More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:06:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to Torture Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to Torture Sims  (Read 48707 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: How to Torture Sims
« Reply #25 on: 2009 May 31, 23:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except both she and the window are within the fenced area.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 May 31, 23:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that it appears to be night.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 May 31, 23:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right... I totally knew that.

* InsanityPrelude shuts up.
Maximillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 May 31, 23:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair, it was nighttime, the streetlight right outside her home notwithstanding.

Was there a glitch in TS2 where light couldn't pass through custom fences or something, or am I just going mad from watching an insane, unlucky, hydro/technophobic, grumpy Sim stand in several plates of rotting food?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 May 31, 23:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maximillian, if she's just standing there, she's unlikely to trigger death by flies.  In Sims 2 it was triggered by Sims stepping OVER trash on the floor.  Make her walk back and forth.  If she never steps over something, I'm betting death by flies won't happen.  If she does, then just keep going.

I don't know if plates of food would trigger death by flies in TS2. I was only able to get it with trash piles.

Hook

diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 May 31, 23:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he's been standing here with no hygiene, fun, or social for a good week in-game. he has full red mood with all negative moodlets. i keep his hunger and energy up a little so he doesn't die that way.

leads me to believe there's no general death by bad mood/stress.

Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 01, 00:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if plates of food would trigger death by flies in TS2. I was only able to get it with trash piles.
I confirm it. I was checking if it worked... It did. Cheesy
Maximillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 01, 00:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purpose:
The presence of Death by Flies in TS3 will be determined.
Same with the amount of free time on my hands.

Materials:
'Foul/Putrid/Horrifying' quality Autumn Salads and Waffles I found in the fridge
Gratuitous trash from rummaging
Stinky cheese, because aren't there supposed to be rats in this game somewhere?
The Corridor of Gaudy Flydeath
Our unwilling volunteer, Avengine Masters (Figure 1)

Design:
independent variable: hygiene level (some bugs prefer Squeaky Clean people) - generally kept near empty as the subject kept urinating herself
constants: depleted Social/Fun, low Hunger/Energy/Bladder
                no light/windows
                roof
                no Free Will

Procedure:
i. Corridor of Gaudy Flydeath was filled with a (un)healthy amount of trash and rotting plates (Figure 2)
ii. Subject was placed inside the Corridor
iii. Subject was made to walk back and forth (thanks Hook) across the corridor until death or the observer's boredom (Figure 3)

Observations:

-subject's traits are: Insane, Unlucky, Hydrophobic, Technophobe (no, not Technophobic--that would be grammatically correct), Grumpy
-during the experiment, the subject recieved an opportunity to 'Deliver 4 Very Nice Harvestables to Wertz Hangover'
-although outside the scope of this experiment, the subject's ability to urinate projectiles was observed (Figure 4 - annotated in the name of Science)
-subject was unable to succumb to energy desperation in the one tile-wide corridor
-subject did not wish for ESCAPE FROM THIS CRUEL AND UNETHICAL HELL, but to 'Get a Raise' and 'Go to the Spa'
-at one point, the subject actually CAUGHT A BLOODY FLY AND ATE IT (Figure 5) because she is completely bollocksing insane and in hunger desperation

Conclusions:

-Death by Flies is either obsolete in TS3, or else so aggravatingly hard to witness that the chances of seeing it in the course of regular gameplay are akin to those of EAxis making a respectable successor to TS2 in terms of...well, ways to die.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I miss FlyDeath.  Sad

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 01, 01:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh now that's what you call science.  To be honest i always thought death by flies was hard to get in sims 2.  Death by flies will be listed as obsolete until proven otherwise.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 01, 02:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh!!  Who said this game wasn't fun? Cheesy

Hook

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 01, 02:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no death by flies. Sims can only die in the most generic ways, by starving, drowning, burning, or possibly being electrocuted. They can also be killed by Story Mode.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 01, 02:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no death by flies. Sims can only die in the most generic ways, by starving, drowning, burning, or possibly being electrocuted. They can also be killed by Story Mode.

Figures they would have less death types than in the original TS2.  Although story mode is a new one hehe.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 01, 03:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to kill sims with drowning (blue watery ghost), fire (orange-red ghost), starvation (purple-pink ghost), and old age (white-sparkly ghost).
Unlucky sims cannot be killed by the first three (fire, water, starvation), well they can be killed but the stupid Grim Reaper resurrects them for his amusement.
It is really hard to kill a sim with fire, I made a 3x3 room with lit fireplaces in 7 of the 9 tiles, put a chair in the middle, and used the largest carpet (with moveobjects on cheat). Sims can't die by fire while sitting, they have to stand up, thus the 7 of 9 tiles with fireplaces.
I've had one sim last 3 sim days before starving :/ in a box.
Really easy to kill with water, just box in the pool and wait for them to tire.
You can use the testingcheatsenabled cheat to "age up" sims to old-age death.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 June 01, 03:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Electrocution - Still in will require low handiness though

My first sim had a fairly high mechanical rating and was upgrading a stove... while standing in a puddle from a leaky faucet.  He got electrocuted and died 4 times in a row.  But the grim reaper kept letting him not die.  I dunno if that was because he was my only sim in the household or if it was because I had planted a death flower... or most likely just good luck.  (Or maybe it was because he had the unlucky trait... as the message kept saying something about how the grim reaper would let me live because my sim f*ing up was humorous to him.  Don't remember the exact message).  After the 4th attempt and immediate death I realized that standing knee deep in water probably wasn't a good time to stick my metal screwdriver into the nearest socket.

Anyway, I think you CAN kill off sims with high handiness through electrocution if you have them repair/upgrade electrical items while standing on a puddle.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 June 01, 03:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright i added the stuff thanks guys.  It looks like unlucky sims can die from anything except old age and be ressurected.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 June 01, 03:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first sim had a fairly high mechanical rating and was upgrading a stove... while standing in a puddle from a leaky faucet.  He got electrocuted and died 4 times in a row.  But the grim reaper kept letting him not die.  I dunno if that was because he was my only sim in the household or if it was because I had planted a death flower... or most likely just good luck.  (Or maybe it was because he had the unlucky trait... as the message kept saying something about how the grim reaper would let me live because my sim f*ing up was humorous to him.  Don't remember the exact message).  After the 4th attempt and immediate death I realized that standing knee deep in water probably wasn't a good time to stick my metal screwdriver into the nearest socket.

Anyway, I think you CAN kill off sims with high handiness through electrocution if you have them repair/upgrade electrical items while standing on a puddle.
What was the color of the ghost before the grim reaper resed him? I've never had anyone die from electrocution, mainly because they are typically handy, and it would be hard to test for it :/. I dunno if it's relevant, but instead of having LTW on the tombstone, it is now how they died. Ghosts and their children USUALLY carry around tombstones, but I've had two spawn that were born without one.

Oh, and you can't kill ghosts the way they died originally. I've only tested it with starvation ghosts though, they wouldn't die of starvation even when I moved the bar to empty.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 03:54:53 by gumbyscout » Logged

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 June 01, 05:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember the color... but I do remember that I was given the ability to interact with the grim reaper during my brief ghostly state.  (although nothing much happened since the grim reaper was too busy not killing me)  I tried to recreate it with a sim that wasn't unlucky.  He had 1 handiness skill to start with... tinkered with a stove while standing in a puddle until he was level 3 and never got zapped.  My unlucky sim had died immediately.

So... I'm guessing only unlucky sims die that way... or at least sims that don't have the unlucky trait very rarely die from tinkering while standing in a puddle.  Which is really too bad.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 June 01, 06:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About this electrocution matter. I had a set of stereos break down and my sim with max handiness tried to fix them. He got electrocuted but didn't die, so I tried to make him fix them again and this time he got electrocuted fatally. Looks like even max handiness may not save your sims from frying to death.

gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 June 01, 06:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally killed a sim via electrocution. It's really easy if you have a technophobe sim in the household who can sabotage electrical items. Then you have the sim who is going to repair the object wet themselves and then attempt the repair while standing in their puddle.

Here is a picture of all the ghosts Tongue. From the left to right, Electrocution, Starvation, Drowning, Fire, and Old Age.

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 June 01, 06:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally killed a sim via electrocution. It's really easy if you have a technophobe sim in the household who can sabotage electrical items. Then you have the sim who is going to repair the object wet themselves and then attempt the repair while standing in their puddle.

In Sims 2 as far as i know you could still get killed at max mechanical but it was extremely unlikely.  I assume it's the same thing with sims 3.  Since the only time i've ever had someone get electricuted repeatedly was with low skill.

Here is a picture of all the ghosts Tongue. From the left to right, Electrocution, Starvation, Drowning, Fire, and Old Age.

Haha nice work, truly nice work.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 June 01, 06:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that it appears to be night.

ROFFLE.  Cheesy

Heh. Well played, gumby.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 June 01, 15:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tried scaring a sim to death??just a random thought
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 June 02, 05:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You cannot kill ghost sims. They cannot starve to death, feel the effect of flames(they don't even get the "on fire" moodlet), or be electrocuted fatally(instead of being electroced fatally, the tile they are standing on bursts into flames), or drown (they get the "drowning" moodlet, but it goes away after a while, like they just got bored of drowning :/). They can however "return to netherworld" by clicking on the tombstone in their inventories, or they can die of oldage. Dying of oldage isn't excatly dying of oldage, they just "lose their connection to this realm" or something like that.

Here are the five tombstones. Some pre-dead sims have better ones, like Erik Darling (Mrs. Crumblebottom's lover).

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 June 02, 06:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tried scaring a sim to death??just a random thought

Tried using your Shift key to make capital letters? Just a random thought.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cheezwiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 June 02, 07:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do ghosts persist between "saves"?  Given that the new game seems to strongly discourage any interaction between player-made sim families, I wonder if even ghosts stay on a lot if I sacrifice them all and then move another CAS family in...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: