More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:27:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to Torture Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to Torture Sims  (Read 48705 times)
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: How to Torture Sims
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 02, 08:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do ghosts persist between "saves"?  Given that the new game seems to strongly discourage any interaction between player-made sim families, I wonder if even ghosts stay on a lot if I sacrifice them all and then move another CAS family in...

In what way does the game discourage interaction between CAS families? Much of the game's strength, IMO, comes from the fact that it is so much easier to interact with different families that I've created.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
cheezwiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 03, 21:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  I can't even see other family "saves" on the map...  Maybe this is caused by tight pants issues.  I will poke around.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 03, 21:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  I can't even see other family "saves" on the map...  Maybe this is caused by tight pants issues.  I will poke around.

Well, if you're giving each family its own save, then no, you won't see them.  I just play families until I'm done/bored with them and then abandon them to their own devices elsewhere in the neighborhood.  In my current game, I'm on Gen 2, who happily go and see their parents whenever I want to check to make sure they (the parents) haven't spawned any new offspring.  They seem to be behaving themselves so far.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 04, 16:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Famous last words. I said that when I left my first gen home, thinking that with one spawn there the second gen kids would be happy. A week later, I returned to find someone pregnant. The next week, there's a teen, a toddler, and yet another baby (who didn't even have a place to sleep).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 04, 16:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current game, I'm on Gen 2, who happily go and see their parents whenever I want to check to make sure they (the parents) haven't spawned any new offspring.  They seem to be behaving themselves so far.

Good luck with that.  I left a couple of ghost sims resident at the Goth household, to prevent anyone moving in & spawning there (I may want to play the lot later).  So Gunther's ghost went and married Lolita's ghost and had a ghost child while my back was turned.

In the meantime, Morty Goth's ghost (on another lot) has adopted 3 (non-ghost) spawn.  I was waiting until the first one was past the baby/toddler stage before I was going to go back there to play the lot, since playing the "potty train/teach to talk/teach to walk" game is boring and so is the "bring the baby to the cake then put it on the floor so it can grow up then stomp everyone's queue to make them eat cake" dance, but then he goes and adopts a second baby before I realised that the first toddler was now a 6.  Then he did it again while I was waiting for the second toddler to reach childhood.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 08, 01:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe this is as good a place as any to ask this question, especially since it does pertain to the death of a sim, specifically, a townie. My sim received the opportunity to deliver the remains of a "beloved" to the science lab to have it analyzed, and while she was the first generation and didn't have any tombs or remains of a beloved on lot, I didn't think it was a problem. The next day I have my sim call up one of her lovers and I promptly locked the townie in a doorless room and intended of have her starve to death. A full sim week later, she's still alive. I had chosen starvation because I wouldn't be able to have the townie be electrocuted, drowned or set on fire as I'm sure I had read that once a townie was "selected" than you can't unselect it? Anyways, so I thought starvation would do the trick, but as I said, it didn't.

I just couldn't get this sim to die, so I expanded her box and put in a fireplace, some rugs and flammable side tables. Every thing catches fire quite nicely, but the fire doesn't seem to get an bigger than say, 5 by 5 tiles. The fire would move to burn other pieces of furniture, but never spread and simply get bigger. Even with moveobjects on I filled the entire box with tables thinking that the townie wouldn't be able to move around and thusly escape the fire, well I was wrong. The townie would shriek and dance and pee herself, but managed to evade being caught of fire every single time. The rugs caught fire at least five times, and even after another sim week, the townie is still alive. I never had this much trouble killing off sims in TS2. I figured that perhaps the townie had food in her pockets and was eating that? Sometimes she would get the "OMG FEED ME NAO!" bubble over her head, but has yet to kick the bucket. What the hell is going on?

I also want to mention an annoyance with fire. As soon as a fire starts, all sims on the lot drop whatever they're doing to stand around and worry their pixally little hearts out, never mind that it's not even in the same building. I can't cancel out the "FIRE!" action and tell them to go back to sleep, or use the toilet, or anything. After the fifth fire this was starting to become very annoying.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 08, 10:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure why you're having so much trouble killing an NPC, the only one I tried to kill was the papergirl because she always kicked my flamingos.  Unfortunately she just teleported out of the prison room I made for her.  As for the opportunity, you can just go to the graveyard and pick up one of the tombstones.  Just remember, whoever you pick will become a playable ghost living in your house.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 08, 15:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can happily report that 6s are fully mortal. I drowned a 6 neighbor because her number came up (story progression has nothing on me). She died just like any other sim.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 June 08, 16:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure why you're having so much trouble killing an NPC, the only one I tried to kill was the papergirl because she always kicked my flamingos.  Unfortunately she just teleported out of the prison room I made for her.  As for the opportunity, you can just go to the graveyard and pick up one of the tombstones.  Just remember, whoever you pick will become a playable ghost living in your house.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just balking at the thought of playable ghosts, though. Argh, Eaxis! *shakesfist*
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 June 09, 04:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a Sim with no handiness skill try to fix the dishwasher. He was electrocuted twice, the second time he died.
The "Singed" moodlet specifically says that you shouldn't electrocute them again while they're still singed.  So I think the second shock is usually fatal if you haven't washed the first one off in the shower.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Frank
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 June 09, 17:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone try burning down an entire street yet?Hope we can get a "Start fire here" menu like we have with the Insim for Sims 2,lol. Ok, lets start a fire across the street,then onto the next house, and so forth............Sims Wildfire!
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 09, 22:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone try burning down an entire street yet?Hope we can get a "Start fire here" menu like we have with the Insim for Sims 2,lol. Ok, lets start a fire across the street,then onto the next house, and so forth............Sims Wildfire!
Doubt it is possible unless some makes some hack, Pyromaniacs can start fires, but typically it goes out too quickly and only stays on one tile.

Frank
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 June 16, 19:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but seeing a pic or vid of an entire street on fire and seeing the simmies running around bonkers would be a gas.......no offense to anyone who actually has had this experience.
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 June 16, 21:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried drowning myself again it does indeed work but as i thought they still try to escape.  To keep them in the pool long enough to drown you need to box it in to prevent escape.

My Sim was fatigued from working out.  I had him hop into the pool to go swimming.  He died fairly quickly with all his motives in green.  A moodlet popped up about not being able to breath under water and needing air, but he happily just kept swimming.  He never attempted to leave the pool and seemed quite content to swim around.  When the timer on the moodlet reached zero he drowned.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: