More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:14:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706928 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #25 on: 2010 January 30, 04:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it helps if you use a shell that supports globbing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 05, 19:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple issues with decrapifying. Counters don't support their corner meshes and placing more than one island changes subsequent ones into another island mesh completely. Also, fireplaces have a slot in the catalogue but no thumbnail and they can't be placed. This was all in a completely fresh save.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 05, 22:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple issues with decrapifying. Counters don't support their corner meshes
If you mean that the corner is useless and you are unable to select it to recolor it, that isn't an issue with decrapifying it, that is actually an issue with the game. I haven't even tried decraping anything yet and suffer from that issue on both game counters and custom ones.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 05, 22:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean that the corner is useless and you are unable to select it to recolor it, that isn't an issue with decrapifying it, that is actually an issue with the game. I haven't even tried decraping anything yet and suffer from that issue on both game counters and custom ones.

I had that problem before too but for this I actually mean the corner mesh itself does not appear. The two counters just sit next to each other at a 90° angle and won't merge together.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 08, 03:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a wildcard for everything in a directory to decrapify it? Put this in a batch file. If you don't know how to make one, too bad.
for %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 15, 10:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say, this tool is a wonder to me!  I drop files that are 25k bytes in it and they drop to 5k!  It has saved me so much disc space on my computer I am loving it, and everything works like a charm.  Now when I download a sims3pack, I first drop it in this tool, extract it using Delphy's tool, then use s3pe to merge it with other files, then drop it in this one again.  It recompresses it even more then!  And everything is showing up in my game for me.  All I can say is, Bless Pescado and all those here that are making playing Sims 3 much more doable and enjoyable.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 15, 12:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now when I download a sims3pack, I first drop it in this tool, extract it using Delphy's tool, then use s3pe to merge it with other files, then drop it in this one again.  It recompresses it even more then!
Uh, no, that is stupid. If you're going to merge it, you can just extract right away, then compress again as the LAST step, otherwise, the other tools just undo the work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 20, 11:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version, fixes issues with decrapifying counters.

HansWurst
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 20, 13:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ J. M. Pescado

when comes your new version of your fix in your first post is the old fix... Sorry for my bad english i´m German User
Mannaro
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 20, 15:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... I tried to install sims3pack files after run them with s3rc or decrapify but nothing happens and no errors from TS3 or your programs. On TS3 launcher is like he install the pack but it doesnt. My TS3 game is full original 1.10.6.004017 (digital download version), sims3pack is not ofc. I tryed with december store files and february.

EDIT: tried now with -r option of s3rc program and it works! At least with 1 file. Let me batch them all!

EDIT2: seems -fD works better... Batch method described by IAmTheRad is great!
« Last Edit: 2010 February 20, 16:35:45 by Mannaro » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 21, 01:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when comes your new version of your fix in your first post is the old fix... Sorry for my bad english i´m German User
There is only one version. The old version is summarily and permanently destroyed in creating the new version to prevent it from being ever used again.

AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 21, 13:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question: I'm supposing we have to decrapify after we re compress and before we install? Do we also decrapify the files needs to be decrapified (like saves) before or after we decrapify and recompress the CC and also before or after we install the CC?

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
HansWurst
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 21, 13:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is only one version. The old version is summarily and permanently destroyed in creating the new version to prevent it from being ever used again.

Can you say us if you publish your new tool?
Brand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 21, 17:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version, fixes issues with decrapifying counters.

I tried new version on Cloud 9 counter from 50's set as well as the Tiki set and had the same recolor and corner counter issues.

Reran and victory is mine! Thanks Pescado.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 23, 06:31:39 by Brand » Logged
aelfwyne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 22, 01:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, color me confused as hell here...

With the recent patches, there isn't a save file - there's a save DIRECTORY with multiple different files in it... I've tried following the vague suggestions in this thread about "dragging and dropping onto s3rc.exe"... and there's also decrapify.exe in the archive...

Can someone please just post some simple instructions for using this, as it doesn't seem to actually do anything with the save files... or does it not work with the new save format or what?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 22, 04:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade is upgrading the Jfadetool to support the new features, so soon you can use his For Dummies interface. It is clear that most people are too dumb to use Ye Olde DOSSE Mode.

aelfwyne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 22, 05:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade is upgrading the Jfadetool to support the new features, so soon you can use his For Dummies interface. It is clear that most people are too dumb to use Ye Olde DOSSE Mode.

Look, I was using a computer probably before you were out of diapers... My first computer was a lowly Vic-20. I have been through using THAT, all the way through DOS, OS/2, Desqview/X, the horrors of the original win95, Linux, Beos and many more.

Now, the point is - I can get the help readout that gives command line options. FACT IS IT DOES NOTHING when given the save folder, with any combination of wildcards. It doesn't have to do with "too dumb", it has to do with we're not psychic to see what exactly the hell we're supposed to do to get this to work. I have "dragged and dropped" and it did nothing for my save folder, I have used wildcards at the commandline, etc, etc.. It doesn't appear to do anything or worse, it gives errors.

So .. either it simply doesn't work with the new save format, or some frickin documentation might be useful for us non-psycic folks. Saying people are "too dumb" to figure out what you know but ain't sharing is offensive.
aelfwyne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 February 22, 05:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

grr, tried to edit my previous message, and it SAID it was edited, but the edits didn't show up... so I'm replying to my own reply.

ANYWAY...

Stupidity aside. Is it the "Sunset Valley_0x0859db3c.nhd" within the save folder we should be running this tool on to shrinkify the saves? Because with further experimentation (lacking any actual documentation that would consist of about 1 sentence), that's the only file in the save folder that does anything. It sits at a blank prompt for about 2 minutes and then says "Done"... didn't appear to make the file any smaller, but it did touch the timestamp!

Whatever.... we'll see if it makes any difference.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 February 22, 10:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making save files smaller is sort of a deprecated feature: It functions, but the drawbacks (game must regenerate deleted thumbnails) are no longer really worth the benefits, as the newer versions seem better at cleaning up and leaving less dangling gubbins. Decrapification works fine, I've tested it.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010 February 22, 18:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working on updating the tool now. Here's a file that kills s3rc. At least, on Windows 7, it comes up with "s3rc has stopped working", so...

[link removed]

No idea what exactly that is or where I got it from, it's a Sims3Pack.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 23, 01:48:13 by jfade » Logged

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 February 22, 22:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

Elokin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 February 23, 00:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I used your programs last night, and I must say THANK YOU!!!!!  I was using packages before, and the game was slower than shit.  After decrapifying everything and installing my packages, it's speedy quick. 

I thought this might be useful for some people who want to batch decrapify a bunch of files in Winblowz:

1. You will need a BASH shell for Windows.  I use Cygwin.  Download it at http://cygwin.com/
I know it seems excessive to install another program just to decrapify files, but trust me.  Otherwise, you'll spend hours doing each one by hand.  Besides, DOS sucks.

2. Install Cygwin.  It's a wizard, nothing funky about it.  When it gets to the point where it asks you what packages to install, just use the defaults (Unless you want to use Cygwin for something else like compiling C++)

2. Run Cygwin as Administrator.  This is important.  It won't work properly otherwise

3. navigate to the location of you s3rc.exe file.  This will be a slightly different file path than DOS.  You will input something like cd /cygdrive/c/Users/<your username here>/<path to file location>

4. Type in ./s3rc.exe -fD /<path to folder with crap files>/*.Sims3Pack  For example, my command is ./s3rc.exe -fD /SimsStuff/Crap/*.Sims3Pack because my folder with Sims crap is in the same directory as my s3rc file

5. Hit enter.

Ta dah!  You now have decrapified files.  If you got the stat error, you probably didn't run Cygwin as the admin.  Try again and make sure you run Cygwin as admin.

Hope this helps some people out.
Elokin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 February 23, 00:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humm, my edit did not show up.

So in addition on my post I would like to say that I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER for any borked files or otherwise jacked up crap that may result from attempting to follow my process. 
Trystiane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 February 23, 01:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit confused, the instructions say decrapified objects will be new objects BUT all saved games must be decrapified.  Does that mean if I decrapify everything correctly and go to play an old house it will or will not show decrapified custom objects?

Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks.
--Marx
Elokin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 February 23, 01:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand correctly, decrapifying modifies the file in a way so that the game doesn't see them as store items.  So, the game will not know that a decrapified object is the same as a previous crappy object and a crappy object used in a saved game will no longer exist as far as the game is concerned.  I assume that decrapifying the saved game fixes this and causes the game to look for the decrapified object rather than the previous crappy object. 

I have not tried decrapifying a save because I am working on a fresh install, so I may be incorrect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: