More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 16:14:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  About Collection Items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: About Collection Items  (Read 9786 times)
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
About Collection Items
« on: 2009 May 30, 18:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they spawn in random places or exact places that can be cataloged? So far I have failed at remembering exactly where I have found something before and I'm wondering if its worth it to keep notes.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: About Collection Items
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 30, 18:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like certain item types are more likely to show up in certain areas. Seeds around the parks/in woods, gems and ores around the mine and Stonehenge (and, for some reason, the criminal warehouse), not sure about moon rocks since none of my Sims collect them.
Maximillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 30, 18:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming there's some sort of method involved. A Luminorous (sic) Gem spawns appears around the path behind my house every couple of days; Stonehenge is always infested with bugs; the mine attracts lots of metals. At the very least, types of collectables (seeds, metals, bugs) appear in constant places although which one actually drops pops up seems to vary.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 30, 18:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some space rocks up by the waterfall, as well as some gems (I think, tanzenite?).  There are also some bell pepper plants and apple trees (and probably more) up there.  I know there were some rocks/gems at the graveyard, but I can't remember what kind.  My sim also got one rare seed and two special seeds just outside the graveyard, but hasn't been able to plant them yet.  There are also gems and space rocks and metals on the beach.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 30, 18:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming there's some sort of method involved. A Luminorous (sic) Gem spawns appears around the path behind my house every couple of days; Stonehenge is always infested with bugs; the mine attracts lots of metals. At the very least, types of collectables (seeds, metals, bugs) appear in constant places although which one actually drops pops up seems to vary.

There's definitely places where certain kids of things always spawn.
I would guess that:
1. The varieties are weighted so that the more common ones spawn the most,
2. The rare varieties are on a timer, or
3. That certain common varieties can randomly spawn as a rare variety.  For example, maybe a spot that's usually a topaz has a certain percentage chance to spawn as a pink diamond instead.  

Or some combo of all three.  
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 30, 18:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you check with the Collection Helper (get ye some, it's an inventory item so you can pass it around), you'll see that seeds are absolutely all over the place. Bugs tend to congregate around Stonehenge, the mine, moths in the graveyard, one always in central park, spottily around the beaches, and then in the middle of nowhere. Gems/metals are most prevalent around the mine (metals, mostly), some in Stonehenge, a lot around the parks/fishing holes/beaches, and some just randomly strewn about.

The catacombs can be a good place to get rares, too. One foray recently gave me an unknown special seed, a magical gnome, and a pink diamond.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 30, 18:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you check with the Collection Helper (get ye some, it's an inventory item so you can pass it around), you'll see that seeds are absolutely all over the place. Bugs tend to congregate around Stonehenge, the mine, moths in the graveyard, one always in central park, spottily around the beaches, and then in the middle of nowhere. Gems/metals are most prevalent around the mine (metals, mostly), some in Stonehenge, a lot around the parks/fishing holes/beaches, and some just randomly strewn about.

The catacombs can be a good place to get rares, too. One foray recently gave me an unknown special seed, a magical gnome, and a pink diamond.

Oh I'm so glad you mentioned that the Collection Helper is an item.  I almost got it for my founder sim but she had one foot in the grave at that point and I didn't want to blow all those points on it when she wasn't even the collector of the fambly. 
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 30, 18:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to find the catacombs - any pointers as to where they are?

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 30, 18:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to find the catacombs - any pointers as to where they are?
It's the building at the graveyard where you manage the tombstones of the sims the game finds important and where you sign up for graveyard part time jobs.

Angelo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 30, 23:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm certain the method is similar to WoW (among other similarities - see item quality text color).
To be exact, the spawn points for EVERY item is fixed, it's the type of item that spawns that's random. Each spawn point has a list of potential items. When you collect an item, a timer in the spawn point goes off, and when it's completed, a new item selected randomly from the particular spawn point's item list, appears. For example, seed spawn points at the central park have common seeds in their list, apple, grape, etc, while the seeds in the lists of the points around the science facility are of "special" rarity.

Check out my strategy/sim game project: Start-a-town!
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 31, 03:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a few seeds around the grocery store. I found a couple of 'unknown' seeds there. Took forever for them to grow, and when they did, one was a bad quality onion plant, and the other was watermelon.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 31, 07:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah you find the gems, get them cut, display them, and then what? Do they affect mood, maybe?
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 31, 07:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah you find the gems, get them cut, display them, and then what? Do they affect mood, maybe?

They increase a room's environmental score.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 31, 12:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always find plenty of seeds near the woods by the Science Center.  That's where I've found several money tree seeds.  The random seeds are always in the same place, so respawn after a certain amount of time.  I think I found the Life Plant and Death Flower bush seeds there too.  I've figured out what to do with the Life Fruit, but haven't figured out the Death flower bush.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: