More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:50:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Share pix / vidz of THE HORROR here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Share pix / vidz of THE HORROR here  (Read 297133 times)
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Share pix / vidz of THE HORROR here
« Reply #25 on: 2009 May 31, 16:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@beear:

I seriously envy your graphics card. Sad My game slows to a crawl if I set Draw Distance and Tree Textures to anything other than the lowest setting, so when I pan over the town, all I see is faded buildings. Oh well; at least it makes for realistic 'foggy' weather.

I had my first-gen sim spawn with Gunther Goth. The offspring doesn't look...half bad:

Gave her a makeover, because her traits were 'Charismatic, Daredevil, Genius and Light-Sleeper'. Daredevil is pretty useless, imho, save for the occasional moodlet from 'being daring'.

Spawn of my other first-gen sim posing with his ghost father. He was born with the fat slider maxed, I think, but after he reached level 10 Athletic (from various cardio/strength exercises), the fat turned into muscle.

Taking a bath. Apparently if your sims have the 'Never Nude' trait, they take baths/showers in their swimwear - which is why the mosaic censor isn't showing.

My original first-gen sim - she has the hopeless romantic trait, and does this a lot.

Screenshot of the crappy bungalow I built in under a minute.
Mimisims
Asinine Airhead

Yep, that's me!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 May 31, 16:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://
Amazing how we all started off with the same town, yet as the days go past they take their own paths and individuality starts to take over... Cheesy

So true!  I also must say that I don't see how people can look at these pics and not like the game.  I'm discovering new things I didn't know existed yet just by looking at them!  The money tree, the gnome, awesome stuff!  I cannot wait to discover these things too!

Here are a couple from my game (hope I do this right):

Agnes Crumplebottom Before:

Agnes Crumplebottom New:

The Kitchen:

The Livingroom:

Jealous much?

Pretty Lighthouse Scene:

Pretty Scenery:

I LOVE this feature:

AH! To catch a fish!

The baby's coming!

I like to paint

Learning new recipes:
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 17:12:54 by Mimisims » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 May 31, 16:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remake of the "Cabin Fever" house. I am using printscreen and the game doesn't allow "tab" to be used on empty lots in build/buy mode. Sorry can't figure out how to get rid of the grid lines.  Most of my homes have basements, this one does too, but not finished. Keeping the price low.
My One Familytm is living there right now, and I'm rehabbing it. I've just been cutting the inside, though, and retexturing for favorite colors. Sealed off the dining area after moving a wall to make the kitchen bigger so that future spawn can use the former dining room as a bedroom. Then made an entry into the kitchen from the hall, which required some tweaking with the master bedroom entrance. It needs a little game shed in the back yard, but for what? All we really have are the foosball and chess tables.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 May 31, 17:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I make basements on foundation homes. Put whatever extras down there. I like the idea of a fun shed. Hmm...

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Mimisims
Asinine Airhead

Yep, that's me!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 May 31, 17:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sunhair, I love Justine!!!

Guys, having a baby with a ghost is the same as having a baby with a human?

My Agnes hasn't given birth to her baby with Erik the Ghost Dad yet, but yes, I believe so.  Once your ghost is controllable, he works just like a living sim, so I would assume the babies you have will work the same as regular ones too. 

One unique thing about the ghosts:  Instead of hearing sim-like talk coming from them, they always have a ghostly-aura sound - sort of musical ghostly sound - coming from them instead of voices.  I think this is kinda neat, but I suppose might get boring after a while.  Hasn't bored me yet though!
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 May 31, 17:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a couple pics of the park I remodeled after seeing how bland it was.

Back entrance

Fountain view

Tank, one of my sims, enjoying the scenery

And a random pic of Crash, on "vacation"

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 May 31, 18:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Jorganza, your town square looks real nice  Smiley

What object(s) did you replace the fountain with?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 18:15:40 by tizerist » Logged
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 May 31, 18:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone post a picture if they have dug out a basement? I haven't seen much featured on basements, so I am a tad curious. I like that park, Jorganza. I am really relieved to know we can at least tinker with the lots since we can't make our own neighborhood.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 May 31, 18:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've modified the town square a bit too now:

Thats my self-sim there n'all  Wink

Anyone elses TS3 taking really dark shots? All other games are doing it alright  Huh

^^FIXED
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 20:09:15 by tizerist » Logged
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 May 31, 19:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the in-game picture taker or something like Gadwin? Because it darkens them a lot if you use Gadwin for some reason.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 May 31, 19:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tizerist, if you try to print screen the shot, it will also darken the picture. I can't think for the life of me why, but it does.
Also, do you have any lights? It looks like you don't have any (or none of them are on). Lights will help brighten up the place.
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 May 31, 19:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sharks!

My sim enjoying the VR set. I was glad to actually see her leaving the mirror alone for a while.

The default paintings are much nicer this time.

My sim's garden. There's a magic gnome resting in the corner.

Redecorated bathroom in the Mosquito Cove house

Livingroom in the same house
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 May 31, 19:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone post a picture if they have dug out a basement? I haven't seen much featured on basements, so I am a tad curious. I like that park, Jorganza. I am really relieved to know we can at least tinker with the lots since we can't make our own neighborhood.

It builds the same as TS2. Here is one of the lots with basement.  In game play the walls don't come down.

I use Gadwin Printscreen and they don't come out dark.

@Simsdesperado, I just found out early this morning the sharks were there. Beautiful screen shots.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 May 31, 20:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tizerist, if you try to print screen the shot, it will also darken the picture. I can't think for the life of me why, but it does.
Also, do you have any lights? It looks like you don't have any (or none of them are on). Lights will help brighten up the place.
The game majorly screws with contrast. You can see it in action when you tab back in from the desktop.

Left: normal desktop                       Right: desktop while game is loading back up

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 May 31, 20:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To simsdesperado: What is that thing to the left of the shark? I can't make it out if it supposed to be a buoy or a sim.

Edit to Zazazu: I just did some testing around. Apparently, if you have the game in windowed mode, the problem goes away,
and the darkening only occurs if you have it on full screen. However, I'm not getting the same problem as you have, both in windowed mode and full screen mode.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 20:13:19 by Jorganza » Logged
Pico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 May 31, 20:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim seducing Bella.

Wait a minute ... Bella?

How the beautiful have fallen ... Sad
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 May 31, 20:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darkness fixed. Pic in post 40 updated.

Before I was hitting PrintScreen, then opening MSPaint and saving it.

But I then went and checked my fraps folder ('cause I use PrintScreen for fraps shots too) and the image had also saved there too, this time with a bit more colour-o-vision.
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 May 31, 20:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To simsdesperado: What is that thing to the left of the shark? I can't make it out if it supposed to be a buoy or a sim.

I think the coloured thing by the shark is a fish jumping out of water. By the looks of it could be a clownfish. In the far background it is a buoy indeed.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 May 31, 20:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep all my pictures here: http://gs111.photobucket.com/groups/n136/I1EFIA2UGW/

However, here is one of my recent screencaps.

I rather like the house. It's not complete inside, but it's getting there. I have to keep sending the two Sims inhabiting it off to work before I can get serious about doing renos.
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 May 31, 20:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redecorated bathroom in the Mosquito Cove house
http://i43.tinypic.com/1622xs1.jpg

Your Sim is drowning herself in that tub! :-)
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 May 31, 20:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in real life, when someone joins the military, their kids usually are born with genetically inherited buzzcuts.

« Last Edit: 2009 May 31, 21:01:53 by diskoh » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 May 31, 21:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can totally see the head-width problem on that new-born. I really hope theres a fix for that at some point...

Your adult female looks good though Smiley
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 May 31, 21:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so cool that you can play chess on computers now, I hated to have chess boards in every house:

They did improve the AI, Sims are now intelligent enough to install Winboard! I'd have imagined them going to places like Yahoo Cheats Chess or Pogo to play.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 May 31, 22:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know kung fu...

Carokube
Asinine Airhead

Asleep at the wheel.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2009 May 31, 22:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had two gorgeous sims that were actually the 3rd generation. I just wanted to share for those of you who are absolutely terrified of how genetics work in TS3 (as I am). The family tree was that the paternal side is completely CAST but the maternal side is completely EAxis. Their maternal grandparents were townies who spawned a girl that became a maid. This maid married my second gen CAST sim. The second gen CAST sim and maid had twins. This is the GORGEOUS result. I was just so impressed. They are not identical, they have different hair color, and the black-haired sim has different cheekbones than the red-brown haired sim. But they are pretty similar.

http://www.carokube.com/ts3/Screenshot-24.jpg
http://www.carokube.com/ts3/Screenshot-25.jpg

I guess you couldn't call me greedy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: