More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 14:36:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An alternative way of touristifying CAS sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An alternative way of touristifying CAS sims?  (Read 3993 times)
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
An alternative way of touristifying CAS sims?
« on: 2009 May 31, 17:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to make my own locals and tourists for a clean vacation 'hood. The locals were easy enough to make with Argon's townie brick, but as the brick can't be used for tourists and the NPC gun can't be used at all, apparently, I'm stuck.

My studies tell me that EAxis borked the NPC gun at some point so that the relevant menu (Make Vacation Sim > Tourist) lists each and every townie/dormie/NPC ten times, and the two times I've tried it anyway, it made the game crash to desktop without an error message. This happened at roughly the three billionth click. Tongue So even if I had the patience to click away until I get to my intended tourist (I'd like to make about 20), I might not be able to.

So is there any other way to make CAS sims into tourists - in SimPE, perhaps? I couldn't find anything in the SimPE forums or tutorials section. Any help at all is muchly appreciated!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 18:55:10 by Mmmary » Logged
tryclyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: An alternative way of touristifying CAS sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 31, 18:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember that Lion had a work-around that may help.  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9915.0.html

Then cat rang his own bell.  I ate food.
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 31, 18:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yeah, I did see that actually. The trouble is that I'm using something by Pescado (antiredundancy?) that only spawns one tour guide, one bellhop, one local etc. per vacation 'hood, but no tourists. So I don't have an original tourist family to infest. :/

ETA: Oh, but hang on. I could probably spawn a tourist with the gun. Duh. *runs off to experiment*
mibsywibsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 01, 06:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's Teleporter Cat for Apartment Life handles those functions quite well: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Teleporters.htm

AVAST YE NERDS
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 04, 14:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip! I don't have AL, but after consulting Inge I ventured to try the Teleporter anyway. Alas, it doesn't work either.

I've now burninated all the tourists-to-be that I had made in CAS and tinkered with - just in case - and made one new test sim in CAS. I teleported him onto a playable's lot, made him selectable and turned him into a tourist with the teleporter, and he left the lot. I next sent the playable on vacation, but the test sim still does not turn up at the hotel nor the community lots. Sad

I have no idea what is wrong. There shouldn't be anything preventing my tourists from appearing in the vacation hood - I checked the Visitor Controller and everything. The bellhop tells me that other sims are now going to start checking into the hotel, but no one ever comes. What to do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: