More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:47:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 709014 times)
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #125 on: 2010 April 09, 06:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry....brain not working temporarily.
I'm working on a solution at the moment...give me some time and I'll see if it works. If it does, I will post it for the other Mac-ites.

Or, if you are feeling benevolent Pescado, you could send me the source code, and theoretically, I should be able to compile it for mac.
I'm a mac dev, but only a linux virgin - (using Fink on mac). I CAN compile source code into a mac binary LOL.
Honestly, for what's involved in running linux on a mac... I think we need a mac binary.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 09, 10:05:00 by BoobyMcHooters » Logged
badforever
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010 April 10, 02:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did They Make One For Mac Yet?
Shan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010 April 10, 04:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No they didn't. And don't capitalize every word in your sentences, it's very difficult to read. Farfel said he can make a Mac binary. Try waiting and see if he does.

"Nickelodeon airing a cartoon written by the same person who wrote Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? Isn't that kinda like Disney hiring Ron Jeremy to write a show?"
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010 April 10, 05:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IF Pescado gives me the source code.
Or I can figure out how to take it out of the windows version once I've run it in CrossOver.

Plenty of other people have mentioned about trying to run these programs in a Virtual PC like CrossOver or Wine. If you have Snow Leopard and $40, get CrossOver. Otherwise, it's too fucking hard. Snow Leopard is a pain in the arse for this kind of thing, LOL.
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010 April 11, 01:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done the decrapifying and the searching, but can't figure out why my Manor Stairs can't be recolored anymoar.  Any ideas?

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
zveki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2010 April 11, 12:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems with Bahhaus set, i have descrapfied it , the icon shows in the launcher, the instaling's  succeed, but it doesnt show in the game.Its the same for the latest Store items, please help.My game version 1.922 basegame.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2010 April 11, 14:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems with Bahhaus set, i have descrapfied it , the icon shows in the launcher, the instaling's  succeed, but it doesnt show in the game.Its the same for the latest Store items, please help.My game version 1.922 basegame.

This have been discussed so many times. Please.. Please do use the search box up there.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
simsisawesome
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2010 April 11, 22:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was wondering if a version of mac is available?
Shan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2010 April 12, 03:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was wondering if a version of mac is available?

Good god. This question was just asked and was answered a few posts up. THERE IS NO VERSION FOR MAC

"Nickelodeon airing a cartoon written by the same person who wrote Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? Isn't that kinda like Disney hiring Ron Jeremy to write a show?"
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2010 April 12, 04:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on it.

Would be nice if Pescado gave me the source code straight up... but he doesn't seem to care, so I have to do it the hard way.
Will get it up as soon as I can folks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2010 April 12, 12:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't REALLY want my source code. My source code is a trainwreck, and not the gawkworthy kind, but the kind where the train was carrying raw sewage. Ask Fairlight what my source code looks like. My sourcecode is an amusing exercise in obfuscated C code. There isn't even actually a source code, the entire thing is entered on the command line as preprocessor defines.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010 April 12, 13:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol... well i'm having some trouble resolving X11 with my Fink.... so Linux is out.

I'm working on taking the Windows .exes and wrapping and bottling them up into functioning Mac .app files, much like EA did with TS3. I'm going to try and do it with Awesomeware, Delphy's Apps, and the Jones' S3PE and S3PI (although I'm going to be a nutter and try and stick them into one app together...)

I'm just having some issues with my downloads being super slow because my IP is fucking me around.

I could try cleaning up your code though, Pes, if you like.
What I am aiming to create is 'for dummies' versions for Mac folks. Because really, macs are full of such awesomeness that the biggest dummy can use them, and some people just don't want to go through it the hard way. OS X is so lovely with it's 'drag and drop' - people get lazy and want EVERYTHING to drag and drop LOL

ETA: I think if you just made it a straight UNIX exec file it should be usable for Mac.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 12, 15:46:11 by SulaBoobies » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2010 April 13, 08:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could try cleaning up your code though, Pes, if you like.
I don't want my code cleaned up. I made it that way on PURPOSE, because I WANT TO. NYAR!

ETA: I think if you just made it a straight UNIX exec file it should be usable for Mac.
It already *IS* a staight ELF binary.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2010 April 13, 10:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Wink As long as it works, who cares what it looks like, lol.

That would be why it doesn't work. Unless you have the specific ELF tools installed, most new macs (especially running Leopard or Snow Leopard) won't run ELFs. Can you do Mach-0?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010 April 13, 11:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't the slightest idea what that is or how to make one.

Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2010 April 13, 11:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. Well once my IP stops fucking around and I can get the right tools, I will take your windows .exe and bottle it into a mac .app

ETA:
Q - how about Bourne shell?
« Last Edit: 2010 April 13, 15:44:22 by SulaBoobies » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010 April 14, 02:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm mostly at tcsh sort of person, but I'll manage.

Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2010 April 14, 17:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you gave it to me in straight tcsh I could very easily convert it and stick it in a nice packaged shell that would be idiot friendly Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2010 April 14, 18:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you gave it to me in straight tcsh I could very easily convert it and stick it in a nice packaged shell that would be idiot friendly Wink

Just give me a shell login and point me at the compiler and I will make it work.

DragonsHollow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2010 April 17, 18:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would just like to take the time to thank all you guys that have worked hard on this programme  Smiley. At first I was weary as it took my game nearly 12 hours to load properly...but I did read that it needs the time to catch up and find everything that it's made smaller so I just left my game running while I was out one day and let it deconfuse itself. Some of the .package files were stupidly huge when I dropped them into my packages folder and once I used the s3rc they got so small I nearly choked I was so bloody shocked. But yeah, well done on this amazing programme and I have recommended it to all my other friends that have the sims 3 and are in need of a compressor for their files. The only problem I've encountered - as of yet - is that some items from the store don't come up and it's only 2 of the fireplaces that I've found this problem Huh in any case it doesn't bother me...just thought I'd say incase anyone else has this problem.
Cheers,  Kiss .
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2010 April 18, 01:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compiler wise... you could try FPC...
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2010 April 22, 16:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I'd installed the newest patch (actually, I had reinstalled the entire game along with the patch--long story), s3rc crashes every time it comes upon a TravelDB.package. It does this a few seconds after the file's path shows up in the DOS console. Before the new patch, the program decrapified the same files without problems. Doesn't the patch not even touch the user's files?

@DragonsHollow: I once had my game take nearly that many hours to load--I think some of your custom content may be causing the .package file lag. Process Monitor can help you identify those problem files the next time you start your game, and removing them does wonders to the loading speed and overall smoothness of gameplay.

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2010 April 22, 22:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the offending travelDB file and I will take a look.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010 April 23, 12:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a small question.  Does decrapifying saves include not-yet imported CAW worlds?

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2010 April 23, 15:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: