More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:40:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The music, it must die!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The music, it must die!  (Read 14376 times)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
The music, it must die!
« on: 2009 June 02, 23:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game all installed and stuff I went into options to do the deal I've always done; Turn off all the music in build, buy and CAS modes. However there is no option to turn it off!

I am non-awesome. I searched for music on here and found nothing. What files do I have to delete to make the music stop for everything but the stereo?

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The music, it must die!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 02, 23:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like the music . . .  Sounds like Röyksopp's new album to me.  :^)  It's one of the few things I actually do like about TS3.  Stupid they didn't give an option to turn it off.  I must have missed that.
kitgyrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 02, 23:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will anxiously await a response to your question because the music makes me want to plug my ears with something sharp.

There is a thread here about custom music though. I haven't looked....can you tweak it so that only certain songs play like in S2?
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 02, 23:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the soundtrack. Smiley

I know people were complaining here about custom music with the leak version but I just saw someone on LJ who had the legal version talking about dropping music into the "Custom" folder and listening to it in the game.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 02, 23:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the soundtrack. Smiley

I know people were complaining here about custom music with the leak version but I just saw someone on LJ who had the legal version talking about dropping music into the "Custom" folder and listening to it in the game.

The only complaints I saw about custom music is the fact that you can no longer sort them into your own radio stations, or even add them to existing stations.  Instead they all get lumped into a "Custom Music" station.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 03, 02:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you'll get lucky and your game will drop all that EAxis music, just like what happened in my 'hood.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 03, 03:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a way to mute ALL music. Which is what I do and then when I want to hear the music in my sims houses or when they are playing the guitar I un check the box. As far as I know there isn't another way to do this. If someone else knows please feel free to correct me.

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 03, 13:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no sound at all in my game.  I don't know how or why.  I guess I should feel lucky.

ISFJ
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 03, 14:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be an issue where the music suddenly stops playing for no reason . . .  I had this happen and did what someone on another forum recommended and it helped for a little while and then it stopped working again.  It may have something to do with the "Mute on Defocus" option, but I'm not sure entirely.

*Edit:  Oddly enough, after it stopped this time, I went and turned off "Mute on Defocus" and after about 20 seconds it came back on . . . 
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 03, 15:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me, the build/buy music because I am trying to concentrate on what I'm selecting.

Also, neighbourhood view music must go.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 03, 15:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like the music . . .  Sounds like Röyksopp's new album to me.  :^)  It's one of the few things I actually do like about TS3.  Stupid they didn't give an option to turn it off.  I must have missed that.

I just had to comment on this.
I didn't find any similarities to Royksopp, but one of those that play in build/buy reminds me of Sweeney Thodd!!!

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 03, 18:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It annoys me, the build/buy music because I am trying to concentrate on what I'm selecting.

Also, neighbourhood view music must go.

If everything fails, try turning off your speakers.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 03, 19:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to comment on this.
I didn't find any similarities to Royksopp, but one of those that play in build/buy reminds me of Sweeney Thodd!!!

X^D  It's only one song in CAS that reminded me of a song on Röyksopp's new album.  I'd have to go find out which one.

Which song reminded you of Sweeney Todd???  I love Sweeney Todd's soundtrack.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 03, 19:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know which one, but I'll try to find out!

Edit: Found it! It's not the full "song", but parts of it. In the "buy mode", it's called "striking similarities". There are little moments that remind me of Sweeney Thodd. Not the full song, but just little parts of it. I just don't really pay attention to any music playing in the background of the game, but this makes me jump everytime thinking "I've heard that somewhere before!" and then I realized it reminds me of Sweeney.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 22:15:40 by Fikcija » Logged

Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 03, 23:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the CAS music in Sims 2 sounds like it has snippets from something else in it actually . . .  Whether it be old Sim music or something else.

Amazing Facsimilie's beginning kinda sounds like a U2 song, too.

I wonder why you can't preview your custom music though?  That's kind of annoying.

I always liked the music they came up with the Sims games.  Not necessarily the theme music but the other music.  I discovered Lemon Jelly through Sims 2 and haven't looked back.  They're one of my favorite electronica duos.

But I dunno, the new CAS music definitely reminds me of Röyksopp's newest album for some reason.  But he definitely got his inspiration from a lot of different sources, this Steve Jablonsky person.  Verisimilitude is the one that most reminds me of the sound from Junior, maybe not a specific song per sae.

I haven't listened to the Build/Buy music much yet, but I like the CAS music and the new theme though I could do without the "Hallelulujah" the voices seem to be chanting.  No, Sims 3 is definitely not heaven sent.  :^P

Also, is there a reason why you keep writing "Thodd" instead of "Todd", Fikcija?  Just sayin'.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 04, 00:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, is there a reason why you keep writing "Thodd" instead of "Todd", Fikcija?  Just sayin'.

Sure. I'm a blond. English is not even my second, but third language. And all this results in "I don't know how to spell it correctly". And "I'm a blond" adds to the fact I didn't notice how you spelled it in your post. Enough of reasons? I don't know though. In lithuanian it's "Svynis Todas", so I have no idea how the "h" got there.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 04, 10:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to know how to turn off or down the Build, buy and hood music myself. Although I like some of the music, which reminds me of a Tim Burton soundtrack as well, all upbeat and creepy, I tend to play while the boy is asleep and do not wish to disturb his sleep. I would like to keep the sound effects and voices on low, those are adjustable, but apparently the build, buy and hood music just completely ignore any settings I try. Yes I could use headphones, but the truth is I have horrible ADD and listen to audio books with only one earbud in an ear while playing my games, I can't find any other headphones. Anyway, I would look as if I were some kind of living attachment to my electronics.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 05, 08:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like the Sims 3 soundtrack. It's a lot better than the horrid bizarre techno dance stuff from TS2.
firerayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 05, 11:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just turn down my speaker volume lol Cheesy
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 05, 20:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heartily wish a mod would just delete this thread - I have gotten nothing useful from it and now regret ever posting.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 06, 03:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the music too! It's very catchy. The sound I don't like is the female voices. I'd rather listen to Fran Drescher than those annoying voices.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 06, 03:16:16 by Scotty » Logged

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 06, 16:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the acoustic guitar music whilst skilling up on guitar points is amazing, I was impressed.

No menu music but instruments and stereos on  is my preferred configuration.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: