More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:49:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Halp! I'm an idiot.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Halp! I'm an idiot.  (Read 11246 times)
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
Halp! I'm an idiot.
« on: 2009 June 03, 05:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In CAS, I stupidly saved an EAxis recolor (formal sportscoat) as custom content.  I tried removing the userPresets.package from the Documents folder; it deleted the EAxis recolor.  Anyone have an idea how to fix this, besides reinstalling the game?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Halp! I'm an idiot.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 03, 05:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to click on the preset/icon for whatever in CAS and delete it using a trashcan icon somewhere in the UI. Also, new thread, really?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 03, 05:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't know exactly where to put the question.

You should be able to click on the preset/icon for whatever in CAS and delete it using a trashcan icon somewhere in the UI.
But it's an EAxis recolor, not one I made.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 03, 05:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I said still stands - the trashcan icon will delete the extra color/mistakenly saved recolor for you. However, if you'd really like to reinstall over this, you can! Be sure to delete all of your saves and whatnot, that one mistake has probably infested the lot of it! Wink
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 03, 06:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't know exactly where to put the question.

You should be able to click on the preset/icon for whatever in CAS and delete it using a trashcan icon somewhere in the UI.
But it's an EAxis recolor, not one I made.

The game thinks that it's something you made. Listen to the Crunk type person.

Also, really? New thread for this?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 03, 22:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it.

Tongue  How do I move it into an existing thread?  And which one?

EDIT:  Didn't work.  It deleted the EAxis recolor completely from the game.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 23:16:39 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 04, 00:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it.

Tongue  How do I move it into an existing thread?  And which one?

EDIT:  Didn't work.  It deleted the EAxis recolor completely from the game.

You can't move it. A mod would need to.

And either we misunderstood exactly what it was you did, or it sounds like a bug if it deleted the EA one from the game when you tried to delete the custom copy you made of it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 04, 00:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of difficult to explain.  I clicked on an EAxis made recolor and stupidly clicked "Save as Custom Content."   The EAxis recolor then had a custom content icon on it; there was no duplicate made.  Does that make more sense?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 04, 00:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of difficult to explain.  I clicked on an EAxis made recolor and stupidly clicked "Save as Custom Content."   The EAxis recolor then had a custom content icon on it; there was no duplicate made.  Does that make more sense?

That does indeed and it sounds fucking retarded. Well, at least we now know how to get rid of the EA made presets. I'll poke around with that "feature" and see if I can figure out what the default files name is, and where it needs to be put in order to get the Ea made ones back.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 04, 01:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That does indeed and it sounds fucking retarded. Well, at least we now know how to get rid of the EA made presets. I'll poke around with that "feature" and see if I can figure out what the default files name is, and where it needs to be put in order to get the Ea made ones back.

I already reinstalled the game.  But that would be great, in case I make other fuck-ups. Grin

crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 04, 01:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind.

Reinstalling - isn't it grand? Thank god there aren't install limits on this, I've uninstalled twice already.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 04, 04:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstalling bites. Grin  And here's the worst part:  After reinstalling, CAS is still missing that same EAxis recolor!  Aarrrgh!!!

crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 04, 04:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you by chance back up the Electronic Arts folder from your Documents folder, and pop the whole thing back in? Either that, or! No Eaxis recolor for you!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 04, 04:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the design settings have to be located in the user files somewhere, otherwise you wouldn't be able to create more or delete them, if they learned anything from that Freetime sewing machine fiasco that is. So replacing the entire user folder with your first would not give you the original file back. The default should be in the program files. I'm just not sure what the file would be named.

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 04, 05:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't save my previous user folder, so I don't know what's going on.  I'm almost starting to think I imagined the whole thing. Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: