More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 18:15:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Interest Check: New 'Hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Interest Check: New 'Hood  (Read 6673 times)
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Interest Check: New 'Hood
« on: 2009 October 11, 00:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of you may remember that in the first days of TS3 I created some save files of a Sunset Valley that featured an amazing lack of sims and houses that weren't created by me. Now that we have more debugging and sim editing tools I'm willing to create a more in-depth 'hood for download, most likely in a renovated Riverview.

Before I begin, however, I have some questions:

-Would you play in a town that had a base town's geography but a unique set of sims and goofy lots?
-Would you care if sims had biographies or didn't?
-Would you care if there were only ~10 families in the 'hood to start? Would you rather that there were ~10 specifically tailored households with nifty stories and then a handful of filler characters for random mutilation and reproduction?
-Would you think that references to Heart of Darkness and/or Apocalypse Now were amusing?
-Would you actively search for easter eggs and interesting drama/relationships?
-Would anybody be willing to document legacies or adventures in the new town as post-release advertising, potentially showing off some of the easter eggs and funny drama?

Because of issues with my webspace host before, my save files were only up for a short period of time. I found this unfortunate because I had lots of silly little easter eggs (and some creepy ones, too). Things are solid again now so I'm willing to start fresh and make a new 'hood... if there's interest in this community.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 11, 01:03:29 by Crazetex » Logged
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Interest Check: New 'Hood
« Reply #1 on: 2009 October 11, 01:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Would you play in a town that had a base town's geography but a unique set of sims and goofy lots?
-Would you care if there were only ~10 families in the 'hood to start? Would you rather that there were ~10 specifically tailored households with nifty stories and then a handful of filler characters for random mutilation and reproduction?
-Would you think that references to Heart of Darkness and/or Apocalypse Now were amusing?
-Would anybody be willing to document legacies or adventures in the new town as post-release advertising, potentially showing off some of the easter eggs and funny drama?
-I play like that a lot (Empty neighborhoods), So I don't mind.
-Yes I'd prefer it so I would be interested in their life
-Second option
-Not really, but I don't care so..
-Yes
-No, I would but I get bored with families because I then feel like playing them is a chore.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 11, 01:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Would you play in a town that had a base town's geography but a unique set of sims and goofy lots? No.
-Would you care if sims had biographies or didn't? Yep, if you're going to do it, do it right.
-Would you care if there were only ~10 families in the 'hood to start? Would you rather that there were ~10 specifically tailored households with nifty stories and then a handful of filler characters for random mutilation and reproduction? Meh.
-Would you think that references to Heart of Darkness and/or Apocalypse Now were amusing? Again, meh.
-Would you actively search for easter eggs and interesting drama/relationships? No. But if I came across some it would only serve to be impressive.

Good luck.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 11, 01:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I begin, however, I have some questions:

~Yes, though I might end up reusing the sims and lots for other projects having nothing to do with the town.
~I wouldn't really care, since I could make up my own story behind them, but I have no objection to them.
~The later (10+fillers) sounds better.
~I'm afraid I'm ignorant on the subject of both.
~depends.
~Hate legacies, and don't really share anything having to do with my sims. :/

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 11, 11:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do bios and filler families - I didn't ask because I had an aversion to them, but I didn't want to do all that work if nobody cared about them.
forbiddenjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 October 11, 15:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I'm not too late to reply.  I am expecting that I will reinstall my entire SIMs 3 when the new expansion comes out - so I will more than likely be restarting my legacy family at that time too.
-I like biographies, but won't cry if the majority prefers not to have them.
-Hope I'm not being difficult, but I would prefer~3 to ~5 tailored households with the nifty stories, and then a handful of fillers.
-I would have to look those up, I am unfamiliar with both.
-I would search, but I'm not certain how actively. I do love finding easter eggs and I like original and interesting characters and relationships.
-I have no problem documenting or taking screenshots to be used, as long as I don't get my head cut off for being slow. I'm a grandmother of 12 grandchildren and I often have them around me visiting and wanting my attention.  During those circumstances my grandchildren always come first.

I think your plans sound intriguing and I will  be interested in seeing what you decide.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Those who are easily shocked...should be shocked more often\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" ~ Mae West
Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 12, 13:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not too late. I've been thinking about themes but haven't physically started yet - I will tonight after I finish an essay. As I work I'll post updates to hopefully entice people into downloading the finished product.

Slowness about posting stuff is fine. I just wanted to see how many people here are into legacies. Once the neighborhood is situated here I'll post it around other sims forums (ones big on massive amounts of screenshots) if the response is positive.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 12, 16:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-I love playing premades, so a complete neighborhood would be great.
-Biographies are awesome.
-Either, or.
-Any kind of geeky/cultish references would be great.
-If I know they're there, I would definitely look for them.
-Not whole stories, no, but I would make an effort to post pictures of cool happenings to give you publicity.

Crazetex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 16, 18:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of now, I have twenty families total made/planned. I'll be adding more afterwards to balance out the male/female and age ratios, but for now it should be set for racial and sexual diversity as well as minor dramas starting to come to mind. Yes, there will be married homosexuals - so sorry, I did it for the children.

Before I start going crazy with houses, however, I'm planning out the actual setup of the community lots. What lots I currently have are pretty sparse but I'm using blackcat's great topic on community lots to make them all work properly. There are going to be new locations for rare items like the omni plant and deathfish as soon as I rediscover that post I read a little while ago on replacing them (hooray for search!). Expect some cool new lots beyond boring parks and galleries - there will be public gardens, island libraries...

On the subject of new community lots, I'm using Sunset Valley as a base (I was going to do Riverview but like beaches). The actual layout of the valley will be radically different, however. No longer will everything be conveniently located right in the center of town! Visit the bistro in the rich communities or the bookstore by the beach. I've always felt like it was pretty boring to pack everybody into one small area and have no sims visiting anywhere else... let's hope the attraction of rabbit holes helps spread folks out. =D
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 17, 02:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Oh you used Sunset Valley already. That's OK. However, PLEASE don't destroy the Beautiful Vista lots- it makes lots interesting.

Maybe not all of them.

I would prefer no filler characters at all. That way, we have a town where we're interested to see what actually happens to them, not just some randomness. Having less 'nifty' characters are much better than having a flood of filler characters. I also recommend that you use AwesomeMod traits.

Sure, reference as much as you want.

That depends. I will scour the town at game start, but if the bonuses are too hidden, then maybe I won't look.

I do. Don't expect me intervening with their actions though.

There's new rabbit hole 'Signs' in Puddingland- technically, they are rabbit-hole buildings, but the size has been changed into a small sign, allowing you to make a new building, but having it work as a rabbit hole building. That might help you.

I'm rather excited for this new neighborhood. I'll be waiting for your creation.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 17, 02:15:54 by dilitru » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: