More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:20:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111803 times)
Manderin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #2075 on: 2009 June 03, 20:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this: Go into Edit Town mode and see if the kid is still a part of the household. If he is, grab someone random from the sim bin and move them in and then out again. This should reset the household and the kid should be standing by the mail box, with all opportunities/wishes gone and an empty inventory. It's a pain in ass but it's the only way I've found to retrieve missing sims.

Thank you so much. ♥ I moved the dad and kid out, then back in and he's back in the family. :D Since he was just a toddler, he had no inventory or wishes to lose, so it's really not that bad.
Interfection
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: 2009 June 03, 20:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While working up a list of mutually exclusive traits, I have learned a sim cannot be both Grumpy and Hot Headed.

What is this... this... UNHOLINESS?!

*head explodes*

That makes little to no sense.  Then again, it's probably an EA "safety feature" to keep people from creating sims that are impossible to please.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2077 on: 2009 June 03, 21:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "grumpy" trait is stupid.  The sim isn't grouchy, he or she just gets sad instead of angry.  Just use hotheaded instead, and use grumpy where you would use "pathetic" or "whiner".

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 2009 June 03, 21:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone seen the magician in action? I keep coming across him in town, but I've yet to see him do anything... magiciany. 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 2009 June 03, 21:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone seen the magician in action? I keep coming across him in town, but I've yet to see him do anything... magiciany. 

I also saw one; thought it was some kind of joke actually, but when I questioned him- I was looking for people to write up you see- he was all "I'm a magician! Whoosh!"

Of course he did not do anything either and when I finished my inquisition he took a taxi home. Rather disappointing.

Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: 2009 June 03, 21:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking maybe it's because she didn't know the neighbors well enough? I mean, I wasn't trying to have her eat out of their fridge, she just had to pee.

If you want to believe the Prima Guide, yes, you are correct.  According to the guide, you have to build up the relationship in order to use the bathroom at another Sim's home.  I have not tested this myself.

That's... incredibly stupid.  What, is the sim afraid that the not-acquainted-enough sim will steal all the TP?  Sure, maybe someone with the Evil trait would deny visitors potty privileges, but I can't believe that's standard.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 2009 June 03, 21:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's pretty standard in my house. If I hardly know you, you won't even make it through the front door - never mind the bathroom.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 2009 June 03, 21:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While working up a list of mutually exclusive traits, I have learned a sim cannot be both Grumpy and Hot Headed.

What is this... this... UNHOLINESS?!

*head explodes*

Yes, it's stupid. I can't even make my self Sim properly, because it would require both the Childish and the Hates Children trait, they cancel each other out. Since when does being playful mean that you like peoples' little crotch droppings?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
hooptytrib
Asinine Airhead

INTP. Delinquent LULZpayer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2083 on: 2009 June 03, 22:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "grumpy" trait is stupid.  The sim isn't grouchy, he or she just gets sad instead of angry.

Come to think of it, I had a grouchy sim with a whiny demeanor too.  I thought some other trait was causing it.  That stinks.  Roll Eyes

Mean-spirited has its charm, but what good is "see ghost of" without a ready cowplant?

Yes, it's stupid. I can't even make my self Sim properly, because it would require both the Childish and the Hates Children trait, they cancel each other out. Since when does being playful mean that you like peoples' little crotch droppings?

This too.  I was going to combine Hates Children with Family-Oriented, which was probably a wee bit optimistic.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 2009 June 03, 22:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My grumpy Sim always gets angry toward the end of her shift at work if I have her hanging with her co-workers.  I always wonder what someone's done to piss her off so badlly.  She also got really mad once when I made her get up in the night to feed one of the babies.  She's not whiny that I've noticed.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: 2009 June 04, 00:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my retail game, now. My experiences:

Bugs:
If you make a Sim a second outfit in the same category, the second overrides the first.

Annoyances:
What numbskull designed genetics? I was making a kid for two Sims in CAS, and most of the time the child seems to be a clone of either the mother or father (and it's really obvious because the dad was black and the mother was Asian). When I finally got one that seemed to have traits from both, he had hazel eyes even though they both have brown.

Why do families you aren't controlling age so quickly? I have "long" lifespan selected (for the very purpose of keeping families from aging too much while I'm not playing them), but when I got Dorie Hart pregnant, she had a baby ready to age up the next time I played the family, after being away for probably less than a sim day. Babies in long lifespan mode have 15 days, right? It's both fast and erratic, because the baby was ready to age up at the same time as the teenager Bebe, who had 8 days to go until young adult, but had not grown up. I hope this is a bug and not a feature.

This probably happened before I had turned off Story Progression mode in the beginning, but just as described throughout this thread, a single male Sim cloned a baby without my permission. Were some of the programmers retarded monkeys? Story Progression could be neat, but only for townies and other families I don't care about, and only when there are two Sims of the opposite sex present to create the babies.

Also:
It looks like same-sex marriage is still in the game. I got the option to propose marriage after making the Single Moms fall in love (which was ridiculously easy; there must have been some sexual tension there before I came along). There's also Gobias Koffi, a single male whose family description obviously suggests that he's gay. The description is a bit nebulous, but not enough to keep away the complaints of parents who want to preserve their delicate snowflakes' ignorance of the homos. I'll repeat what's probably being said a lot around the webs: The Sims 3 is much gayer than its predecessors.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: 2009 June 04, 01:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 3 is much gayer than its predecessors.

Which is one thing we can say is a step in the right direction, atleast. Although the MalePreg in game already is a little odd.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: 2009 June 04, 02:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, another slight annoyance: you can't copy/paste from The Sims 3 to another program and vice versa. I was going to save some hex color values in a text document to match the top and bottom of a bikini, but no luck. That might have been a temporary glitch, though, because I remember that happened on and off in The Sims 2.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 2009 June 04, 02:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, another slight annoyance: you can't copy/paste from The Sims 3 to another program and vice versa. I was going to save some hex color values in a text document to match the top and bottom of a bikini, but no luck. That might have been a temporary glitch, though, because I remember that happened on and off in The Sims 2.

Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V doesn't work?
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: 2009 June 04, 02:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V doesn't work?

Nope, that's what I tried. Does it work for everyone else? It could just be an intermittent glitch like it was in TS2.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: 2009 June 04, 02:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, that's what I tried. Does it work for everyone else? It could just be an intermittent glitch like it was in TS2.

Nah, it doesn't work for me either.  I went in and tried, hadn't done so before.  Sucky.
Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 2009 June 04, 03:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, it doesn't work for me either.  I went in and tried, hadn't done so before.  Sucky.

It didn't work for me in the arrred version or in the official version.  It seems strange.  Wouldn't it make sense for people to want to type up their sims' biographies in a text document and paste them in, or copy a cheat code from a website into the game?  Everything seems to have copy-paste functionality now, but EAxis removes functions, of course. 
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: 2009 June 04, 03:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if any mod could be made to force it to use the system clipboard.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: 2009 June 04, 03:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why save the hex? You can just grab the swatch and drop it onto the article of clothing that you want it to match. When an pattern has multiple color options for that one pattern, you can even grab the little colored circle and drop it onto something else.

Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 2009 June 04, 03:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if any mod could be made to force it to use the system clipboard.

You'd be able to use an 'alternative' clipboard, and set the copy and paste keys to something different. Can't give any examples of programs, but I have used them in the past. Also not sure if it would work within a Direct X window, but it's certainly worth a shot if copy paste is important. Personally I don't mind - I have an iPhone so I'm used to it. Roll Eyes
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: 2009 June 04, 03:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 3 team is taking bug reports. I think I'll point out the multiple outfit glitch, the erratic aging, and the slow, slow third speed mode. Maybe also the horrible genetics and Story Mode, but I doubt those would be considered buggy to them.

...we hope you never need to use this address...

They have a bit too much confidence in themselves.
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 2009 June 04, 05:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still going through the topic, but I haven't seen this mentioned yet. After sticking a "Hates Nature" sim in a basement, it seems that basements have an inherent 'outsideness', because he got the negative moodlet they pick up while outside.

I'm guessing that if I enclosed the area in walls, it wouldn't be 'outside' anymore, but that's just an asinine waste of space. I guess his hippie sister gets the basement.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 2009 June 04, 05:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still going through the topic, but I haven't seen this mentioned yet. After sticking a "Hates Nature" sim in a basement, it seems that basements have an inherent 'outsideness', because he got the negative moodlet they pick up while outside.

I'm guessing that if I enclosed the area in walls, it wouldn't be 'outside' anymore, but that's just an asinine waste of space. I guess his hippie sister gets the basement.

Well, in that same vein of being asinine. EA didn't program a way for sims to tell the difference between a normal room and a conservatory like room. The Goth family get a negative moodlet for an "unfinished" room when they are playing chess in their conservatory. How hard would it have really been to add a check for "outside garden plants" in an "unfinished room"?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: 2009 June 04, 05:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Early on I had an outside loving sim who got the mood bonus everytime she went to bed - turns out I had forgotten to extend the roof when I extended the house.

As to the Goths, yes. I ended up moving the chess set because that room was such a downer.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: 2009 June 04, 06:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that there is a public store version, this thread is over.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: