More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 14:56:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Priceless - A reported Sims 3 event that brought tears to my eyes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Priceless - A reported Sims 3 event that brought tears to my eyes  (Read 30184 times)
OverCoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Priceless - A reported Sims 3 event that brought tears to my eyes
« on: 2009 May 31, 12:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted yesterday on the thread "My Baby Disappeared!" in the new Sims 3 Forum
(You can't register as a member unless you register your game.)
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/281.page

I don't know if this is a bug or an on purpose, but my Sim baby was kidnapped! My Sim had a friend over. He was holding her toddler. When she told him to leave, he walked out of the house with the baby, it disappeared from the family and it's gone. A little bit later the game said that the toddler and her mom were no longer friends because the mom never called her but the toddler doesn't have a phone to call... and where did she go!? I tried to have my Sim invite her friend over again but he came without the toddler. I tried having the babysitter come in the hopes that the babysitter would somehow find and bring back the baby. Still nothing! She's just gone!

Damn that's funny.
OverCoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Priceless - A reported Sims 3 event that brought tears to my eyes
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 31, 13:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this happened in Sims 2, you could use a teleporter hack or SimPE to get it back.
Tanatha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 31, 13:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true, I registered using my Sims 2 username and it lets me use the forums and other things (user pages, stories, movies, etc.).   Under User Settings on my Sims3 page, I can plug in the registration if and when I get the game.

Maximillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 31, 14:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be more apt to call that a 'feature'.

There's one less spawn that family has to cope with.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
OverCoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 31, 15:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true, I registered using my Sims 2 username and it lets me use the forums and other things (user pages, stories, movies, etc.).   Under User Settings on my Sims3 page, I can plug in the registration if and when I get the game.

Maybe that was true when you tried, but I just tried at the forum section and couldn't complete registration w/o recording a serial number for the Sims 3, which I don't have yet.

Our fam has decided to get it on June 2, the curiosity is too strong to resist, and I've decided to think of it as a different game that's not the Sims 2, but similar. Will I like it more? Don't know, but I think it might be fun, at least for awhile.
Mimisims
Asinine Airhead

Yep, that's me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 31, 15:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did I but all I can do is look at the forums and read other people's stuff.  It won't let me interact.  It says I must register my game first to use it.
Tanatha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 31, 15:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that was true when you tried, but I just tried at the forum section and couldn't complete registration w/o recording a serial number for the Sims 3, which I don't have yet.

Our fam has decided to get it on June 2, the curiosity is too strong to resist, and I've decided to think of it as a different game that's not the Sims 2, but similar. Will I like it more? Don't know, but I think it might be fun, at least for awhile.

Weird, I registered yesterday and everything still works for me.
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 31, 17:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fantastic! A way to get rid of unwanted children without the pesky negative moodlets.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 31, 21:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to my brother the other day.  The damn babysitter kidnapped his baby.  He tried searching through all the houses with no luck.  My guess is it's gone for good.
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 31, 22:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Old news is old. It was reported here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14987.msg431740.html#msg431740

[...]

Right after the cake, the party ended, and the guy had a popup that said "Thanks for the great time! I have to be going now" then proceeded to leave, with the baby in his arms! After a few minutes, the baby's picture disappeared from the family panel and was never seen again.. He was still in the relationships, and family tree and even the loading screen picture, but in reality he didn't exist anymore. I invited the kidnapper over several times, visited his house, made him selectable, and the baby was nowhere to be found. It was strange though, that when the dad was out patrolling for his job, the baby's picture would move up to the front of the relationship tab, as if he were near him, but I never found him.

I kept thinking I would stumble across the poor thing on the road or sidewalk somewhere eventually lol. Since thats what the parents did with him when they were in town.. But I never found him, so I gave up.

[...]

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 31, 23:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like this to stay as a feature personally. Unfortunately it won't, but it should also come with an option to "report missing child" and possibly get the kid back.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 31, 23:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a feature it should be able to make sense, as in a special burglar that steals your kids, not a sim that involuntarily deletes your kids.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 01, 00:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read in another thread, that you can use the 'resetSim FirstName LastName' cheat.
I'm not sure if this would help in this case. Might be worth a shot though.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 01, 01:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a feature it should be able to make sense, as in a special burglar that steals your kids, not a sim that involuntarily deletes your kids.

But children are quite often abducted by family members, seemingly random psychos and yes, even neighbors. You want a special Pedobear NPC? The same one over and over? The fact that it's the same guy and he repeatedly takes peoples' kids would make no sense to me, as he should have been arrested. Now, if I could somehow manage to make sims purposely take children, and then the child ends up on the lot of the abductor, that I could work with. Then I would make a gypsy camp. Yay, Romani stereotyping.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 08:14:50 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 01, 01:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims don't react to the baby missing, do they? That's what makes this seem like it isn't a feature. There's no reaction from anyone that a child is now missing.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 01, 01:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember in the beginning TS2 also had the huge bug, where the visitors went away with your babies, and they disappeared. EA is constant in bugs, apparently.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 01, 02:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, you're remembering right.  Sims 2 did have that bug until the first patch.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 01, 02:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least in TS3 it can go the other way.  I had once had a sim over who wanted to use his own laptop.  The thing is my house only has one desk, which one of my sim is already sitting at, so the sim pulled out his laptop, put it on my table and couldn't use it.  So he got stuck for a bit and then it is time for him to leave, so he walked out without his computer. I click on the computer and it works as if I had bought it, so I just let my sim have that laptop.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 01, 03:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like this to stay as a feature personally. Unfortunately it won't, but it should also come with an option to "report missing child" and possibly get the kid back.

... with a better chance of success if you put a collar on the brat first.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
OverCoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 01, 07:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love two ideas I read on this thread

~ Family reacts when child is kidnapped

~ Family can report child missing.

And oh yea, I'd add maybe a bunch of faces on a missing milk carton as a hack object to click on and get kid back... or not.

Mwah-hah-hah!

(Hint, hint, Pescado)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 01, 15:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that it's an obvious coding error, and one that is hardly new to the series. I don't get why this is supposed to be so shocking. It's a good thing they gave us the resetsim cheat, as it seems to be needed frequently. I haven't had as many troubles as others, but I've had the occasional guest who says goodbye for the night and proceeds to stand on the porch, bitching about low motives, until 4 in the morning.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 01, 18:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least in TS3 it can go the other way.  I had once had a sim over who wanted to use his own laptop.  The thing is my house only has one desk, which one of my sim is already sitting at, so the sim pulled out his laptop, put it on my table and couldn't use it.  So he got stuck for a bit and then it is time for him to leave, so he walked out without his computer. I click on the computer and it works as if I had bought it, so I just let my sim have that laptop.

Well, a female sim I was playing invited a male over to build a relationship with and when he arrived he had a toddler with him.  I went into buy mode and bought a baby bed so that he could put it down while they interacted.  When it came time for him to leave he walked out and left the child!!!  Now she's stuck with this toddler which she will feed but mainly just ignores.  I invited him back to try to get him to take the child but he won't.
Mikkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 01, 19:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a female sim I was playing invited a male over to build a relationship with and when he arrived he had a toddler with him.  I went into buy mode and bought a baby bed so that he could put it down while they interacted.  When it came time for him to leave he walked out and left the child!!!  Now she's stuck with this toddler which she will feed but mainly just ignores.  I invited him back to try to get him to take the child but he won't.
lmao have you tried switching to his household and see if the toddler is missing there? If so, maybe the guy can just pick up the kid when you play him.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 01, 19:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't dare switch households.  I'm afraid of what might happen while I'm away from this one.  Right now I never switch households, I just copy the town and create new sims I want to play.  That way I just name each save as the person I am playing.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 01, 20:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that it's an obvious coding error, and one that is hardly new to the series. I don't get why this is supposed to be so shocking. It's a good thing they gave us the resetsim cheat, as it seems to be needed frequently. I haven't had as many troubles as others, but I've had the occasional guest who says goodbye for the night and proceeds to stand on the porch, bitching about low motives, until 4 in the morning.

Well of course, but it is at least something that we can have a little fun with until someone fixes it. Especially since they leave the kids behind on lots, and for the most part they don't just disappear into the ether like they did in Sims2.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: