More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 14:28:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  revive sim that already have a tombstone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: revive sim that already have a tombstone?  (Read 9025 times)
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
revive sim that already have a tombstone?
« on: 2009 June 01, 11:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meaning you cant bring the urn to work so that the sim becomes playable ?
already have the ambrosia..the ghost wont eat it thou.is there a way to force the ghost to eat it?
mine died of hunger because i was fooling around with the bars (testingcheatsenabled) ://
it'll instead go make its own food ~_~
Fu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: revive sim that already have a tombstone?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 01, 11:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think once a sim is a ghost, it stays a ghost. You can make them playable via that science opportunity but that's it, it will always fail and never produce a healthy sim out of a tombstone. Sorry.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 12:03:24 by Fu » Logged
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 01, 11:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mm thats not true, you can revive a ghost sim and play it if you bring the urn to the science lab, and you can revive it to a normal playable sim if you feed it ambrosia.
but the thing is you cant make the ghost sim playable after you give it a tomb :/
Fu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 01, 12:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, then I guess there is a profound difference between ghost babies and real ghosts. Can you please reiterate clearly what you are trying to do?

My ghost baby (grown up now) ate ambrosia and just got her day counter reset to the beginning of the current phase.

Correction: I thought I had given my whole family ambrosia, but apparently I didn't. Giving the ghost baby ambrosia does actually make her into a meat sack again. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 15:18:16 by Fu » Logged
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 01, 12:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, then I guess there is a profound difference between ghost babies and real ghosts. Can you please reiterate clearly what you are trying to do?

My ghost baby (grown up now) ate ambrosia and just got her day counter reset to the beginning of the current phase.

dont know about ghost babies but this is what im trying to do.
- my sim died of hunger
- got urn, planted the urn in my garden -> becomes a tomb.
- family went on with life.
- after a while i got 10 in cooking and fishing, so i can make ambrosia now.

now this is the part that i cant get to happen -> revive the ghost sim/get her to eat the ambrosia.

if you took the urn (not the tomb) to the science lab, you can play as the ghost sim -> make her eat ambrosia = alive again!
but i tried taking the tomb with me to work as a lvl 10 science job -> nothing happened :/ cant bring her back?? -> cant eat ambrosia = cant come back alive.

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 01, 13:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you have to go to the Science building outside of work times, is the urn in your sims inventory.  Once its in, zoom out of the house and click on the Science building, it might give you options then.
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 01, 13:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To make a ghost Sim playable would need an Opportunity, which would allow one Sim, the Sim that receives the Opportunity, to bring a tombstone/urn/tombplate (note, ANY form of a dead Sim marker) to the Science lab to make the ghost playable. The Sim that received the Opportunity, and only that Sim, would then be able to make other ghosts playable.

make her eat ambrosia = alive again!
but i tried taking the tomb with me to work as a lvl 10 science job -> nothing happened :/ cant bring her back?? -> cant eat ambrosia = cant come back alive.

Ambrosia simply resets the Days Before Aging timer for the Sim that eats it, and as far as I know does not actually revive any ghost Sim. What are your sources? Where did you hear this thing that sounds a lot like a fallacy?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 14:04:07 by Zucabr » Logged
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 01, 14:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ambrosia simply resets the Days Before Aging timer for the Sim that eats it, and as far as I know does not actually revive any ghost Sim. What are your sources? Where did you hear this thing that sounds a lot like a fallacy?

I can confirm - it does revive a ghost.
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 01, 14:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ohh i see its an opportunity.. meh.. dis sux
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 01, 15:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, trust the noob (ETA: I mean myself. I'm the noob) who's never cooked Ambrosia to put its foot in its mouth. But yes, it's an opportunity.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 18:16:05 by Zucabr » Logged
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 01, 15:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, trust the noob who's never cooked Ambrosia to put its foot in its mouth. But yes, it's an opportunity.

umm..why dont you try it yourself?i've cooked ambrosia several times and used it a few times myself.
Fu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 01, 15:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I can confirm that ghost babies are just the same as revived (i. e. made playable) ghosts. Give them ambrosia and they take meat form. You can trust my info, just look at my spelling. ;-)

In any case, to make a ghost eat ambrosia to make it healthy again, it has to be playable.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: