More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:17:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim Variations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Variations  (Read 5028 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Sim Variations
« on: 2005 November 22, 20:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an interesting thing I've observed:

Background: I have two sims with one outgoing point each. One was born in the game, one I invented. Born in the game sim has four siblings and a loving family. She's a knowledge sim. Created sim has no family and is a family sim.

They have similar personalities, both nice, though knowledge sim is more playful than family sim.

So here's what I observed: They dance differently. Family sim hunches into herself and does a hesitant little sidestep, which I think is very cute. Knowledge sim rocks out.

So, what I'm guessing here is, Knowledge sim danced with her sibs all the time in highschool and therefore overcame her fear of it? Or maybe just always being surrounded by people took away some of her shyness? I think of her as more introverted than straight-out shy, while Family sim is definitely shy. She can barely look up when she's talking to someone.

Just an example, as far as I can tell, of learned sim behavior.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sim Variations
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 22, 20:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know come to think of it  your correct. Sims in my game that had loving fun families have a tendency to have the same typ. of familiy when they have kids. My sim kids that have grown up with more sedate parents tend to be more sedate as adults

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 22, 20:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the type of dancing is determined by dancing skill. So w/ low dancing skill, sims don't really know how to dance, and dance awkwardly. The more a sim dances w/ other pple, the higher the dancing skill, and diff dancing animations are unlocked, and hence the better they dance...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 22, 20:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, in NL, we have the new Smustle dance, and sometimes sims will choose to do that when dancing to the stereo rather than the regular type of dancing we are used to seeing prior to Nightlife (with the bumping and grinding Shocked).
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 22, 21:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, it's true that she can't dance yet, but I have other sims who can't dance who do this spazz out thing that's nothing like her timid little two-step, so I'm thinking it's a combination ... and it's not the smustle. I've seen the unenthusiastic smustle, and that's not it.  Wink

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 22, 21:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do vary - a lot even. In my game, my favorite family that had 6 kids, the random roller got stuck (gotta hate when that happens) and the last 4 all had exactly the same personality points. They probably looked exactly alike as well, but I changed them so quickly to different hairstyles and clothes that it just seems like a family resemblance.

Either I decide what I want kids to be like (have something in mind for their lives) and offer toddler toys to work on the skills I want, or I want to see what they like so I offer all 3 toys and see what they play with and what wants they roll, and give them aspirations later that seem to match their personalities. With one of the 4, I needed something specific and forced it. With the other 3, I just let them go to see how they'd turn out.

They're all totally different beings - they have different wants and interests (the interests started off all the same as well. Really, all 4 kids were identical). One was creative - always wanting to dance and paint and play instruments, one was so big on logic that as a child I couldn't keep him off the chessboard even tho he'd max'd it out (he learned *really* fast - maybe a stuck smart milk, although they all had it and all were read to), one drove me insane by constantly bringing friends home and running outside to greet people if given half a chance.

The 4th, of course, got stuck being how I wanted her to or else, but the others I didn't influence, they just are themselves. Weird how that is.

Unsouper
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 22, 22:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds more like your family sim is right at the cusp on the shy meter. The 'hunched in' dance is what shy sims do. Increase the outgoing by one and see if it's the same dance.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 22, 23:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how, and even if I did I wouldn't. I like her the way she is.

I was just making an observation, is all.

I tend to play the hand I get, and anyway, in this case I made her that way on purpose.

Just wanted to start a philosophical conversation.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 23, 00:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how, and even if I did I wouldn't. I like her the way she is.

I was just making an observation, is all.

I tend to play the hand I get, and anyway, in this case I made her that way on purpose.

Just wanted to start a philosophical conversation.
personally philosophical or not Sims in the same family arent always alike even when they are the same birth sign.My Sim Justin is a Gemini with a boatload of nice points he was born that way in Brynnes game and his newborn niece Janet who was born in my game to Justin's youngest sister Colleen is also a Gemini wth only one nice point to her name.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 23, 03:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Serious sims tend to like playing chess.  They gain logic faster.  I find that more active sims tend to moan and groan at me when I send them to play chess or watch TV.  Playful sims gain creativity faster, and outgoing sims gain charisma faster.  Loki and Circe Beaker's little girl was maxed on outgoing, and she maxed out her Charisma on the rabbit toy with a day left before turning into a child.  Pascal and Nervous had a little girl who had no outgoing points and I gave her the logic blocks, and she maxed out her logic skill and has not turned into a child yet.  I was surprised because I've been playing Pleasantview and never had sims with such extreme personalities before, nor have I had a toddler to max a skill before reaching childhood.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 23, 04:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outgoing romance sims will moan or yawn if you tell them to "kiss hand" or "peck". Cute.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 23, 05:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outgoing romance sims will moan or yawn if you tell them to "kiss hand" or "peck". Cute.
Ive seen that in my game with Justin. but I want to hang Don Lothario From the highest Sim Tree in Romance city he calls up Gvaudoin Tricou a teen in My Neighborhood Daily and I have removed the crush/love flags twice from both of them no chemistry between them at all . but the wanna be Don Juan wont give up on her .
  I just love the glitches that occur Gvaudoin had a dream date  with Xander Kimball a sim that I got from Brynne.  she got the normal Roses for the dream date. the next night he snuck over with a pinball machine to thank Gvaudoin for Super outing that never occured. Grin 
   I just love the variation in the Born in Game Sims Im getting lately none of first baby syndrome is occurring in my game lately. all of my Sims now have distinctive personalities and are now being influenced buy their environement and family life.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: