More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:36:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The matchmaker isn't the only one with a crystal ball
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The matchmaker isn't the only one with a crystal ball  (Read 10074 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
The matchmaker isn't the only one with a crystal ball
« on: 2005 November 21, 22:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I have Brynne's Justin Goth-Bayfield in my Pleasantview downtown.  He has a crush on his roomie and on a lady I made for him.  He had a nice date with the CAS lady, then got a want to go on a date with his roomie, so I sent them out to the LuLu lounge.  The MOMENT the taxi pulled up, the other gal was just entering the lot at the portal.  HOW ON EARTH do these sims know that their loved one is not only on a date with someone else, but exactly where they will turn up?  And the moment they will turn up?  The drama is sort of amusing, but it would be nice to not have it happen every time.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: The matchmaker isn't the only one with a crystal ball
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 21, 22:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me wonder what the divorce rate is for Maxians.
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 21, 23:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when you live in a universe which grinds to a halt before it can have 1,000 folks in it, it is quite literally a small world.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 21, 23:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this, too.  I've also noticed that when teens go downtown, especially on dates, one of their parents will turn-up - well, the fathers in my game.  They don't usually communicate with the teen, just sort of hang around as if they're keeping an eye on them.  Amin Sims' daughter has been on two dates and a group outing with Alexander Goth's grandson Barnaby and Amin turned-up on all three occasions. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 21, 23:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims have never run into a relative downtown.

Once, I had a Romance Sim go on multiple dates in one night, and she ran into a previous date with her new date, but I think that was due to me taking her to the same spot or something, lol.

Incidentally, the 3 or 4 dates she went on that night were all dream dates, so guess how much of a woohoo whore she is!
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 22, 00:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had Daddies show up when YA's go on dates too and hang back.  I think it's funny, something my own Daddy would have probably done.   Wink
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 22, 00:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim family is so wide-spread, there's always a sibling or in-law hanging around downtown. And they never come over and say "hi". How rude.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 22, 00:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim family is so wide-spread, there's always a sibling or in-law hanging around downtown. And they never come over and say "hi". How rude.
Ive had that happen on an outing Samantha went on Maria is great for arranging outings then doing a disappearing act  leaving the other sim with a total stranger. Funnily enough Joe and Josh happened to show up at the diner and neither would have said hello to Samantha if I hadnt sent her over to greet them

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 22, 00:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the down-townies don't hold back at all, I've noticed. They'll hang around a complete stranger's table waiting to tell some joke. I've never known a joke so funny that I just had to go tell...that person over there ! Complete randomness.  Roll Eyes
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 22, 00:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the down-townies don't hold back at all, I've noticed. They'll hang around a complete stranger's table waiting to tell some joke. I've never known a joke so funny that I just had to go tell...that person over there ! Complete randomness.  Roll Eyes
I noticed that to Mysims went on an outing oddly enough with the gypsy matchmaker who Called Nylisset up and invited her,Kiernan and Gvaudoin on an outing for fun unlike Maria and Justin who do the disappearing Sim act all the time the Gypsy stayed there and the four of them had a really good time. well who should saunter over but townie Christy Stratton who just had to tell a Joke to Gvaudoin who didnt know her from adam............I had Gvaudoin get even by Changing the Juke Box to college rock and instigating the Smustle where Christy promptly fell on her but. Josh was at the restauraunt and joined in on the smustle.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 22, 03:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one neighbourhood where alld the sims are related by blood or marriage through the first CAS sim I made. So the family is so outstreached that whenever one of them goes downtown there is usually several relatives and relatives-in-law there.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 22, 03:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a couple of sims on a date at one of the smaller karaoke bars. Name of it escapes me, but anyway ... three of the female teen's adult brothers were there, as well as the daughter of one of the brothers on the lot. All of the brothers were roommates, yet none of them were interacting with each other. It was like they didn't even know each other. Jacob was singing karaoke, Josh was at the bar, Tabitha-Thayer (Josh's daughter) was talking to some townie, and Joey Jr. was seated at a table. Very bizarre to see that. Back home they'd be climbing all over each other for a game of punch-you-punch-me!
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 22, 09:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of my sim families are so widespread, that if said sibling, cousin or in-law came over to say "hi", my sim wouldn't have any idea who just said hi to him.

Although for most of them, it'd be as simple as "God damn, you're ugly.  You must be one of Grandpa's kids."
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 22, 20:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amin Sims' daughter has been on two dates and a group outing with Alexander Goth's grandson Barnaby and Amin turned-up on all three occasions. 

You let Alexander Goth BREED!?

Also, did his children end up getting beaten by the ugly stick as thoroughly as he did, or did they turn out decent? I didn't let Alexander have any children in my original Pleasantview because I could barely stand to look at him. He was always just the odd uncle that took care of Cassandra and Don's children while Cassandra was off at work and Don was ... upstairs. With a girl.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 22, 20:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amin Sims' daughter has been on two dates and a group outing with Alexander Goth's grandson Barnaby and Amin turned-up on all three occasions. 

You let Alexander Goth BREED!?

Also, did his children end up getting beaten by the ugly stick as thoroughly as he did, or did they turn out decent? I didn't let Alexander have any children in my original Pleasantview because I could barely stand to look at him. He was always just the odd uncle that took care of Cassandra and Don's children while Cassandra was off at work and Don was ... upstairs. With a girl.
a little surgery and even the ugliest sim can have a completely new outlook.Present to you the new and vastly Improved  Arcadia Bradshaw Repair Person

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 22, 20:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She looks kinda like my Arcadia Bradshaw:

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 22, 20:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Similar but I do see some Facial differences. your the one who gave me the Idea to imrove her with surgery . I didnt change her out fit after  changing her to an adult just surgery,hair and make up. I thought the out fit she had on looked pretty good with the hat.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 22, 21:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite an improvement, though!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 22, 23:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite an improvement, though!
Definitely

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 23, 02:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sims have lips that absolutely ask for ripping.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 23, 03:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go for it.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 23, 04:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go for it.
Ditto and now I present the new and improved Karen Gast Nanny

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 23, 05:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my God she looks like my best friend's daughter all grown up!
Very nice.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 23, 07:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my God she looks like my best friend's daughter all grown up!
Very nice.
I did surgery and Make up on her first. and new hair.  then I rolled her age back to adult. after I saw her as an adult unlike Arcadia whose out fit was decent Karen had a hideous out fit so it was of to the wardrobe room where I picked out  her new out fit she is wearing.Im glad you approve I have  started on a few townies as well.on a similar note Shellie Just graduated from Uni and the game tried to give her this hideous stringy black hair when she transitioned to adult so I sent her to the mirror and put her hair and Hat back on her.
  Joel ,Xander,and Gvaudoin are ready for Uni but are waiting in their respective houses for Jory,Jude ,Samantha,Crystal and Dayna to peak out in the teen careers to go to Uni with full scholarships

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: