More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:51:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.  (Read 485146 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
« Reply #875 on: 2009 October 22, 23:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TLDRTard appears to be under the delusion that Grammar Police are self-styled, rather than being officially titled, and that this thread came about out of my massive hubris rather than in consultation with Pescado about how to handle the influx of the illiterate. HEY TLDRTard, you might want to check your facts before you fap, next time.

soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2009 October 23, 00:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, thanks to the individual for contributing the "full-stop" comment.  I completely forgot that what we call a "period" used to be called "full-stop."

Oh, I see you are a USian. Over here in the UK, we still use the term "full stop". How very outdated of us, eh? Oh, I feel so backward all of a sudden. Woe is me.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2009 October 23, 00:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost positive that that tome was supposed to be a scathing rant filled with incisive wit (and a point), but I have no idea since my eyes started to bleed.  I've used textbooks shorter than that post.  

Rohina, I laughed out loud after reading your post.  Love the new moniker - incredibly fitting.  Does anyone else know you are quick-witted and outright funny?  I know you're mean but, dang!  

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2009 October 23, 00:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else know you are quick-witted and outright funny?  I know you're mean but, dang! 

Speed is my sekrit weapon. You should see how fast I capshun.

BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2009 October 23, 01:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<deleted crap>
  The length of my former post, and this one as well, should serve to inform the reader that I am able to pound out loads of crap onto a computer quickly. 
<more deleted crap>

Yes.
TheQuietOne
Asinine Airhead

Max: Sam, is "pronto" a real word?

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2009 October 26, 17:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Hilllllarious!  Let me start off by redirecting anyone's belief that I am insulting the forum community at large.  The whole purpose of my first post was to slam the GRAMMAR POLICE.  I can see from the replies that the grammar mafia were, as expected, the most insulting and leanest on value.  I apologize for sounding so pompous to the forum community.  Had I made it clearer that all my comments were for the benefit of the grammar mafia and their own unjustifiable (-able/-ible) arrogance, the rest of you might have looked at that post from a different perspective.

Dear munchkin, we don't feel insulted. I feel incredibly bored by a windy rant by yet another fucktard n00b convinced they are some Speshul Snowflake.

I'm counting seconds untill smellyb breaks down in sobs demanding to know how can we be so mean to her and she only wanted to insult some people not all of the... sob... community and she knows oh so much about so many things and why can't we all get along and live in peace and prosper and grammarians are just so mean and she has... sob... assburgers!

Bets anyone?

I might be less bored then. I like to see them cry.

I'm not quiet, everybody else is too loud. (The Quiet One, The Who)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2009 October 26, 17:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be less bored then. I like to see them cry.

Pescado made an aspiration for that, but he won't release it to the general peasantry.

keesa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2009 November 11, 15:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boring! ***Yawn***!

Just wanna find out if your bite is worse than your bark...really wanna F*&k you up...
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2009 November 11, 16:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boring! ***Yawn***!

INEPT INTP
Clara M Johnson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2009 November 15, 17:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Hilllllarious!  Let me start off by redirecting anyone's belief that I am insulting the forum community at large.  The whole purpose of my first post was to slam the GRAMMAR POLICE.  I can see from the replies that the grammar mafia were, as expected, the most insulting and leanest on value.  I apologize for sounding so pompous to the forum community.  Had I made it clearer that all my comments were for the benefit of the grammar mafia and their own unjustifiable (-able/-ible) arrogance, the rest of you might have looked at that post from a different perspective.

It's so funny that there was no interest in this thread for almost a month until I read one post mocking someone's intelligence, got pissed off and launched on a rant.  It was unforgivable of me (-ible/-able).  I'm really too busy living a life in the real world to waste much precious time in a virtual one, though it seems virtual worlds are preferable (-able/-ible) to those of you beating up on anyone and everyone who decides to post a reply to your sacred thread.  Look at how much work you put into "amusing" avatars and badges to represent yourselves.  As I stated, I only came to this site to get a mod and thought that a thread initiated by GRAMMAR POLICE might be informative and intelligent.  I was mistaken.

I'm amazed that this thread is even allowed to exist, given the ignorance of those purporting to be its mafia squad.   You see, here is an example of IT'S and ITS being properly used.  I probably shouldn't have mentioned one of my pet peeves in the first place since you misunderstood my intent.  Your grammar mafia seem to be truly confused about which to use when.  And my FELLOWS, as you called them, would laugh me out of the room if they knew I visited this type of forum, let alone posted something.

The type of exchange I am used to directs responses to the originator and posters are encouraged to include additional information regarding the topic introduced.  Many of those posts can be quite long, being of a technical nature, and often include links to sites with even more information than is being given in the post.  I was merely utilizing habits I am familiar with when posting to forum threads.

I do appreciate the fact that anyone even made an effort to respond to my post.  I'll try address each of you in turn:

I noticed some of the mafia corrections in here pertained to the use of punctuation marks, but without any clear understanding of how they work.  Therefore, a simple lesson seemed appropriate, for the benefit of the mafia cretins, in the dynamics of how some punctuation rules came into being--from pure mechanics instead of grammatical rules.  There actually is a distinction between punctuation rules and the rules of proper grammar, just as there is a distinction for misspelling.  Just an FYI for those with so little to do that they spend all their time inaccurately making fun of everyone's inaccuracies (per word).  By the way, thanks to the individual for contributing the "full-stop" comment.  I completely forgot that what we call a "period" used to be called "full-stop."

You may want to look up redundant and unnecessary in an unabridged dictionary, though.  Sometimes the meanings of words are truncated in an abridged dictionary in an effort to save space which/that causes people to use the wrong word in the wrong context.  In the computer age, the definition of redundancy has changed from its original meaning and that is the definition that/which is most commonly found in an abridged dictionary.  Also, the term effective is subjective, not objective.  In case anyone is unfamiliar with these words, subjective (in this case) means that/which a topic is subject to a person's own biases.  To be objective is more concrete and agreed upon by the majority.  (The reason I am explaining the difference between these two words and their application is that I won't be checking back to see if anyone else misunderstands me.)  I admit that I fall into the subjective mode when viewing the effectiveness of the written communication being used by the mafia.  It falls miserably short of the mark of a real grammarian.

True, my meaning in that original post got lost in the quagmire.  I was HOT when I wrote it.  Clearly stated:

#1-That post was directed to the ORIGINATOR of this thread and others titling themselves the grammar mafia, not all posters in general.  Don't be so sensitive when you aren't even being insulted (by me, anyway).

#2-I don't care how vulgar or profane you are, in general.  It's an oxymoron, though, for people to declare themselves to be grammarians and yet be unable to express themselves in a civil and educated tone.

#3-Don't declare yourself an expert in something that you obviously don't have a broad command of, like the English language.

#4-Be more sensitive to people's mental capacities.  After all, look at how obviously limited your own capacities are.

No, I didn't believe typos would be an issue on this thread.  By admitting that I probably left behind typos shouldn't offend any of you when text-speak and acronyms are freely used here.  I meant that I'm not perfect, but I'm also not trying to pass myself off as GRAMMAR POLICE.  The length of my former post, and this one as well, should serve to inform the reader that I am able to pound out loads of crap onto a computer quickly.  Anyway, at least I put forth the effort of glancing back over my post (and deleting my more egregious insults).  To be frank, I blasted the grammar mafia pretty harshly before I edited my first post.  Can you imagine if I hadn't edited it? 

I didn't read 99% of the gibberish between page one and page 99999, so I don't understand the post about being cage-matched against someone else.  Perhaps it's another person trying to educate the great unwashed in the grammar mafia?  (The "great unwashed" is a derogatory remark from a long time ago and has dropped out of common use; it has nothing to do with hygiene.  I just like to pull it out to use on people who feel superior to others without any merit for their assumption.)

One person's which is another person's that.  Try reading, a book.  A book on grammar might be a good place to start.  You may learn something.  I have to "read up" on current grammar trends constantly for CPEs that/which are required for my job.  Oh, I'm really sorry!  My former and current intent is not to insult the forum contributors as a whole, just the mafia!

Grammar cat and grammar ferret might want to be more concerned about the "presents" coming out of their own mouths (expressed typographically, of course) instead of dropping one in someone's shoe.

We are living in the 21st century now.  The invention of the typewriter actually took care of the line-slanting problem.  The intent of that tidbit of information was a direct insult to the mafia's attempts to use punctuation rules that they clearly don't understand the origin of.  Knowing why you place which characters where can make it easier to remember what the rules are.  Stupid of me to include that before, but the generous side of me was trying to impart some wisdom on the mafia cretins.  (I just love the word cretin.)

I believe the final post that must be responded to regards how honoured an individual felt after skipping over my little foray into the world of grammar, which/that was directed at the mafia and not the posters in general.  Thank you.  I'm glad I could bring a little honour to your day.  Just kidding; I know you were being sarcastic.

I'm sorry if you responded to my post and I didn't get around to you.  As stated many times before, my post was directed at the grammar mafia and I was really hoping to hear from some of its duly initiated members.

Great job students!  At least I got a dead thread going again.  Now you kiddies will have to cross verbal blades with each other without parental guidance.  I said I would check back to see if anyone reads this thread anymore since it is nonsensical (a real word; look it up in an unabridged dictionary--just a musical way of saying nonsense).  I have done so.  Now I must say goodbye; to say farewell implies that we will be meeting each other again, and that (which?) will not happen.  I know this will reduce the few of you in the mafia who actually deigned to respond to tears, but different paths and all that . . . (ellipsis)

P.S. (Or Post-script to the nit picky)  I hope I gave the reader the option of choosing between which and that every time I used one of those words.  To the person who found my laziness in correcting my own typos funny, this next line should be a hoot.  I didn't go back over this particular installment in English 101!  Hurray!  I think my intentions have been made clear; the mafia needs a makeover and should allow conversations to flow organically.  If a post is indecipherable (-ible/-able), simply ask for clarification.  Less insulting heat may lead to more valuable exchange.

I just wanted to say I love your Avatar Shelleyb! Wink

DIE SIMS STORE DIE!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2009 November 15, 17:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we may have a contender for Tard of the Year.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2009 November 16, 01:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ridonkulous and pointless quotage
I just wanted to say I love your Avatar Shelleyb! Wink

This post makes babby Jebus cry.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2009 November 16, 01:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any fresh RETAR-DOH cards on hand? I'm fairly certain that shellyb covered a significant chunk of one and may just be going for the clean sweep.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2009 November 16, 05:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if our shiny new tard is an ex-AOLer. They used to be quite fond of quoting entire (strings of) posts just to add "Me, too!" at the bottom. Most people have figured out that to do this is stupid by now.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: