More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:45:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706930 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #325 on: 2013 February 04, 13:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, it didn't need a translation. Anyone who couldn't understand it was incapable of providing it anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2013 February 04, 23:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just getting a chuckle out of the possibility that you simply refused to host an Evil Mac in your home.

Even if it were a gift.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2013 February 21, 16:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's less a refusal to own one due to some belief that an inert piece of hardware is "evil" than it is a simple unwillingness to pay a premium merely for pretentiousness. They're physically the same hardware. If you can find me a place where I can get a Mac cheaper than I can get a PC of comparable specs, then I shall consider getting one the next time I acquire a new computer. Otherwise, I am simply unwilling to pay extra for a pretentious plastic logo.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2013 February 21, 19:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Otherwise, I am simply unwilling to pay extra for a pretentious plastic logo.

While also loosing the ability to upgrade or repair it yourself.
For a tinkerer like me, *that* is what make them evil.
Marie Antoinette
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2013 April 29, 20:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded this but I can't get my simfiles apart from some nor packages into the game? The launcher informs me every time I open it and download them that they've been successfully added into the game but they're not there. After I go to launcher again, it shows them as not installed. So, how do I get my downloads back into the game?
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2013 April 30, 02:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded this but I can't get my simfiles apart from some nor packages into the game?

...What?

Download files, decrapify them as instructed in the first post, then install.
Marie Antoinette
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2013 April 30, 08:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant was that I have downloaded the sim3 files ages ago, and they've worked in a game before. Now that I've decrapified all of them and installed, only couple actually came to game, some even refused to be installed. The rest told me that they'd been installed to the game but they didn't show up. And none of the packages came back to the game.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2013 April 30, 17:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your downloads don't work, then let your sims eat cake!

Anyway, if as you say your downloads worked previously, why decrap?  Did you happen to keep a backup of your downloads prior to decrapifying?  If so, try installing those originals instead. If that works, you can blame the decrapifier.  If not, the problem exists elsewhere.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
nobleman
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2013 June 04, 22:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done just about everything. The Renaissance Faire still has treadmills instead of archery.  Angry I have all the fixes in my mods folder and the ccmerged in my DCBackups folder. Waaaat gives.
uyjulian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2015 January 31, 23:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there source code? I was going to compile it myself for FreeBSD 64-bit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2015 February 01, 06:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could try to find all the pieces, but given that it is wired together out of the pieces of 4 different unrelated projects symlinked across different computers, some of which no longer exist, something will probably be missing, and all of it is completely illegible unless you really enjoy code written as an exercise in being horrible. You sure you want it?

Actually, I'm not sure I can find all of it. Some of that was part of the PMBD servers, which definitely aren't around anymore and have been archived in some giant tgz file that is impractical to open as there is not enough space on anything but a replacement server to unpack it.

uyjulian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2015 February 01, 16:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could try to find all the pieces, but given that it is wired together out of the pieces of 4 different unrelated projects symlinked across different computers, some of which no longer exist, something will probably be missing, and all of it is completely illegible unless you really enjoy code written as an exercise in being horrible. You sure you want it?

Actually, I'm not sure I can find all of it. Some of that was part of the PMBD servers, which definitely aren't around anymore and have been archived in some giant tgz file that is impractical to open as there is not enough space on anything but a replacement server to unpack it.

Yeah, I'm fine with horrible/incomplete source code.
Also, you don't need to extract entire archives, you could do this:
List the contents and find the file you want:
tar -ztvf file.tar.gz
Now extract that file:
tar -zxvf file.tar.gz nameoffileintargz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2015 February 03, 23:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. That works? I'll take a look and see if I can find the relevant files, then.

uyjulian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2015 February 16, 16:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any status on that?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2015 February 21, 19:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you're still around. I thought you might have died. Yeah, I'll get it for you.

Enjoy. Or not. I did warn you it was horrible. But it compiles.
« Last Edit: 2015 February 21, 19:41:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

uyjulian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2015 March 09, 10:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.
uyjulian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2015 March 09, 11:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, that code is real ugly, you should be in the International Obfuscated C Code Contest :-)
But I ran that code through clang-format, and all is fine, except for the escape-coded strings, lol
« Last Edit: 2015 March 09, 11:29:34 by uyjulian » Logged
Adamo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2015 March 09, 20:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This code is remarkably readable. Not sure this is worthy of the label "exercise in horribleness." You could do better, Pescado. Why are there line breaks, for example?
uyjulian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2015 March 10, 09:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go, cleaned up code...
https://gist.github.com/uyjulian/bd24b98a4c97b775c9ab
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2015 March 10, 11:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, it was fine the way it was.

Ibce
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2015 July 31, 00:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.
It's been a while since I played the sims, I've got a problem decrapping store content...
I throw the s3pack into the s3rc.exe and get the message that it couldn't open the s3pack as writable.
Is this a known issue? I couldn't google up anything useful with that message.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2015 July 31, 00:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is that mine still works fine. Try another .sims3pack or re-download the recompressor.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2015 August 01, 03:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't open as writable means that something was preventing the program from writing the output data, probably file permissions or failure to close something that had the file open.

spauldo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2015 December 14, 07:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug report:

I've got a 1.3GB TravelDB.package file from a non-awesome save.  I'm running s3rc from the command line with no arguments.

It segfaults with no other message after a minute or so.  It does the same with -r, as well as -s.  It works with -fD.

When run from cmd instead of bash, I get "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in s3rd.exe [4920]" and a prompt to debug in Visual Studio.  Attempting to debug fails, with "not enough storage is available."  I'm assuming it's running out of memory, but I don't do Windows so I don't know what that looks like on here.  I'd try to compile it with 64 bit support, but again, I don't do Windows and my last attempt at trying to do something like that ended in a broken executable, a headache, and a few hours of my life I'll never get back.

The file does not change (tested with cmp from cygwin).

I opened file file with s3pe and it's apparently mostly images, with some UNKN and SIME tags in there as well.

Not a huge deal, as I'm going to be starting a new Sims 3 tree for playing with AM, but figured I'd pass it along.

s3pe opens the file just fine.  Any way to shrink/compress the file using that or some other tool?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2015 December 18, 12:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running out of memory seems like a likely problem, given that your thing is 1.3 GB, and would inflate even more uncompressed. How the fuck did you get it to be that enormous?

And yes, the file won't change because it never gets to the part where it writes out a temp file to overwrite the old one with. At this point the most drastic thing I could suggest is simply burninating the entire file with fire. Because honestly, I'm not sure what it really does, anyway. Just be sure you back things up before trying this to see if anything explodes.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: