a teen in Riverside, and I'm not sure if he came with the game or if he was born there...

This trait was added to the game by Pescado.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 August 10, 12:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a list of Pes-made traits somewhere?
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 August 10, 14:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's convenient for making sims nap on couches, benches, ect. Example: 'homeless' sims sleeping on park benches. Husbands sleeping on couch.
Personal amusement falls short of a tangible benefit to actual gameplay, though.

That's true, but some of the challenges people release make good use of napping.  For example, the homeless challenges has them sleeping on benches all the time.  Or, the Asylum challenge has more crazy inmates then there are beds and you have to remove one bed for every inmate that dies.  If napping didn't suck, it would make that aspect of the challenge far more trivial.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2009 August 15, 12:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey does anyone know which trait can't be killed by freak accidents? Was it Unlucky or Loser? Or both?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 August 15, 12:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was Unlucky. Unlucky = Unkillable. Useful for sims you want to torture.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2009 August 15, 13:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Thanks. I'm actually working on a huge Traits list and am using a lot of info from here. But also from guides and my own gameplay experiences. Will give credit to this site once it's finished.
http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3infoindex.php?id=traitsbiglist

Page 1 and 2 is done. Page 3 is in progress.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 August 15, 14:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have a printing error on page 3, the Bookworm trait is labelled with the "Neat" label.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2009 August 15, 14:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As said, page 3 is still in progress.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 August 15, 23:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I haven't seen is how traits map to LTW. It would be especially useful to folks who do legacy challenges in which you have to achieve every LTW.  It would probably be hard to do b/c some portion of mapping does appear to have a random element.  Then again, you can experiment ad nauseum in CAS to figure it out.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 August 16, 06:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was Unlucky. Unlucky = Unkillable. Useful for sims you want to torture.

I was thinking the apocalypse challenge, actually. I've been compiling a list of most useful traits for apocalypse sims. Inappropriate unlocks the sponge bath interaction with no hygiene limitation, but so far I haven't seen any autonomous sponge bathing. Unlucky is good for broken appliance insurance, if the business career continues to restrict service sims (since business is hardly a priority). Ambitious and/or workaholic, obviously.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 August 16, 06:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I haven't seen is how traits map to LTW. It would be especially useful to folks who do legacy challenges in which you have to achieve every LTW.  It would probably be hard to do b/c some portion of mapping does appear to have a random element.  Then again, you can experiment ad nauseum in CAS to figure it out.

I saw a list like this over at boolprop. As you said, there is a random element. I know that some of the listed LTWs and associated traits are not complete. I may try to do my own mapping or get under the hood to see if there is something that I can find in the XML.
I've been randomizing my traits and I've had options to get most, if not all, LTWs by the 5th generation. I'm averaging about 5-6 kids per generation. Snob is good to get the money wishes, especially gold digger, which is the only time I have had that come up.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2009 August 16, 09:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carl's guide did a good job on the connection of LTW and traits: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/lifetimewishes/
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 August 16, 14:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be especially useful to folks who do legacy challenges in which you have to achieve every LTW. 

Except that you can often trigger entirely un-trait-related LTWs just by starting to complete them - for example, "Become an Astronaut" by using the telescope for a while, or "Become a Creature-Robot Crossbreeder" by skilling gardening.

INFP or something
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 August 18, 03:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carl's guide did a good job on the connection of LTW and traits: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/lifetimewishes/
Ah, yeah, that's exactly what I was requesting.  I wonder if he used game data or experiments to compile the info, since he put a caveat in there that it's just "a compass to guide you".  Hopefully, he didn't just list the traits he happened to have when he got those LTWs.

It would be especially useful to folks who do legacy challenges in which you have to achieve every LTW. 

Except that you can often trigger entirely un-trait-related LTWs just by starting to complete them - for example, "Become an Astronaut" by using the telescope for a while, or "Become a Creature-Robot Crossbreeder" by skilling gardening.
I'm not sure what you mean by triggering LTWs when skilling.  When you get to be a young adult or create one in CAS, it forces you to choose one of five LTWs.    Are you talking about the the everyday wishes that are triggered as an adolescent to take on a particular LTW?  Or, are you saying that those skills affect the five LTW it forces you to choose from when you hit young adult?

I did experiment with them some in CAS.  It seemed like certain combinations of traits always resulted in certain LTWs, while one or two of the five LTWs were randomly chosen from a small pool of ones that may or may not have been marginally related to the traits.  Hmm.. I wonder if what appears to be one or two semi-random LTWs are actually skill-based LTWs, like you suggest, and it only seemed random because I was in CAS and all skills had equal probability since they were all at 0.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 August 18, 03:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking the apocalypse challenge, actually. I've been compiling a list of most useful traits for apocalypse sims. Inappropriate unlocks the sponge bath interaction with no hygiene limitation, but so far I haven't seen any autonomous sponge bathing.

When I played that Asylum challenge, I saw some autonomous sponge bathing.  I didn't even know it was possible until the sims I wasn't allowed to control started shooing people out of the kitchen to do it. Smiley
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 August 18, 04:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yeah, that's exactly what I was requesting.  I wonder if he used game data or experiments to compile the info, since he put a caveat in there that it's just "a compass to guide you".  Hopefully, he didn't just list the traits he happened to have when he got those LTWs.

I'm not sure what you mean by triggering LTWs when skilling.  When you get to be a young adult or create one in CAS, it forces you to choose one of five LTWs.    Are you talking about the the everyday wishes that are triggered as an adolescent to take on a particular LTW?  Or, are you saying that those skills affect the five LTW it forces you to choose from when you hit young adult?

The former. You can pick their LTW before it gives you the five options and those appear to be triggered the same as normal wants. Thus, you can make a sim whose traits wouldn't give you the "astronaut" LTW have it anyway by excessive telescope use and selecting it early.

INFP or something
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 August 18, 06:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  But how do you know that LTW is really based on skilling?  Couldn't it just be that a sim with only 2 traits has way more LTW that the game could randomly select from?

btw, I asked Karl how he came up with the mapping on his page, and this is what he said.  It looks like he did explore it methodically.

@BobDob to determine what wishes came up with what trait, I made a Sim and gave him only 1 trait at a time. The ones that were always present were considered tied to the trait.

If a trait has fewer than five wishes associated with it, the remaining slots are filled with random lifetime wishes. Thus, if you have green thumb you'd get the following always:

Creature robot cross breeder, celebrated five star chef and the perfect garden. The last two would be completely random.

Look to the traits page to see my direct results using this method.

I have two theories with multiple traits, I need to test:

Theory 1: When we create a Sim with multiple traits, each trait slot will be connected to one of the lifetime wish slots. So, one of the wishes associated with the trait will appear randomly in that connected wish slot.

Theory 2: There is a list of possibilities with multiple traits and any of those possible wishes can come up based on the ties to the traits.

With five traits, I think real random variation goes out the window. If more than five wishes are associated with your trait choices, you'll always get one of those traits on random roll, rather than a completely unconnected wish.

Some traits have no wishes associated with them and are entirely random. ex. neurotic, clumsy, heavy sleeper.

So with only green thumb, and four quirky traits like I listed, we'd get three slots tied to green thumb and two completely unrelated random rolls.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 August 18, 18:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havn't done any solid testing, but it's always seemed to be related to what they're doing. Sims skilling logic tend to roll astronaut with the telescope; sims doing a lot of skilling tend to roll renaissance sim; sims skilling science-career-related skills tend to roll creature-robot crossbreeder; sims skilling fishing tend to roll perfect aquarium. Those are the main ones I've seen, but that's due to my particular family I'm playing emphasizing gardening, fishing, and (in later generations) logic.

INFP or something
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 August 20, 19:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surprised when one of my sim children from the Lobos family rolled the LTW to become a Renaissance Sim, she was one day away from aging up to a teen, but I was not aware that children could get a LTW.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 August 21, 06:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game children roll LTWs pretty often, depending on what they do.  In one family three kids went to see a concert at the arena and afterwards they all rolled the want to be a rock star. I thought that was pretty realistic. Grin

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 August 21, 10:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a child roll Astronaut, which was probably because of the telescope as mentioned above. Then again, he also had the Good trait which is meant to bring up law enforcement/military careers.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 August 22, 22:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can the OP maybe merge the list into the opening post and add the trait's internal names (found all over the awesomemod section, search for "addtrait")?

INFP or something
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: