More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:46:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.  (Read 486853 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
« Reply #225 on: 2009 May 29, 23:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And like Hook said earlier, it does sound very much like numerology, doesn't it?

...or astrology. I learned cursive early, on my own. It was only in fifth grade that I decided to relearn how to print. I've always blamed that for the way I switch between the two, definitely mid-word. There are definite patterns I can see to it, but it's nothing I try to do. An 's' at the end of a word is in print, mid-word it's cursive. I hate cursive 'x', so that's always print. The same with 'Q'. Who came up with that, anyways? How is a 2 a Q?

My 'I' has top and bottom bars, and I get along just fine with my parents. I just spoke to both today. Mom's hooking me up with some networking contacts, and Dad's all excited about some stupid Nascar Race and their anniversary tomorrow.

I'm curious; Do you all act like this in real life or is there some transformation when you log onto MATY?

I second this. I recently wrote a research paper on "Internet Socializing" and "Online Communities" and NOT to my surprise the findings indicated that over 30% of the users in these communities seem to develop a second persona, which is usually close to the opposite or the exact opposite of their true personality of the outside world.
In real life, I say "Yay" about pretty much everything. That would not be appreciated here. But other than that, yes, I'm pretty much the same.  Perhaps more profane.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 May 29, 23:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a nod to your lack of impulse control? Why don't you just ignore me? I'm curious; Do you all act like this in real life or is there some transformation when you log onto MATY?

Do people become spineless illiterate sheep when they log onto the BBS or N99?
Should I log on there and rant about how nice they are being makes me want to puke? Will they just "ignore me"?
I am sure that would be frowned upon, as you coming here and spouting off about our culture is.

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 May 29, 23:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious; Do you all act like this in real life or is there some transformation when you log onto MATY?
I second this. I recently wrote a research paper on "Internet Socializing" and "Online Communities" and NOT to my surprise the findings indicated that over 30% of the users in these communities seem to develop a second persona, which is usually close to the opposite or the exact opposite of their true personality of the outside world.

Fakers or liars. I'm pretty much the same in RL. I don't see the problem that you noobs are shouting about. If you came into my real home and started acting like an asshat (and YES, not adhering to the rules is being an asshat), I'd tell you so and then promptly give you a swift kick in the behind out my door.

No, I believe it. It is a lot easier to say things online that you wouldn't say in real life. However, if 30% of the users are the opposite of how they appear to be online then 70% of them are exactly what they seem to be. That means that the majority of us here at MATY are just as likely to make people cry in real life as we are here.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
vagabondher
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 May 30, 00:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to understand how a post about something as simple as grammar has gotten ten pages worth of replies. Why is it such a difficult task for people to type correctly? If we knew the meaning, would that unlock the secrets of the universe, perhaps?  Huh
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 May 30, 00:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, if 30% of the users are the opposite of how they appear to be online then 70% of them are exactly what they seem to be. That means that the majority of us here at MATY are just as likely to make people cry in real life as we are here.

It also means that 7 out of 10 of the sheep really are illiterate, retarded 12s in real life, whilst the remaining 3 are educated, intelligent, mature adults who choose to act as though they are brattish, egotistical children. If anything I hate the latter more than the former.

Not dead but gone by four.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 May 30, 00:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And like Hook said earlier, it does sound very much like numerology, doesn't it?

...or astrology. I learned cursive early, on my own. It was only in fifth grade that I decided to relearn how to print. I've always blamed that for the way I switch between the two, definitely mid-word. There are definite patterns I can see to it, but it's nothing I try to do. An 's' at the end of a word is in print, mid-word it's cursive. I hate cursive 'x', so that's always print. The same with 'Q'. Who came up with that, anyways? How is a 2 a Q?

My 'I' has top and bottom bars, and I get along just fine with my parents. I just spoke to both today. Mom's hooking me up with some networking contacts, and Dad's all excited about some stupid Nascar Race and their anniversary tomorrow.

It sounds like your writing is similar to mine - I can't write for dren.

I could also be wrong about the closed 'I'. Like I said, it was some time ago that I had an interest in all of this, and for some weird reason, I can remember quite a bit of it - perhaps I use it on a subconscious level - but not all of it.

Now I have this sudden urge to dig up my books and check to see if I was even remotely close about that closed ‘I'.

Not tonight though, I promised my daughter I'd take her to the cabin for the weekend.

I don't really see why any of that matters.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 May 30, 01:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The difference between AFK and MATY is that AFK I get PAID to act like this.

MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 May 30, 02:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The difference between AFK and MATY is that at AFK I get PAID to act like this.

Fixed.
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2009 May 30, 03:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, she had it right.

The difference between away from keyboard and More Awesome Than You is that away from keyboard I get PAID to act like this.

Away from keyboard is not a place you are at, it is a verb.

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 May 30, 03:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The difference between AFK and MATY is that at AFK I get PAID to act like this.

Fixed.

Not being a grammar cop, I still think rohina's version looks moar correct.

Edit. Ninja'd by a n00b.

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
MuertoElBarto
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 May 30, 03:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, she had it right.

The difference between away from keyboard and More Awesome Than You is that away from keyboard I get PAID to act like this.

Away from keyboard is not a place you are at, it is a verb.
D'oh!  Not knowing what 'AFK' was, and assuming it was the anagram of her workplace, I put my foot in it.  Mea culpa.
dstucki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 May 30, 03:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding it incredibly ironic that it either refuses to capitalize the 'I', or leaves it out of the sentence altogether, but is so obviously full of self importance.
Why this aversion to giving the personal pronoun it's proper due, while insisting on special treatment for itself?

There's no apostrophe when using the possessive form of the word "it".
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009 May 30, 03:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're actually much meaner in real life. We try to curb our behavior here, give people the benefit of the doubt, yadda, yadda. Always remember, we don't know you; we probably don't like you. Our responses to your drivel will likely reflect these feelings. If you can show yourselves to be made of stern stuff, can take some sporking and come back with a pithy retort, you might be accepted here. Otherwise, GTFO. Thanks.

Oh, and, generally speaking to all that is MATY noobdom, stop with the "Pes" already. He REALLY doesn't know you and he likes you even less than the rest of us do. He's not your BFF, FFS.

I personally think many of the problems IRL stem from over use of a false sense of politeness and consideration.  I find the uninhibited blunt forthrightness of MATY refreshing and believe strongly that more MATY-like behaviour IRL is eminently worthwhile.  A stupid stranger IRL deserves no more of my consideration, and is of no more consequence to me than a stupid n00b on MATY.  I am, consequently, quite like my MATY persona IRL.  N00bs can rest comfortably knowing that if I call you a fuckwit here, I would likely call you a fuckwit IRL.  Does that help?  I personally find it reassuring.

Also, BFFs are for 12s, and 12s are surplus to MATY requirements.  GET OFF OUR LAWN!

Tribulatio proxima est
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 May 30, 03:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, if 30% of the users are the opposite of how they appear to be online then 70% of them are exactly what they seem to be. That means that the majority of us here at MATY are just as likely to make people cry in real life as we are here.

It also means that 7 out of 10 of the sheep really are illiterate, retarded 12s in real life, whilst the remaining 3 are educated, intelligent, mature adults who choose to act as though they are brattish, egotistical children. If anything I hate the latter more than the former.

……………./ดฏ/)
……………/…./
…………../…./
……../ดฏ/'..'/ดฏฏ`ทธ
…../'/../…./……./จฏ\
…('(…………. ฏ~/'..')
….\…………….'…../
…..'\'……………_.ทด
…….\…………..(
……..\…………..\

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 May 30, 05:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I see stupid n00bly posts from SimplyConstipated like this:

Oh gosh, i used wiggles to emphasize my name, that MUST mean i'm a pleb. And my attitude? It's a good one to have, i'm proud of it...

~Jenni~

They wind up sounding like this:

Oh gosh, i BAAWWW a lot

And my attitude? I CAN HAZ BAAAAAWWWWtism!

LOL WUT? "Tilde"? WUT IZ DAT LOL

'I' am going to go to great lengths not to fit in or read the FAQ LOL

LOL i took a dump on your rug

BAAAWWWW i am too speshul and important to use proper capitalization, spelling or grammar

BAAAWWWW u guiz r SO MEEEEN

BAA BAA BAA MATY should behave in the way i think is best

wiggles Jenni wiggles

This particular sheeple is giving JonaFootbullets a run for its money.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
LurkieMoar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009 May 30, 08:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One should always associate one's self with a forum's etiquette before becoming a full-fledged member in order to look a little less like a speshul snowflake.  It's also known as LURK MOAR as has been pointed out, time and time again!

As someone else who has been in the Simming communities since the dawning of Sim time, I am often amazed at how many people do plunge straight in without lurking for a while.

Hook (who has been signing his online posts since before most of you were born)

Ah, those were the days.  Usenet, that's where we used to hang out before all these modern web-based forums sprouted and yes, we signed our online posts ;  it's not a 12-year-old foible at all.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 May 30, 09:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww...my first boob noob sporked to cannage. *wipes away a tear of pride* If only mamma could see me now!

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 May 30, 13:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding it incredibly ironic that it either refuses to capitalize the 'I', or leaves it out of the sentence altogether, but is so obviously full of self importance.
Why this aversion to giving the personal pronoun its proper due, while insisting on special treatment for itself?

There's no apostrophe when using the possessive form of the word "it".

Yeah, um, good eye, there. I like to, yeah, um, intentionally throw in obvious mistakes just to see who catches them. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Dammit!!!

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 May 30, 14:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awwww...my first boob noob sporked to cannage. *wipes away a tear of pride* If only mamma could see me now!

Watch out, you will be hooked now.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 May 30, 16:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have dyslexia. I don't post often because I am not awesome. All who are not awesome should follow my advice.

Lurk MOAR.
STFU.
J.M. has a pack of wild boars, ready to climb right up your ass. All will celebrate as they violate you in ways that cannot be imagined by those who haven't experienced it.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 May 30, 16:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From ThyGuy's signature:

Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!

I am so using this in the future. Also, good advice. Why is it that only the smart ones actually take this advice though? It's one of those vicious circle thingies. The ones smart enough to do what ThyGuy advises would probably be just fine on the forum. The ones who need to take the advice never do. Le Sigh.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 May 30, 16:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>

Also, stop abusing your poor language. What has it ever done to you?

Stop the language abuse. For just minutes a day, you too can end the cycle of abuse. Millions of literate adults will stop sporking you.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2009 May 30, 17:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, you can't even spell your username. Insane, possibly. Grammar anything, I think not.

Ah, that.  My hands type slower than my mind can think, sometimes, so I end up looking stupid, and such was the case when I made this account years ago.  I didn't make another account to fix the mistake because that's generally a big no-no and seen as trolling on other sites, so I decided to just stick with it and let people point and laugh. 

Of course, I hang out on 4chan regularly, so perhaps the stupidity is rubbing onto me somewhat.  Uh oh.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 May 30, 17:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't make another account to fix the mistake because that's generally a big no-no and seen as trolling on other sites, so I decided to just stick with it and let people point and laugh.

You don't need to; just go in your profile and modify it. You username (the one with which you login) remains the same, but you can modify the visible one, i.e. the one which is displayed.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2009 May 30, 18:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, for Christ's sake.  I wish I'd known that long ago.  Didn't realize this board had that function.  Thank you so much for that tidbit of knowledge!   I decided to shorten it as well since it's rather long.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 30, 18:18:37 by Zaphod Beeblebrox » Logged

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: