More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:40:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706960 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #300 on: 2012 August 29, 17:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When in package form the female outfit work just fine, when decrapped the link to the LOD1 mesh gets broken and the links to the morphs do as well. I personally couldn't figure out why the morph links were broken, they looked fine to me in every reference to them. Changing the reference to the LOD1 mesh in the VPXY file and replacing the decrapped morph VPXYs with non-decrapped fixes everything.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.msg588424.html#msg588424

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2012 August 30, 14:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's just that one specific outfit?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2012 August 30, 14:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's just that one specific outfit?

Yes.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2012 September 01, 11:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arright, I'll add it to my increasingly lengthy list of shit I have to look at, after I resolve this patch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TeMochkiN
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2012 October 02, 15:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello! Sorry for stupid question, but where can I look all command line parameters for decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe?

Sorry for my English Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2012 October 07, 07:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

decrapify has no arguments, it's just a wrapper that allows you to drag and drop to s3rc. To see what arguments s3rc can process, just type it in without supplying any arguments, as is the standard convention for command line programs. Note that my programs do not have parameters. They have ARGUMENTS. And they ALWAYS WIN THEM!

AnjouHorchens
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2012 October 29, 07:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To contribute something maybe useful for Windows users:

Code:
for /R %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause
Save this with an text-editor (Start > Run > "notepad" > OK, f.e.) to s3rcBatch.cmd
The file icon has now (depending on your Windows-Version) something like cogwheels.

If you copy this file f.e. in your Save-Folder TOGETHER with the s3rc.exe, and double-click on it, it decrapifies all .sims3pack, .package, .nhd, .sim, .dbc in every subdirectory (i.e. save-game) it can find.

There's an easier way to do it than the above, just save the file as s3rcBatch.cmd and change the type of files from .txt to all, it  will automaticaly add the cog wheels. Also you can Batch about 90 files at once this way. My 2 cents. Going back to Lurk Moar.    Cool
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2012 December 19, 14:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what flag causes the game to show a item as a store item in the catalog? I have this issue where anything decrapped prior to Ambitions is showing the CC icon vs the store icon. Said items are also being replaced by base game items if they are used in a lot despite decrapping the lot where as items showing the store icon do not. I noted the version at the top of the OBJD is 0x00000015 vs 0x00000016 on newer items that work as expected. I tried manually changing this but it made no difference. The second version noted is 0x0000000C on items that work and those that do not. I attempted to note any other flags in the OBJD that seemed to be the store flag and found nothing. I even attempted to re-decrap these older packages which changed the group from 0x01 to 0x00 and no dice. I'd like to manually fix these items vs hunting the Sims3packs to reinstall them. Halp?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2012 December 19, 16:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what flag causes the game to show a item as a store item in the catalog? I have this issue where anything decrapped prior to Ambitions is showing the CC icon vs the store icon. Said items are also being replaced by base game items if they are used in a lot despite decrapping the lot where as items showing the store icon do not. I noted the version at the top of the OBJD is 0x00000015 vs 0x00000016 on newer items that work as expected. I tried manually changing this but it made no difference. The second version noted is 0x0000000C on items that work and those that do not. I attempted to note any other flags in the OBJD that seemed to be the store flag and found nothing. I even attempted to re-decrap these older packages which changed the group from 0x01 to 0x00 and no dice. I'd like to manually fix these items vs hunting the Sims3packs to reinstall them. Halp?

How are you installing these? When's the last time you re-downloaded s3rc? Those version numbers in the OBJDs refer to the version of the OBJD, 0x00000016 and 0x0000000C are updated for snow and whatnot. I just learned that one. In gerneral if you install them via the launcher they should all show up as store content, packages will show up as CC. As far as I know there's no way around that. You could try changing the .package extension to .dbc and place them in you DCCache folder?

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2012 December 20, 08:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are you installing these? When's the last time you re-downloaded s3rc? Those version numbers in the OBJDs refer to the version of the OBJD, 0x00000016 and 0x0000000C are updated for snow and whatnot. I just learned that one. In gerneral if you install them via the launcher they should all show up as store content, packages will show up as CC. As far as I know there's no way around that. You could try changing the .package extension to .dbc and place them in you DCCache folder?

S3RC is the most recent. The items giving me grief were installed via the launcher years ago. It's any item prior to and including Barnacle Bay that has the issue and they all refer to the 0x00000015 OBJD. With the Ambitions patch these items vanished from my game and the only way I could get them back is to setup my resource file to read DBC files from my package folder and move them there. I still installed newer items via the launcher and they showed up fine so anything after Barnacle Bay is in the DDCache folder and works as expected. I have them in my packages folder now as DBC's but if I drag them back to the DDCache folder, they show in the catalog as blank thumbnails with no store or CC icon and I cannot use the items. What is extra weird is there's a few items after Barnacle Bay in the last DBC with these broken items and they show the store icon and function regardless of what folder I stick them in. I don't think it's the DBCs that are broken. I just can't figure out what the difference is.

Update: Re-decrapping them and putting them back in the DDCache folder now results in them entirely vanishing from the catalog again, no more blank thumbnails.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 20, 11:19:04 by Chain_Reaction » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2012 December 20, 15:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

S3RC is the most recent. The items giving me grief were installed via the launcher years ago. It's any item prior to and including Barnacle Bay that has the issue and they all refer to the 0x00000015 OBJD. With the Ambitions patch these items vanished from my game and the only way I could get them back is to setup my resource file to read DBC files from my package folder and move them there. I still installed newer items via the launcher and they showed up fine so anything after Barnacle Bay is in the DDCache folder and works as expected. I have them in my packages folder now as DBC's but if I drag them back to the DDCache folder, they show in the catalog as blank thumbnails with no store or CC icon and I cannot use the items. What is extra weird is there's a few items after Barnacle Bay in the last DBC with these broken items and they show the store icon and function regardless of what folder I stick them in. I don't think it's the DBCs that are broken. I just can't figure out what the difference is.

Update: Re-decrapping them and putting them back in the DDCache folder now results in them entirely vanishing from the catalog again, no more blank thumbnails.

Could it be these are items you had installed before we had to decrap stuff? I know it sucks but you might just be better off reinstalling everything, I just spent the other night doing this. #stupidgreenhouse

Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2012 December 21, 07:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be these are items you had installed before we had to decrap stuff? I know it sucks but you might just be better off reinstalling everything, I just spent the other night doing this. #stupidgreenhouse

I can't recall. Were we able to install store crap without decrapping when the store first started? If so, that's probably the issue. And it seems decrapping the DBC's doesn't fix anything. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and reinstall anything dated prior to the Barnacle Bay release date. Thanks for your replies.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2012 December 21, 13:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't recall. Were we able to install store crap without decrapping when the store first started?

Yeah, when the TS3 store first opened, it all installed normally, whether you had technically paid for it or not.  Then EA realized their technical error, and everyone woke up one day to find all their store stuff missing from the game.  Roughly half a day later, the Sims community had already figured out three ways around the store's protection safeguards, chronicling their learnings here.  Then an absolute BLIZZARD of snowflakes all started posting, "ERMAGERD WHUR MAH STOER STUFS??!?" at the same time without bothering to search first, and the instructions were buried like Pompeii -- a trend that continues to this day, as the instructions for decrapping have been spelled out in several different threads created for the purpose of eliminating the questions of storetards only to fail miserably.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
dburk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2013 January 06, 04:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm having a problem with the Recompressor and Decrapify tools. I extracted them fine, but whenever I open them they immediately close without letting me do anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2013 January 06, 04:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. You don't understand how the tool you are trying to use works. You are describing standard, expected behaviour.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: 2013 January 06, 06:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't recall. Were we able to install store crap without decrapping when the store first started?

Yeah, when the TS3 store first opened, it all installed normally, whether you had technically paid for it or not.  Then EA realized their technical error, and everyone woke up one day to find all their store stuff missing from the game.  Roughly half a day later, the Sims community had already figured out three ways around the store's protection safeguards, chronicling their learnings here.  Then an absolute BLIZZARD of snowflakes all started posting, "ERMAGERD WHUR MAH STOER STUFS??!?" at the same time without bothering to search first, and the instructions were buried like Pompeii -- a trend that continues to this day, as the instructions for decrapping have been spelled out in several different threads created for the purpose of eliminating the questions of storetards only to fail miserably.

I don't suppose the actual date for the Dawn of Decrapification is recorded someplace un-buried?  *Eyes own archived store files dubiously*

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2013 January 06, 13:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lordy, it was yonks ago.  It was an early patch that targeted ARRed store stuff.  I want to say it was right after WA, but I'm not sure.  I do know that trickleonthebum -- née tickleonthetum -- was one of the enablers who posted one of the myriad buried store threads, so try looking through its posts to narrow it down.

We probably should have stickied a store thread, but it's oddly satisfying to spork people.  Maybe we could add store instructions to the FAQ No One Reads.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2013 January 06, 19:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we could add store instructions to the FAQ No One Reads.

Excellent notion, and yet another reason to spork.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
kairedfern
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2013 January 31, 22:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any news on the mac version of the decrapifier?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2013 January 31, 22:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think anyone has mailled Pescado a Mac yet.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2013 February 01, 02:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one has volunteered to give me shell on a Mac to try to build a Mac version. So no.

BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2013 February 01, 16:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one has volunteered to give me shell on a Mac to try to build a Mac version. So no.

Translated?

I'd be willing to work on a Mac remotely, but I refuse to own or otherwise give desk space in my home to a Mac.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2013 February 01, 21:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Translated?

I'd be willing to work on a Mac remotely, but I refuse to own or otherwise give desk space in my home to a Mac.

Translation? How stupid are you?

Pescado needs a shell on a Mac. He can ssh in and compile the decrapper and shit on the mac and make sure it runs correctly on that platform.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2013 February 02, 13:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Translated?

Pescado needs a shell on a Mac. He can ssh in and compile the decrapper and shit on the mac and make sure it runs correctly on that platform.

That's what he was saying, Jessllama.  He just forgot to put his second sentence in quotes to show that it was the "translation."

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2013 February 02, 13:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Translated?

That's what he was saying, Jessllama.  He just forgot to put his second sentence in quotes to show that it was the "translation."

Dur. I thought he was asking for a translation. Homeschool moment! My most sincere apologies.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: