More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 19:31:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Downloading Anything for sims 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downloading Anything for sims 3  (Read 35642 times)
Sasha Phoenix
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Downloading Anything for sims 3
« on: 2009 June 02, 01:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay,

The computer my game will be on will not be connected to the internet.  Anybody know if I'll have problems?  And do I need to be connected to install the downloads into the game.  Sorry I'd ask on the "official page" but since I don't have the game yet I can't.

Also, I have a feeling I will be donating to JP this year even though I can't afford it because I'll want to be able to play my game not have to buy a new computer because I hit it with a bat from frustration.
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Downloading Anything for sims 3
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 02, 01:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dont get you..but there aren't alot of stuff to download from atm...and you hit your comp with a bat..
Mimisims
Asinine Airhead

Yep, that's me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 02, 01:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay,

The computer my game will be on will not be connected to the internet.  Anybody know if I'll have problems?  And do I need to be connected to install the downloads into the game.  Sorry I'd ask on the "official page" but since I don't have the game yet I can't.

Also, I have a feeling I will be donating to JP this year even though I can't afford it because I'll want to be able to play my game not have to buy a new computer because I hit it with a bat from frustration.

How do you propose to get your downloads to your computer then if you're not connected to the internet?  Do you plan to download them from a different computer and then use a flashdrive to put them on the computer without the internet?  I guess it also depends on who you're getting them from - the Sims 3 website or modthesims3.  If through the Sims 3 website, you'd have to have registered your game in order to get on it.  But if from forums like this one or MTS3, then they'd just be zip files that you could transfer from the computer that is connected to your computer that is not connected.  Either way, an internet connection has to be involved in there one way or another.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 02, 01:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The computer my game will be on will not be connected to the internet.  Anybody know if I'll have problems?  And do I need to be connected to install the downloads into the game.  Sorry I'd ask on the "official page" but since I don't have the game yet I can't.

How do you propose to get your downloads to your computer then if you're not connected to the internet?  Do you plan to download them from a different computer and then use a flashdrive to put them on the computer without the internet?  I guess it also depends on who you're getting them from - the Sims 3 website or modthesims3.  If through the Sims 3 website, you'd have to have registered your game in order to get on it.  But if from forums like this one or MTS3, then they'd just be zip files that you could transfer from the computer that is connected to your computer that is not connected.  Either way, an internet connection has to be involved in there one way or another.

I, too, no longer run the game on a machine with internet access; EA has convinced me that's a bad idea, since I cannot trust them anymore.  I use a different computer for the internet and move things as appropriate.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 02, 02:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Set your firewall to block Sims 3, the launcher, etc. from connecting to the internet.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 02, 05:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just run the game from ts3.exe, instead of the launcher, and it doesn't even attempt to connect.
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 02, 05:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just run the game from ts3.exe, instead of the launcher, and it doesn't even attempt to connect.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the game need to launch from the launcher if you're going to be using "official" EAxis custom content?  I thought that was the whole point of the launcher.  Well that and to install SecuROM.  But since I have yet to become curious enough to open the game with the launcher I have yet to even see what it looks like. 

Marq
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 02, 05:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

neither the disk version or the stupid download manager have suckrot.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 02, 10:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yep, no suckrot!!!   Wink

When you download files they will be as sims3pack files, clicking on them, opens the launcher and installed the download.  Its actually pretty awesome LOL, its similar to the Sims2Pack thingie that we had, but most of us used clean installer instead.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 02, 11:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any sites even got any lots up for download yet apart from sims3.com?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 02, 11:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's the crap they DON'T tell you in the shitty reviews written by tards and shills.

First Impressions:
1. LACK OF SECUROM IS TOTAL LIECAKE: Game attempted to phone home and whined about activation when DENIED. YOU CAN HAZ SECUROM!

No suckurot? It does attempt to connect to the net.

Nevermind, I just read elsewhere that it was the first version, not the last (and apparently definitive) one.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 11:41:06 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 02, 11:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which version is the one that has it?  Reloaded?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 02, 11:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the Reloaded one.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 02, 12:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, crap.  That's the one I have.  Oh, well.  Guess I'll have to remove it again.  Thanks, Marhis.
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 02, 13:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the crack that came with it . . .  I was under the impression the launcher spontaneously installs it.  The crack didn't bypass the launcher in other words, or at least mine didn't.  I'm running the utility that detects it on my PC currently so maybe I don't have it after all.  So far it's come up clean.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 02, 13:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if there are any lots you want from thesims3, tell me i can upload some for you guys
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 02, 14:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crack won't bypass the launcher - it doesn't with the later EPs for Sims 2 either.  To bypass, you need to switch which exe you shortcut to, in this case, the TS#.exe

And is there confirmation that the download manager does not have securom?  That is the reason I wasn't going to buy a copy, since to get the other neighborhood and spend my $10 would require me to use it.  But if it doesn't install spyware rootkits onto my machine, I'll encourage EA to be good boys and girls, and keep not using securom by buying a copy.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 02, 14:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if there are any lots you want from thesims3, tell me i can upload some for you guys
Could I get Joice House please missaaliyah? Thats the sort of house I need near my beach  Grin
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 02, 15:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher can phone home, if you opened it or not. Phoned home for me launching the cracked .exe for reloaded version.  Don't know if patching to Razor version fixes that someone will have to test it. Posted information about it in the TS3 store thread in Peasantry which you should go read, it is being updated with files and fixes.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 02, 16:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click the file once its downloaded, it will open launcher, and install, close launcher and play game.
not sure how to install it any other way, I used the launcher with the illegal copy of the game, so it should be okay.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lgceydl3bm9
DaSpecialone
Blathering Buffoon

Adoring Cuddlebunnie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 02, 17:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get CC from EA's "Official" Site for the Sims 3 means agreeing to install a digital download program.  Unless I'mmistaken that sounds like no CC without Securom.  It may not come with the game this time, but it is required in order to get on the exchange.

Sims by Dasi:

Rose McGowan  Shannon Tweed

INTJ
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 02, 17:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get CC from EA's "Official" Site for the Sims 3 means agreeing to install a digital download program.  Unless I'mmistaken that sounds like no CC without Securom.  It may not come with the game this time, but it is required in order to get on the exchange.

It's a download manager, not Securom, and it has been confirmed on this board not to be infested with Securom either.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
beear
Asinine Airhead

myspace.com/iwrestledabearonce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 02, 17:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heey missaaliya, cna you please get the "2B2W by holga"?
http://www.thesims3.com/search/lotSearch.html?&position=0&index=1

thx =D

im really curious how he made the "roof"?
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 02, 17:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible for someone to upload Riverview?
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 02, 17:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the peasants forum, the TS3 store thread for Riverview. Sadly it does not work yet.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: