More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:10:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Might be helpfull for people with overheating issues. Frame rate limiter
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Might be helpfull for people with overheating issues. Frame rate limiter  (Read 68684 times)
Bakermiaz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Might be helpfull for people with overheating issues. Frame rate limiter
« on: 2009 May 31, 08:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://rapidshare.com/files/160642187/FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33935231
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 07:24:13 by Bakermiaz » Logged
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: might be helpfull ? or not ? frame rate limiter
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 31, 14:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that turning off Vsync significantly increases performance on any pc game I've ever played. Some say it causes graphic issues but I've never noticed any, just a faster game.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 31, 14:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that turning off Vsync significantly increases performance on any pc game I've ever played. Some say it causes graphic issues but I've never noticed any, just a faster game.

I might be a Noob and sheep but at least I'm up on current problems and happenings with TS3. Maybe you should go read a few other threads and learn why he posted this.

Then learn, as I'm am trying to do, not to open your mouth and put your foot in it up to the hip.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 31, 15:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ran some tests on ultra speed with and without it.

average sim time passed in 1 real time minute.

zoomed in on sim activity.

without fps limiter
2 hours 15 minutes

fps limited to 30:
2 hours 50 minutes

in general the game feels more responsive and less sluggish.
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 31, 18:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be a Noob and sheep but at least I'm up on current problems and happenings with TS3. Maybe you should go read a few other threads and learn why he posted this.

Then learn, as I'm am trying to do, not to open your mouth and put your foot in it up to the hip.

What the fuck you talking about dickwad? You're just another idiot who wants to sound off without thinking first. Read my post. I was merely helping out people who might have sluggish games running. Turning off Vsync can increase performance. You're an idiot for trying to flame me for giving a helpful post. Arsehole.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 31, 18:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 31, 19:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the fuck you talking about dickwad? You're just another idiot who wants to sound off without thinking first. Read my post. I was merely helping out people who might have sluggish games running. Turning off Vsync can increase performance. You're an idiot for trying to flame me for giving a helpful post. Arsehole.

80% of the people are having overheating problems with TS3 due to FPS (If you had read the forums and posts contained there in you would know this). I can see why they should turn Vsync off to help increase their overheating problem. You're just another dumbass that is trying to cover his own ass, n00b. Learn to read before you spout, fuckwad. Butthurt much?
Interfection
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 31, 19:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tool helped my game run much more smoothly.  Thanks for sharing.
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 31, 20:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

80% of the people are having overheating problems with TS3 due to FPS (If you had read the forums and posts contained there in you would know this). I can see why they should turn Vsync off to help increase their overheating problem. You're just another dumbass that is trying to cover his own ass, n00b. Learn to read before you spout, fuckwad. Butthurt much?

Turning off Vsync does not cause overheating you fucking dumbass butty boy. You're just some little geek prick who thinks he knows it all. You know jackshit.
I've never had an overheated card or cpu and I always turn off Vsync. Your momma done teached you wrong boy. Whatever you say, you're wrong so don't waste yourself. Suck it up and learn.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 21:07:45 by Dizzymental » Logged
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 31, 21:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turning off Vsync does not cause overheating you fucking dumbass butty boy. You're just some little geek prick who thinks he knows it all. You know jackshit.
I've never had an overheated card or cpu and I always turn off Vsync. Your momma done teached you wrong boy. Whatever you say, you're wrong so don't waste yourself. Suck it up and learn.

Vsync matches your monitors refresh rate/frequency, with a 3D applications frame rate.

In other words, It doesn't let your frame rate go above your monitors refresh rate.

85 Hz. = 85 FPS
100 Hz. = 100 FPS
and so on.

TS3 has a problem with frame rates running high and causing problems with overheating. This isn't about other games, n00b, this is about TS3. Take your dwadle else where and learn what you're speaking of. LURK MOAR assmunch.

Edit: Fixed spelling mistake.

Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 31, 21:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're talking shit butty boy. You think you can make up stuff now and say oh it's down to Sims 3, Sims 3 runs differently. You're just trying to defend your crap. Like I said, you know jackshit. You're talking out of your arse. Turning off Vsync is recommended just about everywhere, on every gaming forum and even by EA themselves. So go Google Vsync and do some research before you spout off your crap. Prick.

« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 21:17:05 by Dizzymental » Logged
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 31, 21:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're talking shit butty boy. You think you can make up stuff now and say oh it's down to Sims 3, sims 3 runs differently. Pull the other one. Idiot.

Nice try, try harder. This entire category is about TS3. Again, read the forums and you too can understand what is going on beyond your little self absorbed world. Had you even said something about helping people with a sluggish TS3 in your first post it would have made some sense. Instead you come in and say what you did when there is a thread about people having problems with overheating because of the FPS in TS3.

Go crawl back in your hole and hide like the rest of us n00bs should be.

Edit: I love when they edit their post as you're replying. Additional edit for spelling. Sad

In response to his addition, the above is from Googe and Tomshardware page. The suggested method is to leave Vsync on and change the refresh rate of your monitor until any tearing you see is gone. Limiting FPS = smoother game play in most cases. Notice I didn't say all. Try harder!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 21:53:23 by mickeyjr » Logged
Killallah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 31, 21:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vsync being off helps it go at a higher framerate then the monitor's set refresh rate. Most people are not able to hit 60fps in the Sims 3 so Vsync has little to no effect. Those that are able to hit it several are having overheating issues. Limiting the framerate to 30 is still playable(Its under 30 that is sluggish) it can help lower temps. So you are both right to some extent. Turning Vsync off is great if you have no issues or on game with too fast frames(not common).

To refer to Sims 3 turning it off and limiting the frames contradicts each other. So either using a framelimiter with or without Vsync it won't matter the new limit will be with what you set in the limiter. Vsync is a fpslimiter as is, but to the refresh rate of your monitor, however seeing that is too high and causes high temps with tons of people the need to lower that further using this program can help.
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 31, 22:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou Killallah. The idiot poster is rude and obnoxious, so IT gets a rude reply in kind.  My post has nothing to do with overheating. People are paranoid lately 'bout overheating. Jeeeeesus! I've no idea why the moron keeps referring to me as a noob, since I worked for years as a computer programmer for a well known games company (which I'm not going to mention here).  Anyway, nuff said. People can Google Vsync and see for themselves what I'm chatting about.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 May 31, 23:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When this thread inevitably gets moved to RL, can someone keep the original post here?  The FPS Limiter has actually been very useful on my ATI card, crash-prone computer and I'm sure others like me would appreciate the link.  Maybe that post should be moved to the technical problems thread instead.

Couple of notes about the FPS Limiter:
-  The useful part of the readme is in German, making it slightly less helpful.
-  My computer was consistently running at 78-82°C and crashing every few hours; after changing the FPS to 30 with the FPS Limiter, it is now running 5-10 degrees cooler and I haven't had a crash to desktop yet.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 May 31, 23:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we are all missing the main issue, which is that Bakermiaz is clearly a sock of Methven. No two people could BOTH be so stupid about punctuation.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 01, 05:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Show me.
Miellerie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Might be helpfull for people with overheating issues. Frame rate limiter
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 01, 09:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this. In case anyone else is as blind as I was, the .bat created is actually in the FPS Limiter folder, not the game exe folder  Cheesy
Viviane
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 01, 15:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this!

With vsynch off = 210+ fps average / GPU = 97°C (fan on silent mode)
With vsynch on = 60fps / GPU = 67°C
With the FPS Limiter tool  = 42fps / GPU = 52°C

Q6600 @ 2,4GHz, 8800GT 512Mo, 3Go RAM, XP/Vista.
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 02, 06:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may also find this article useful:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_9.html
Bakermiaz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 02, 08:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I was getting  67°C with vsync on I wouldn't bother with this limiter Viviane.

My old computers graphics card (nVidia 6800) was getting core temperatures up to 127°C.
I am surprised it hasn't died on me yet like my older ATI9800 pro.

The one I use now (nVidia 8800) is just a little above 90°C while gaming, with its fan duty cycle at 100%.
I like to keep things quite, fan 60-70% and temperatures under 80°C.  The limiter helps me do this.

Sounds like you don't have any overheating problem.
Your card is running cooler while gaming than mine is when just idle at the desktop, which it does at  76°C

Viviane
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 02, 12:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to keep my GPU under 60°C. I am glad to know that 70/80° is ok. Thanks  Smiley

Usually my GPU temp are : 44° idle / 58° while gaming (mostly MMO's).
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 02, 18:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind. Somehow my comp picked up a virus between yesterday + today. A virus scan fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 19:18:06 by idtaminger » Logged
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 02, 22:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only seemed to get overheating on the loading screen and menus, which seemed utterly bizarre to me. However, this tool seems to have completely fixed that problem. I guess the loading screen just wanted a high fps for whatever reason.

Thanks!
Tacuitacitum
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 05, 15:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent - from 99% GPU usage to 23%. Very nice. Thankee.

I couldn't get it to work at first with ATI Tray Tool's onscreen display on. For anyone using that, you may need to turn it off first. (osd, not the entire program.)

Yes, getting 1409fps at movie and 600 at menus wasn't really neccessary, since I notice no difference between that and 60.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: