More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:34:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Store & Exchange Open for viewing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Store & Exchange Open for viewing  (Read 44710 times)
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Store & Exchange Open for viewing
« Reply #25 on: 2009 May 29, 15:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Store is how I expected it to be: overpriced and filled with craptastic items that will most likely need to be tweeked and fixed by modders.

On another note, it looks like they have really made the story making process easier.  It appears as if you upload images and then arrange the story online.  I am cringing at the fact that audio is now included - something about BBS stories and audio just doesn't settle well with me.
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 May 29, 15:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Store is how I expected it to be: overpriced and filled with craptastic items that will most likely need to be tweeked and fixed by modders.

On another note, it looks like they have really made the story making process easier.  It appears as if you upload images and then arrange the story online.  I am cringing at the fact that audio is now included - something about BBS stories and audio just doesn't settle well with me.

At least you're supposed to be able to turn off the sound.  Let's hope that isn't a big fat liecake.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 May 29, 15:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am cringing at the fact that audio is now included - something about BBS stories and audio just doesn't settle well with me.

Now we'll have pregger teen stories, complete with pop music in the background! Joy!

farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 May 29, 16:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who comes up with this crap?  The only thing I want from that site, is the new town.
The creators camp?
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 May 29, 16:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who comes up with this crap?  The only thing I want from that site, is the new town.
The creators camp?

Not very creative, are they?

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 May 29, 16:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who comes up with this crap?  The only thing I want from that site, is the new town.
The creators camp?

Some of the lots looked pretty nice... Granted, it's hard to tell with the pictures being taken from outer space and all.

Edit: BTW, you can turn off the music in the stories on the exchange. I just did so on one of the stories already up.

CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 May 29, 16:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The creators camp?

Could we expect anything more when tons of those invited were from T$R?
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 May 29, 16:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lots seem to have the same picture quality as the buildings in Spore. You can't see the back or floor plans - though I can't be absolutely sure on that because the site will barely load for me on Firefox and IE. Half the images refuse to load as well, but from what I have seen there really isn't anything I must have. And for the life of me I cannot understand what is with the toilets EA makes that look like adult-sized training potties.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 May 29, 16:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lots seem to have the same picture quality as the buildings in Spore. You can't see the back or floor plans - though I can't be absolutely sure on that because the site will barely load for me on Firefox and IE. Half the images refuse to load as well, but from what I have seen there really isn't anything I must have. And for the life of me I cannot understand what is with the toilets EA makes that look like adult-sized training potties.

I had the same problem and had to turn off my pop-up blocker. That helped a great deal.
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 May 29, 16:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you click on the lot to get further details and then click on the "images" tab, you can see the floor plan for each level.  Well, sort of.  The pictures I've seen so far are all taken from a distance so it's hard to see any detail.

One thing that bothers me is they all say "Occupied" but there is no information about a family that may or may not be stuck into the lot. *See below.

ETA:  I see now that when you click on them to get details, even the ones that say yes to being occupied list residents as 0.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 May 29, 16:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why even list it as being occupied if it's empty? Oh right. Because not doing so makes sense. EA seems to be against common sense.

The thing that I see kind of lulling about the Store is that some of the items seem reasonably priced - say 25 cents for a lamp. If I didn't know better I'd say that was a great deal - unless I happened to know what addition is and could add up the sum of those "cheap" items. And they have claimed they will release new sets and items each month. So a person could spend about $100 (or more) a month for their "exclusive" items.

I am enjoying the Sims 3 BBS. The empty pasture is just waiting for grazers.
missyye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 May 29, 16:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone posted this on the official website. I'm beginning to think that they're taking the mick.
Read this.
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=0fafc8b5db5ba78298f50342b93c4a7d&directoryID=225&startRow=1&openItemID=item.225,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Why anyone would pay that much for a bunch of crap is beyond me. I mean I do like a few hair styles on there but I would never think to PAY for it.
beear
Asinine Airhead

myspace.com/iwrestledabearonce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 May 29, 16:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$275 TOTAL!  Shocked.......... Shocked

i applaud EAs business sense. you just know theres SOME people out there whos gonna fork over that much.
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 May 29, 16:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i like some of the clothes.

someone figure out how to steal me them!
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 May 29, 17:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arrr it all   Cheesy
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 May 29, 17:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arrr it all   Cheesy

If we can, I would like to. I have read that EA wants each of their Store downloads to phone home before they will install if we install them without the launcher. Not that we haven't bypassed EA's "security measures" before.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 May 29, 17:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arrr it all   Cheesy

Bingo!

How many days from release do you think it will take? I bet most of the stuff is up within 48 hours.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
modelchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 May 29, 17:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. They should've kept those monstrosities they call hairstyles to themselves.

I also find it funny that you have to register your game just to use the forum, or maybe it's just not public yet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 May 29, 17:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's always been the case even in TS2.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 May 29, 17:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you notice that one of the YA outfits has new textures included?

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17154&categoryId=11584&scategoryId=11870&pcategoryId=11867&ppcategoryId=11866&gender=female&startAt=0

It shows four textures included with the dress.

I guess that is one way to get new textures into the game.

Added: It is the "Bohemian" outfit that has a different pattern on the top of the dress and a long sleeved shirt underneath it. When you click on the dress, you get to see the additional textures to the right with mouse-over views. The images are small (28x28), but the mouse-over views give a good image of the textures.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 30, 00:32:25 by ciane » Logged
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 May 29, 17:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't even get the link to load all the way. Is their server already hammered? This should prove interesting if they are indeed expecting people to use the Store or Exchange for ALL their custom content, period.
sparkleisacolor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 May 29, 17:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad they put all their time into making the crap for the store instead of fixing the bugs in the game.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 May 29, 17:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't even get the link to load all the way. Is their server already hammered? This should prove interesting if they are indeed expecting people to use the Store or Exchange for ALL their custom content, period.

Well all of Snooty Sims and TSR are there it would seem. I have about 40 friend requests a minute it seems (who are you people?!) and all I wanted to do was have a look at these "new textures" and objects. But the pictures stay blank and all the angels farting at once can't make them appear it seems. I wanted to get some shots of those textures and ask people who have the game if they are indeed new. Because the scalping is beginning to make me wonder if there is a huge gas leak in Redwood Shores.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 May 29, 18:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's hope it doesnt try to phone home then.  Still reminds me of ET phone home!
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 May 29, 18:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what effect adding items (and even expansions) will have on the game speed.
We could be looking at longer load times (switch family or CAS etc.) or it could impact game frame rate.

It borderline crippled TS2. I wonder how TS3 will handle large amount of downloads, which could hypothetically be several gigabytes..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: