More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:47:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706953 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #50 on: 2010 February 23, 11:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you decrapify your objects and decrapify your saved files (*.nhd, *.package, *.sim, *.dbc), then your games will continue unchanged. Otherwise, things break.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 February 24, 20:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fabulous, thank you!  *off to begin the decrapifaction process.*

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
lowprofile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 February 24, 21:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm going to get smacked for this, but obviously I can't figure it out, or I wouldn't be asking. But if s3rc.exe returns "Bad File 0!" then that means the recompressor was NOT able to fix it - or that it was a bad file but has not been repaired? And finally, could you clear up exactly what the "Could not stat *.package" means?

Appreciate it much - may the floggings begin!! As long as I get the information I need, I don't care. And I do need this info.

Thanks in advance!

~lp
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 February 24, 23:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad file means you tried to feed it a not-Sims3pack/DBPF. Could not stat means the file was unreadable, either because you don't have file permissions or the file doesn't exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 February 25, 16:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you - I really appreciate the quick reply. This tool is wonderful btw. Thankee.  Kiss

Keep the kisses to yourself.

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
Scaenicus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 February 26, 06:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To contribute something maybe useful for Windows users:

Code:
for /R %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause
Save this with an text-editor (Start > Run > "notepad" > OK, f.e.) to s3rcBatch.cmd
The file icon has now (depending on your Windows-Version) something like cogwheels.

If you copy this file f.e. in your Save-Folder TOGETHER with the s3rc.exe, and double-click on it, it decrapifies all .sims3pack, .package, .nhd, .sim, .dbc in every subdirectory (i.e. save-game) it can find.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 26, 21:26:10 by Scaenicus » Logged
lowprofile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 February 27, 07:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is dragging your file over decrapify.exe the same as s3rc.exe -fD?

Also, how does -f (fix only) switch differ from -D (decrapify) - in other words, what does each do differently to the file?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: 2010 February 27, 08:57:58 by lowprofile » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 February 27, 11:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is dragging your file over decrapify.exe the same as s3rc.exe -fD?
Yes. Decrapify is just a stub program that calls s3rc -fD, which is why it fails if s3rc is not installed to your path.

Also, how does -f (fix only) switch differ from -D (decrapify) - in other words, what does each do differently to the file?
fixonly does not attempt to recompress everything, which makes it go faster. There are no benefits to recompressing a sims3pack since the Launcher ignores all of it and discards the compression anyway. Additionally, some resources simply fail to work at all when compressed, for no apparently clear reason. -f therefore causes it to entirely skip any compression if the file wasn't already compressed and didn't need scanning for fixing.

AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 February 28, 14:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To contribute something maybe useful for Windows users:

Code:
for /R %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause
Save this with an text-editor (Start > Run > "notepad" > OK, f.e.) to s3rcBatch.cmd
The file icon has now (depending on your Windows-Version) something like cogwheels.

If you copy this file f.e. in your Save-Folder TOGETHER with the s3rc.exe, and double-click on it, it decrapifies all .sims3pack, .package, .nhd, .sim, .dbc in every subdirectory (i.e. save-game) it can find.

You are a life saver! It atcually worked.

The only issue I had was that it, twice, stopped and said that "s3rc has stopped working", then tried to find a solution but then asked me to close s3rc. I closed it but the cmd continued decrapifying. It went on decrapifying till the end.

I checked the modified dates on all the files it should have worked on but found non that weren't decrapified.

EDIT: Can we leave the s3rcBatch and s3rc in the documents folder or should they be taken out?

lowprofile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 March 01, 01:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One tiny request - and this would be extremely helpful when batching the decrapification - if it could produce a log of "unfixables" upon completion? Otherwise, I still have batch them in small amounts to figure out which ones didn't makes it... unless there is an alternative I am unaware of?

Thanks again though. This tool is awesome. I am so excited to be able to use my game in peace.  Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 March 01, 02:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any known "unfixables" in the current version. If you're encountering any, indicate which file.

lowprofile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 March 01, 16:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have many SIMS3PACK files that apparently didn't download completely and therefore come up as "Bad file!" - I suspect I am not the only one with this problem. I move those files to another folder when s3rc finds them. Once they are in the new folder, I am able to review them separately and download fresh, good copies. I guess your tool has yet another function you may not have considered - it is extremely good at pointing out poorly formed files (bad downloads) that should be replaced.

At any rate, it would really help if it could spit out a text file or something with a list of all the "Bad" files it finds. This way, I could batch them all, weed out the nasty packs, and then replace them with good ones. Better yet, in a perfect world, this tool would be able to take Bad files and move them to a subfolder or alternate location as soon as it encounters them... in absence of that functionality, however, a text or csv file would work just fine.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 08, 22:02:38 by lowprofile » Logged
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 March 01, 17:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have many SIMS3PACK files that apparently didn't download completely and therefore have come up as "Bad file!" - I suspect I am not the only one with this problem. I moved those files to another folder when s3rc finds (What??). Once they were in the new folder, I reviewed them separately and downloaded fresh, good copies. I suppose your tool can indicate poorly formed sims3pack files which should be replaced. (I suppose that is what you meant, which by the way the tool doesn't have)

At any rate, it would really be helpful if it (You mean s3rc?) could spit out (What??) a txt file or something with a list of all the "Bad" files it finds. This way, I can batch them all, then weed out the nasty packs and replace them with good ones. Better yet, in a perfect world (Cut the crap), this tool would be able to take bad files and move them to a subfolder or alternate location as soon as it encounters them... (Save the ellipse) In absence of that functionality, however, a txt file would work just fine.

Hopefully I've been more clear. (You can't get any worse that what you just wrote so yeah, you have been clearer)

For the sake of all the others and myself I will NOT be rewriting your "phail" (i.e. Properly and without red marks) since it is an utter disgrace to that which we call "The English Language". Please be careful next time and I hope you return to your "past clear state" (refer to last correction).

lowprofile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 March 01, 19:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the sake of all the others and myself I will NOT be rewriting your "phail" (i.e. Properly and without red marks) since it is an utter disgrace to that which we call "The English Language". Please be careful next time and I hope you return to your "past clear state" (refer to last correction).

I do not understand why you've decided to pick on me, but I've done nothing to you so cut it out. The problem I came to discuss in this thread is simple and on topic. I have files that when run through the Recompressor come up as "Bad File!" (direct quote). I would like it if the Recompressor could tag them and dump them into a text file or move them into a different folder. The End.

I'm a writer by trade, and I have a Masters in English grammar and literature. I am also a technical writer (my day job) and we don't use passive verbs very often (such as the "have" you indicated), wherever possible, or even the word "the", whereas it can sometimes be redundant. If the sentence is gramatically correct without it, then why include it? We also attempt to use present-tense wherever possible, which is why I negated to use past tense (even though you feel it was necessary). Ellipses are fine as long as they are not overused - they have their place. I used ONE - not two, not twenty - just ONE. Much to your chagrin, I'm sure, I am not going to respond to each and every one of your floggings because really, your opinion just doesn't matter. And anyways, I made my point in the post, and that's what does matter; I am not writing a novel for publication for chrissakes (and yes, I have purposefully combined the name "Christ" with "sakes" - I know it's crazy, but well, that's who I am). Chill. Out. And by the way, while we're at it, the stupid kisses were offered in the emoticons available. I made use of one. If "they" don't want people to use them, "they" shouldn't make them available. If you have a problem with me, let's take it offline. But randomly and blatantly flaming people is not cool. If you want to pick a fight go elsewhere - I'm not as into it as you are.

And by the way (and this is just a suggestion), you could always try using your powers for good instead of evil. For instance, you could make yourself useful (and probably use less energy) and actually respond to the issue described in my post. Try it on in the mirror for a bit - it may take some getting used to, but being nice will probably work well for you. And if you can't be nice, then at least stick to the topic at hand and be clear and leave it at that. Honestly, you posts come across as spam, as they are entirely unrelated to the topic in this thread.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 01, 23:00:03 by lowprofile » Logged
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 March 02, 04:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any known "unfixables" in the current version. If you're encountering any, indicate which file.

I had quite a few files, that after being ran through everything wouldn't install still. I couldn't even find a few of the files it listed, so I just deleted them via launcher, but one I recognized was a Lianasims toddler dress, so I went and re-downloaded all of her toddler dresses to see which it was, then ran them each through the programs, and had only them in the DL folder and ran the launcher, it tells me that I need to check my game version, or something to that effect and try again. So, I'm guessing those would be "unfixables"?
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 March 02, 10:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not understand why you've decided to pick on me, but I've done nothing to you so cut it out. The problem I came to discuss in this thread is simple and on topic. I have files that when run through the Recompressor come up as "Bad File!" (direct quote). I would like it if the Recompressor could tag them and dump them into a text file or move them into a different folder. The End.

I'm a writer by trade, and I have a Masters in English grammar and literature. I am also a technical writer (my day job) and we don't use passive verbs very often (such as the "have" you indicated), wherever possible, or even the word "the", whereas it can sometimes be redundant. If the sentence is gramatically correct without it, then why include it? We also attempt to use present-tense wherever possible, which is why I negated to use past tense (even though you feel it was necessary). Ellipses are fine as long as they are not overused - they have their place. I used ONE - not two, not twenty - just ONE. Much to your chagrin, I'm sure, I am not going to respond to each and every one of your floggings because really, your opinion just doesn't matter. And anyways, I made my point in the post, and that's what does matter; I am not writing a novel for publication for chrissakes (and yes, I have purposefully combined the name "Christ" with "sakes" - I know it's crazy, but well, that's who I am). Chill. Out. And by the way, while we're at it, the stupid kisses were offered in the emoticons available. I made use of one. If "they" don't want people to use them, "they" shouldn't make them available. If you have a problem with me, let's take it offline. But randomly and blatantly flaming people is not cool. If you want to pick a fight go elsewhere - I'm not as into it as you are.

And by the way (and this is just a suggestion), you could always try using your powers for good instead of evil. For instance, you could make yourself useful (and probably use less energy) and actually respond to the issue described in my post. Try it on in the mirror for a bit - it may take some getting used to, but being nice will probably work well for you. And if you can't be nice, then at least stick to the topic at hand and be clear and leave it at that. Honestly, you posts come across as spam, as they are entirely unrelated to the topic in this thread.

I refuse to answer your rambling and only have 3 letters for you (Which could help) F.A.Q!
Additionally, your comment on the emoticon is like saying:"I hire prostitutes because they are there." By the way no one told you to use them; they are there only to be used appropriately.

Oh, and another point, we here use proper English and try our best to make our messages as clear as possible and don't leave words hanging out waiting to be corrected by grammar obsessed MATYians. I did what I felt like doing. You should LURK MOAR before attempting to challenge the MATYian laws. Good Bye and good luck.

P.S: You don't know me so don't judge people by a couple of posts. If I were you I would take this as constructive criticism Kiss

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 March 02, 11:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@lowprofile: ignore the tard. MATY is about more fight, for sure, but by the same token we appreciate people who can actually express themselves in the written medium. You may wish to read the FAQ anyways.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
lowprofile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 March 02, 18:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so here's the question, in what way did I not express myself properly "in the written medium"? I have looked over my posts and compared them to many here and I see little to no difference.

What about this:

I had quite a few files, that after being ran through everything wouldn't install still. I couldn't even find a few of the files it listed, so I just deleted them via launcher, but one I recognized was a Lianasims toddler dress, so I went and re-downloaded all of her toddler dresses to see which it was, then ran them each through the programs, and had only them in the DL folder and ran the launcher, it tells me that I need to check my game version, or something to that effect and try again. So, I'm guessing those would be "unfixables"?

OR this:

Can the 'rule of 6' be used with any aging other than normal?

Odd question but I am thinking of stepping my again up to the one above normal(long?) to give me more time with the Sim I am playing. I was hoping it was written in such a way that it would apply extended 'rule of 6' to the longer age time lines.

OR this:

I tried to install FPS_Limiter, and Windoze wouldn't let me. It gave me a warning about needing something called Hookhelper and then refused to install the program. I have no idea what Hookhelper even is. I'm new to Vista, and the learning curve has been very steep compared to XP. I've been running the game from the TS3.exe file, but would prefer to use 3booter. Both 3booter and FPS_limiter are installed to the root The Sims 3 directory under Program Files, not the bin. Plz halp, kthxbai.

etc etc etc - there are hundreds of these here if not more... so i ask again, why pick on me when there are hundred of others to pick on? Why not tell each and every one of them to read the FAQ and critique their grammar??

I have written clearly and identified my issues succinctly. I am very confused why we are even having a discussion about this. As suggested, I have re-read the FAQ and do not find where I have violated it in any way, shape, or form. I do not want conflict with anyone here; I just have questions about a tool I have found useful. Let me ask those questions, and I'll be on my way - simple as that. Why waste your time with me or my posts? Surely you have better things to be doing?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 March 02, 18:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why waste your time with me or my posts? Surely you have better things to be doing?

Clearly he/she does not have anything better to do.  Ignore him/her.  If they are not sporting the grammar police badge, they are inconsequential and deserve to be taken down a notch or two.

Side note; did you read its signature?  It has declared itself to be ignorant.
lowprofile
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 March 02, 18:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! Yes, I had noticed its signature yesterday. In fact, I had wanted to comment on the "words of wisdom", but then decided it must have been having a bad day. In the end, I let the irony slide.

@AloeOwl, you might want to check out this sticky here: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.

I found this portion especially interesting:

Pescado has strongly suggested that grammatical errors and other behaviour demanding the sharp spork be handled by a barrage of PMs, rather than excessive poking in the thread.

Give it a rest already.

@Pescado - As it turns out, Delphy has released a tool on MTS called TS3 Dashboard that does exactly what I was talking about. Namely, it checks for and marks "bad files" so I am able to remove them manually; it also checks for and marks duplicates, (something else I was hoping to find). At any rate, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to answer my questions about how The Recompressor works - I will definitely still be using it for general decrapification. Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2010 March 02, 20:37:06 by lowprofile » Logged
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 March 03, 15:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not condemn you, I just corrected you to make your message clearer. You are the one condemning without investigating me personally, making you the ignorant one.

@ The_Goddess, I might not have a Grammar Police badge but I'm still not the only one correcting people's mistakes without one. Take witch for example (Not to point fingers or anything). Moreover, you could have also been called ignorant when you said I have nothing else to do.

I didn't want to cause any troubles either, I'll try to be more conservative next time. Sorry.

A question for anyone who can answer:

Let's say I decrapify some store content and then my saved games. I play for a bit then go and download some other store content to decrapify.
Do I need re-decrapify my saved games, or is it OK to decrapify them only once? 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 March 03, 23:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only need to decrapify saved games once. Once decrapified, they stay decrapified as long as you install only decrapified content. Multiple decrapifications don't hurt, though.

Eva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 March 04, 22:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AloeOwl, I have a degree in Journalism and have worked (at separate times) as both a reporter and a copy editor.  Even I think you went overboard with your grammar and spelling "corrections."  I can't believe you took a passage from someone who wrote in present tense and "corrected" it so it was in past tense.  What a rude, moronic thing to do.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 March 05, 17:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the cmd open with the options. What do I do now? Just decrapifying didn't work.

Edit: found how. Do I have to type it, or can I paste?
Anyway, it didn't work, the packs still can't install.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 05, 18:09:59 by Indiasong » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 March 06, 22:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to some people in the Pudding Factory Store Tech Help thread, decrapified fireplaces don't show in-game.  I've also confirmed this.  Any idea what's happening?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: