More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:20:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706970 times)
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #175 on: 2010 July 03, 14:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case you don't follow The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here thread, here's a couple quotes about s3rc's issue with fences;

Decrapfiying is still a bit wonky with fences--it misses changing one file and the result is that the affected fences just don't show up even though they are installed. Put this in Mods\Packages and you should see it.

I just checked and only half of the fences installed correctly.  All Sims3Packs were decrapified with "s3rc.exe -fD" using the newest s3rc.  The fences that don't work are Manor Fence and Off-Fence from the Hewnsman set, Protective Fence from the Ultra Lounge Comfort set (the Division Fence from the same set works), and the Festive Fencing from the Romanza Ceremony set.  There are other items from those sets in the game, so the sets are installed.
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010 July 03, 14:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some items i installed via launcher and some hairs i combined using s3pe doesn't show in-game so i would like to try decrapifying. i would just like to ask if its possible to decrapify a .dcb file and a combined package file made by s3pe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2010 July 03, 17:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case you don't follow The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here thread, here's a couple quotes about s3rc's issue with fences;
There, I fixed it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2010 July 03, 19:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently found one other issue with decrapifying. It only seems to happen with the Storybook island counter. Either the EndW or EndE counter part is freezing the game upon attempting to edit it in CAST. In the below pic, the leftmost one is fine, the corner part is fine, but trying to modify the arrowed one causes it to load endlessly. Searching showed someone else mentioning the same problem in May.

Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2010 July 03, 19:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, I fixed it.
Damn, that was fast.  I tested it and the four missing fences showed up properly.

I recently found one other issue with decrapifying. It only seems to happen with the Storybook island counter. Either the EndW or EndE counter part is freezing the game upon attempting to edit it in CAST. In the below pic, the leftmost one is fine, the corner part is fine, but trying to modify the arrowed one causes it to load endlessly. Searching showed someone else mentioning the same problem in May.
I tested Shoppe Counter Island from the Storybook set and it behaved exactly as you described.  I let it sit for about 15 minutes and CAST never loaded, while the other parts loaded in seconds.  The set was decrapified with the s3rc released today.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010 July 04, 06:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An extensive examination of the file does not reveal any apparently missing dangling references remaining. If you can spot one that I can't, let me know, because I can't find why this happens with this one counter and not any others.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2010 July 06, 20:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some items i installed via launcher and some hairs i combined using s3pe doesn't show in-game so i would like to try decrapifying. i would just like to ask if its possible to decrapify a .dcb file and a combined package file made by s3pe.

Yes it's possible to decrapify both .dbc and merged packages.
The newer versions of Jfade's tool support .dbc --click at the top "Choose file types" and select the types you would like to include.
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010 July 06, 21:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it's possible to decrapify both .dbc and merged packages.
The newer versions of Jfade's tool support .dbc --click at the top "Choose file types" and select the types you would like to include.

oh thank god you replied, yeah i just noticed that when i was messing around. problem is what is all about the thing when you start to decrapify a .dbc you need to decrapify everything. i just don't get it. sorry my game is kinda borked already and i want to be safe about this.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010 July 08, 06:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh thank god you replied, yeah i just noticed that when i was messing around. problem is what is all about the thing when you start to decrapify a .dbc you need to decrapify everything. i just don't get it. sorry my game is kinda borked already and i want to be safe about this.

By decrapify everything, they mean save files. When you decrapify the store files, it changes them a bit, you need to decrapify your saves so that the items you were using in your game matches. Basically.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2010 July 11, 09:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry for the stupid question but where exactly does the recompressor save the new package-file after using the tool? i honestly cant find it :/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010 July 11, 09:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over the original. It's an in-place operation.

Coney
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2010 July 20, 04:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would someone care to explain to me, in brief, what this tool is used for?

Things you might want to include in your answer:
Scenarios: Symptom + process + result
Basic run command usage
Most commonly used for...
+anything else you deem relevant  Wink

Keep in mind, I don't need in depth explanations for the coolest features, I would like a simple 1-2 paragraph explanation of where this tool gets used the most and the process(es) involved in using it most effectively.
Thank you
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010 July 20, 11:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, do the corner counter recolor issue has been fixed? I still can't recolor my corner ones even I redecrapify my save game and the packages using the latest s3rc I just download.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2010 July 20, 14:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would someone care to explain to me, in brief, what this tool is used for?
It's an Early Warning System to help us spot people who are too lazy or entitled to SEARCH MOAR and READ MOAR.

Congratulations.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010 July 22, 09:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Edit. Since his little tantrum mysteriously vanished in the time I typed this, here is it thanks to the back button:

Quote from: Coney
Sorry that I fucking hate sifting through your petty and childish posts that are near impossible to truly understand because you constantly use childish slang and retarded humor in every sentence. Maybe if you read your own god damned posts aloud before posting them you would understand that no human being above the age of 12 can understand a damn thing you're talking about because every other fucking word is some fucking idiotic homonym or some retarded substitution for a word from an actual dictionary. Sorry about the run on sentence, but you honestly need to tone down the dumbass-ness of your posts. Just fucking answer the question and move on assface. Get over yourself.

@Coney. The information exists. It is up to you to find it, read it and comprehend it. You aren't sitting on a board of directors of Sims 3 file tools so no one is going to give you some neat little concise summary complete with a Powerpoint presentation that includes bulletpoints, charts, and examples of real world applications with pictures.

To you I say:

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010 July 22, 14:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused.  That rant was somehow supposed to prove he wasn't being entitled?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010 July 28, 13:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just realized that half the lots I decrapified have lost their names and info. Is it normal? Is there something I can do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2010 July 28, 14:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't say I've encountered anything like that before.

Spacemouse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2010 August 11, 06:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, do the corner counter recolor issue has been fixed? I still can't recolor my corner ones even I redecrapify my save game and the packages using the latest s3rc I just download.

It doesn't seem to be fixed yet. I recently created new .dbc files with the latest versions of s3rc and s3pe.
The Ultra Lounge corner counter still can't be recolored. Or am I doing something wrong?
I assume EA simply messed up the object and recoloring this counter just isn't possible, even if you would spend your simpoints to buy this object.

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2010 August 12, 22:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trialing decrapify the last couple days. Decided to decrapify all my content (owned or otherwise) and I installed all store stuff via the launcher and CC via merged .package. Decrapified saves, lots, sims, the lot. The only issue I've got is for some reason whenever I now try to place a garage door or bike rack from store sets, the game locks up. Sometimes I get to place one or two, but eventually it will lock. So far these items are the only items I've found to do this, and they were not doing it before I decided to go with decrapify. In case there was an issue with the sims3pack, I tried re-decrapifying the backup, then reinstalling all sims3packs to a fresh dbc. Still the same.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2010 August 13, 00:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't reproduce this problem, works fine for me.

Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2010 August 14, 15:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can reproduce this very, very inconsistently. Initial placement always works fine for me, it's grabbing them with the hand tool afterward that's the issue. Sometimes grabbing any of the three racks or the garage door will lock up the game. Sometimes it's only one. Sometimes they all work fine. The only thing that is consistent is that when it freezes, it keeps freezing under the exact same conditions (e.g. only when I try to pick up one specific rack) until I either shuffle things around in my Mods folder or delete the cache files. That seems to reset whichever one (if any) is locking up the game. I haven't had it happen yet in an AM-only test, but adding my mods back in bit by bit until it's the same setup where I previously had a freeze always results in no freeze or a different freeze. Bizarre.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2010 August 14, 22:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can reproduce this very, very inconsistently. Initial placement always works fine for me, it's grabbing them with the hand tool afterward that's the issue. Sometimes grabbing any of the three racks or the garage door will lock up the game. Sometimes it's only one. Sometimes they all work fine. The only thing that is consistent is that when it freezes, it keeps freezing under the exact same conditions (e.g. only when I try to pick up one specific rack) until I either shuffle things around in my Mods folder or delete the cache files. That seems to reset whichever one (if any) is locking up the game. I haven't had it happen yet in an AM-only test, but adding my mods back in bit by bit until it's the same setup where I previously had a freeze always results in no freeze or a different freeze. Bizarre.

I had this issue, whenever I tried to grab the rack/lockers, the game would freeze.  All other objects were fine, but everytime I tried to do something with the racks/lockers in the Fire Station, forget it.  I eventually identified the problem.  It wasn't a bad mod, but was some CC that was causing problems.  I removed the problem CC and everything has been fine since.  The CC was some kitchen clutter stuff, worked perfectly before Ambitions (or the patch) but became problematic after that and had to be removed.

Apart from checking your mods, try checking the CC too, something might have gone bad.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2010 August 15, 00:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CC was some kitchen clutter stuff, worked perfectly before Ambitions (or the patch) but became problematic after that and had to be removed.

What kitchen clutter stuff? So I can see if I have it.

I found some CC that was causing freezing, but it seemed unrelated and didnt fix the garage door or racks. The watering can and tv remote by lemoncandy from MTS was freezing the game when generating the thumbnail for these objects in the misc category (I had cleared all caches in troubleshooting). However, both these objects were working fine before I decrapified everything, as I had been using them for months without issue. I had also used the items before I cleared the thumbnail generation without hassle and some of these objects that were already in game were not causing freezing when moving them. As for the bike racks and garage doors, the problem doesn't seem to be  object placement, but related to thumbnails, as sometimes all I need to do is highlight the object in the catalogue for the game to lock.

« Last Edit: 2010 August 15, 00:24:19 by Anach » Logged

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2010 August 15, 06:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think I may have found the last of the conflicting files. AM edits the parking spaces to make them invisible in live mode. If you are using the new recategorizer, this will edit the OBJD of the parking spaces. I have removed those two OBJD items from the recategorized_0.package and so far so good. However, it is very odd that the garage door and bike racks were also causing game hangs when these two OBJDs were installed. Also keep in mind there are still those two lemoncandy clutter mods which thumbnails break when decrapified, and probably other mods which also break once decrapified.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: