More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 00:17:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  DC Backup
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: DC Backup  (Read 8337 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
DC Backup
« on: 2009 September 18, 22:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the DC Backup folder in the documents folder? Is it safe to delete its contents? Also, I am assuming when someone states it is safe to delete all caches that it is safe to delete the contents of the World Cache folder and the DC Cache folder. Or do I assume too much?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: DC Backup
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 18, 23:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DCBackup is garbage, delete everything in it, always and without question. Do NOT delete the DCCache folder, that is where the actual downloads are stored. The Worldcache folder can be optionally cleared if it is growing too bloated, but generally should be left alone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 18, 23:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, JM.  Can I delete all 'saves' except the current one?
« Last Edit: 2009 September 18, 23:36:48 by shadow » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 19, 03:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any "Saves" or "Library" files may be deleted for any reason, backup or otherwise, as long as you don't mind never seeing them again. This is usually the entire point of deleting things, but some people seem unclear on this point. None of these files have functional value to the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 19, 04:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, again. I'm never sure what I can delete and not bork the game. I don't like a lot of 'stuff' that is useless hanging around. I like things neat (except, like you, I see no point in making beds)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 19, 04:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like a lot of 'stuff' that is useless hanging around. I like things neat (except, like you, I see no point in making beds)
Except? This description seems pretty much exactly like me.

Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 19, 11:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(except, like you, I see no point in making beds)
=/=
(except, unlike you, I see no point in making beds)

INEPT INTP
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 21, 22:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be ok to delete your DDCache folder if I want to wipe and reinstall all my .sims3pack files correct?

My current problem is that I have "deleted" content via the launcher that is now gone from my downloads folder and is not showing up in the launcher anymore, but is still showing up in my game.   If I have kept all the downloaded sims3pack files that I DO want,  can I just delete the DCCache folder and then reinstall all the files I do want via the launcher again?  

Will that rid the game of the offending items that are still in my game even though the launcher lies and says they are not?  

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: