More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 14:27:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Burial Grounds (Dead Girls Don't Say No)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Burial Grounds (Dead Girls Don't Say No)  (Read 14368 times)
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
Burial Grounds (Dead Girls Don't Say No)
« on: 2009 May 30, 23:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this early, heavily broken stage I'm loathe to put this down to tight pants so I'm throwing it out there - has anyone lost their burial grounds options? The first time I played, I had a burial ground option, I said "yeyz" and had a lot full of pain in the ass ghosts dripping water EVERYWHERE. Ghostbusters offered to fix my shit, so I again said "yeyz" and let them do it. Game crash immediately after at random, I hadn't saved yet so I got @toaded and had to start my hood from scratch again. Started up, the option for burial grounds came up but this time I chose "neyz" because the first lot of ghosts I got were a right pain in the ass...ever since I chose not to have a burial ground, I've NEVER had the option come up again despite remaking my hood and famblies multiple times.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or noticed anything funky going on in your game related to the grounds?

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Burial Grounds (Dead Girls Don't Say No)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 30, 23:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a burial grounds option, that I've noticed.  Do you get it by clicking on something (the ground, perhaps), or is it something offered to you when you move into a house?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
CaptaiNemo
Asinine Airhead

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 30, 23:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You get it offered when you move into a house. I was offered a major leakage.. which resulted in every plumbthing to spray water.
Then my neighbour, who just happened to be a repairman came over and fixed it for me.

Theory: if you move in next to a repairman, you get offered a leakage. If you move in next to a ghostbuster, you get offered a burial ground.

And because it happens so rarely, Maxis also bugfixed it so rarely.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 30, 23:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You get it offered when you move into a house. I was offered a major leakage.. which resulted in every plumbthing to spray water.
Then my neighbour, who just happened to be a repairman came over and fixed it for me.

Theory: if you move in next to a repairman, you get offered a leakage. If you move in next to a ghostbuster, you get offered a burial ground.

And because it happens so rarely, Maxis also bugfixed it so rarely.

Your theory does have merit, but I wonder if it isn't a sadorandom EAxis chance at getting the offer (ala TS2 chance cards) and not a 100% chance for the lot. I was always moving into the very same lot, so for your theory to be right it's either chance-carded, or your neighbours are randomly generated upon hood creation and won't necessarily be in the same place.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
hooptytrib
Asinine Airhead

INTP. Delinquent LULZpayer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 30, 23:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks random.  I have moved several families into the same trailer lot and was only offered the burial grounds option once.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 31, 02:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved sims into new houses 12 times (3 times in the trailer lot). I got the burial ground option once. Haven't seen the plumbing one or meteor. I'd say it's some sort of low percentage chance.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 31, 02:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the burial grounds option for my first family, it was on the trailer lot and I didn't take it. I have tried 5 times to get it to come back up and have had no luck. The meteor option came up once on the house across the street from the trailer lot, I have only moved 2 families in that house. The meteor results in a bunch of space rocks to collect and piles of ash to sweep up.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 31, 02:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the burial grounds option for my first family, it was on the trailer lot and I didn't take it. I have tried 5 times to get it to come back up and have had no luck. The meteor option came up once on the house across the street from the trailer lot, I have only moved 2 families in that house. The meteor results in a bunch of space rocks to collect and piles of ash to sweep up.

See now that's odd...I only ever got the ghost one, never the meteor one but I noticed a heap of rocks on that lot when the ghosts were on it (raw diamonds etc). Now that I don't have a burial ground lot, I haven't ever seen these rocks again either...could ghosts be lucky for finds?

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 31, 02:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also gotten "Squatters have lived her before you came!" Which resulted in cockroaches, rats and garbage everywhere!  I tried to get it again by moving a family in a million times and haven't gotten any of them since Sad I'm thinking it is random.

The rats were really neat, that would be great if they came like the cockroaches do.

hooptytrib
Asinine Airhead

INTP. Delinquent LULZpayer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 31, 03:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could ghosts be lucky for finds?

They seem somewhat lucky anyway.  My current ghost lot had gems worth $1522, $256, and $14 on day 1.  It's the only home lot I've had collectibles appear on.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 31, 04:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have also gotten "Squatters have lived her before you came!" Which resulted in cockroaches, rats and garbage everywhere!  I tried to get it again by moving a family in a million times and haven't gotten any of them since Sad I'm thinking it is random.

The rats were really neat, that would be great if they came like the cockroaches do.

Rats? That's pretty awesome.. I'm assuming you failed to take a screenshot, otherwise you would have supplied it with your post. Dare I ask what the interaction options with the rats were? "Shoo" or some such?

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 31, 04:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I didn't take a screenshot. (New computer and didn't load a photo program yet) My screenshots all come out really dark.

You get to shoo the rats, and they run all over the place then disappear.  The lot was covered in trash, cockroaches, rats and weeds.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 31, 08:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm. Rats. Free food!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 31, 08:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm. Rats. Free food!

Stick to your hydroponic potatoes... The rats are mine.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 May 31, 13:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ratty meshes in TS3! Can we dare hope for "pet rats" one day, even if they are decorative?! Tongue

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 May 31, 21:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not my screen shot, but made at another site. There are roaches, but haven't seen rats yet.

Must play slob sims to see that!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 May 31, 21:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wtf are those? I can honestly say I've never encountered bright-red roaches before in my life.

Of course, maybe the developers purposely gave them a ridiculous colour. They're a lot more conspicuous than the TS2 roaches (and a lot less gross).
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 May 31, 21:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're in the back of the Criminal warehouse. Sims will "Ew" when asked to collect them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 May 31, 21:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had this before. Is it only when you move into specific houses, or is it sadorandom?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 May 31, 22:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish it happened to my neat sim when they moved in their house. Would love to see her go batty, cause she goes nuts when I don't let her clean the house everyday, even after the maid comes. Her mood gets real low.

That's why they are out of the house alot of the time.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: