More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:22:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 709050 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #150 on: 2010 April 23, 16:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, I have a CAW world that currently uses some of the Store DBC files found on this site.  I am only using a few sets for when I upload, but that doesn't really matter.

I recently decided to decrapify my CC and saves.  

Before I load up the world, to work on  it, I would like to know if I should decrapify it as well.

Edit: Well I found out I do in fact have to, but it is impossible to.  So I have to replace all my CC objects, which have reverted to basegame objects, manually.  I'm a little pissed, but I didn't use much CC to begin with anyways.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 23, 20:27:11 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010 April 23, 20:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the offending travelDB file and I will take a look.
Unfortunately, more than one TravelDB file is causing s3rc to throw the error, and all of the offending files are from different saves of the same neighborhood--the TravelDB files from my Sunset Valley and Riverview saves are perfectly fine, and also much smaller (~1.5MB vs 4.6MB for the Fargo saves). Fargo is the only neighborhood I've been playing for many weeks now, so I will load another savegame the next time I play and see if this problem spreads. I fervently hope that Fargo is not FUBAR.

All of the other package files ending with "DB" (like France_0x0859db50ExportDB) are decrapifying normally.

I've uploaded a couple of them for you to look at, if you don't mind.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
« Last Edit: 2010 April 23, 21:20:46 by Miao » Logged

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2010 April 24, 07:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version should fix the problem with zero-byte entries.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2010 April 25, 00:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pleased to report that the new version has successfully decrapified all of my problem TravelDB files. Many thanks.

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2010 April 28, 15:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* spacecadet throws sharp objects at Boobzilla.

More F than you
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2010 April 30, 19:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010 April 30, 20:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it clearly bugs you, I will keep doing it.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2010 April 30, 21:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cantards do not belong on this part of the site.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010 May 08, 08:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newversion, fixes Ultralounge Island issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010 May 13, 21:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the .ebc file in the dccache have to be decrapified like the .dbc's?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010 May 14, 00:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should not have any ebc files unless you are Doing It Wrong.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2010 May 17, 20:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newversion, fixes Ultralounge Island issue.

Do I need to redownload the offending file and decrapify anew, or can I just redecrapify an already decrapified version?

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2010 May 18, 01:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re-decrapify should work.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2010 June 04, 09:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, I ran a search on this area with "stair" got no results, the store stairs suffer the same issue that the store counters did in corner form. You can't recolor them at all. All other store items appear to be in game and okay so far. Manor Stairs, and Roundabout Stairs have no color options, they stay as default.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2010 June 04, 12:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stairs were released before the patch where fences/stairs were made recolourable and were never updated the way base game stairs were. Early fences from the store have the same issue. I think a modder would have to look at these and update them manually. In the meantime, EA is happy enough to take your money without warning you about this!
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2010 June 18, 20:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi just downloaded s3rc but when i tried opening s3rc a DOS window opens then suddenly closes, am i doing something wrong?
semianon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2010 June 18, 22:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi just downloaded s3rc but when i tried opening s3rc a DOS window opens then suddenly closes, am i doing something wrong?

The DOS window is normal.  However, you are indeed doing something wrong.  If you read the rest of this thread, you would know exactly what that something is.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2010 June 18, 22:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't just run a DOS command that requires switches in Windows by clicking on it. I could go into detail, but if you are not familiar with using DOS then you're probably better off using The Compressorizer GUI. Put it in the same directory as these files but when it asks if you want to overwrite the current S3RC say no as the files from here are newer than the ones JFade is distributing.

Alternately, you can drop the small attached file in the same directory as your s3rc, rename it from s3rcbatch.txt to s3rcbatch.cmd and run it by double clicking on it. If you do that, make sure the sims3pack files you want to clean are in the same directory as s3rc when you run the s3rcbatch.cmd. Depending upon the file size, you may also need to wait a bit. When it is done cleaning it will tell you to press any key to exit.

If you can't understand the latter method or can't get it to work just use the JFade Compressorizer tool.

* s3rcBatch.txt (0.19 KB - downloaded 524 times.)

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2010 June 21, 14:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i must say that this tool brakes all of my tsr content and it comes white in launcher and says your game needs to be updated......should i  drop sims 3 packs on decrapfy and s3rc exe, or just decparfy?
help!  Shocked  Huh Undecided

Your grammar... Oh Lord. Anyway, create a folder. Then put all your sims3pack in the folder. Then copy decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe and paste into that folder. Then drag the sims3packs into decrapify.exe that is located in the SAME folder. A windows may pop out a while and closed itself. This is normal. After that, try reinstall it again normally by launcher.

Hello ! Smiley
I've tried your method today but it doesn't work with TSR files. Sad
When I try to install TSR files, the launcher says that the game needs to be updated whereas it is.
And yet, I put all of my .Sims3pack into the Decrapify.exe.
I don't understand what I did wrong.

Furthermore, I used every method in this topic on all of my .Sims3pack but most of them (such as Riverview) don't show up in game.

Could you help me, please ? Cry
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2010 June 21, 15:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i must say that this tool brakes all of my tsr content and it comes white in launcher and says your game needs to be updated......should i  drop sims 3 packs on decrapfy and s3rc exe, or just decparfy?
help!  Shocked  Huh Undecided

Your grammar... Oh Lord. Anyway, create a folder. Then put all your sims3pack in the folder. Then copy decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe and paste into that folder. Then drag the sims3packs into decrapify.exe that is located in the SAME folder. A windows may pop out a while and closed itself. This is normal. After that, try reinstall it again normally by launcher.

Hello ! Smiley
I've tried your method today but it doesn't work with TSR files. Sad
When I try to install TSR files, the launcher says that the game needs to be updated whereas it is.
And yet, I put all of my .Sims3pack into the Decrapify.exe.
I don't understand what I did wrong.

Furthermore, I used every method in this topic on all of my .Sims3pack but most of them (such as Riverview) don't show up in game.

Could you help me, please ? Cry

No.

You asked this already in the thread you made in The Horror, The Horror!.

It's not the problem of this tool or anyone at this forum, it's the problem of the shitacular TSR Workshop. Take your crying emoticon to TSR and tell someone who cares (or is paid to pretend they care).

If they can't fix problems with their own damned tool then take it as a lesson and don't get TSR shit.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 15:52:47 by Motoki » Logged

acfalconhawk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2010 June 25, 03:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so after reading and rereading this thread, it sounds like installing the .sims3pack files would be massive and requires a lot of time. Whereas using your program, the files will be smaller and it will take less time. Am i correct? My issue is that I am on a mac and since there still isn't a version for it, i am trying to find my options.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2010 June 26, 13:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of slow and a pain in the ass to use the launcher but if you do it in one chunk and just get it over with it's not so bad. I'm sure this helps somewhat by taking extra crap out of the file but the launcher is still the launcher and it's still slow.

As an aside, I've seen a number of people whining lately that they are on a Mac and don't have access to this program, but there must be a DOS emulator for Mac. DOS is an old, text based operating. It doesn't exactly require a high end computer to be able to emulate it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2010 June 27, 05:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so after reading and rereading this thread, it sounds like installing the .sims3pack files would be massive and requires a lot of time. Whereas using your program, the files will be smaller and it will take less time. Am i correct?
The program does not significantly change the speed of Sims3Pack installation. What it does change is the fact that it won't actually install because the packs are corrupt. With this, it will install.

My issue is that I am on a mac and since there still isn't a version for it, i am trying to find my options.
We don't have a Mac version because everyone who was SUPPOSED to be giving me a Mac shell to compile on NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH.

There is a Linux version. Can Macs run ELF binaries?

Kraslev
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
decrapify using a Mac?
« Reply #173 on: 2010 June 27, 22:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kinda sad that I'm using this as my first post... but I still haven't been able to find a way to decrapify using a Mac. Promise I've searched, whether that's believable or not. Am I retarded or is there really no way to do it without pulling my dusty old PC out of the closet?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: decrapify using a Mac?
« Reply #174 on: 2010 June 28, 00:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kinda sad that I'm using this as my first post... but I still haven't been able to find a way to decrapify using a Mac. Promise I've searched, whether that's believable or not. Am I retarded or is there really no way to do it without pulling my dusty old PC out of the closet?

A quick 2 second search of the words "DOS" and "Mac" on Google shows that there are indeed DOS emulators for Mac.

Presumably you could use one of these. I admit to knowing next to nothing about Macs, however I've used DOS emulators before to play old games and it's not rocket science.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: