More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:37:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.  (Read 488042 times)
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
« Reply #200 on: 2009 May 29, 19:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to refer everyone of the original post. The following quote in particular:

Pescado has strongly suggested that grammatical errors and other behaviour demanding the sharp spork be handled by a barrage of PMs, rather than excessive poking in the thread

I would have posted this earlier yet was afk, so I think all of you should be feeling bad about yourselves in the handling of the new can. It was meant to be handled via PM not sporks in thread, shame on you all.
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 May 29, 19:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Psst. Hook. We know who you are, your lecherness. You don't need to sign your posts. Ta ta now.

I'm reasonably sure that the Hookster is aware that signing his posts is not obligatory. I am, furthermore, pretty much certain that he chooses to sign his posts. I am also confident that Hook is grown up enough for you to be explicit with your comments. If you want to say: "Hook, stop signing your posts!" then simply say it. This coy, sly obfuscation is beneath you and, might I add, disrespectful given the years of e-lechery that have been so selflessly provided by the esteemed former Senator.

[14:23] <Rhayden> Hey Hook.
[14:23] <Hook> Hey Rhayden Smiley
[14:23] <Rhayden> Do me a favor and stop signing your posts like a fucking 12-year-old girl.

Like this?

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 May 29, 20:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this what you meant?

Exactly.  Thanks.  Do people actually do that?

Hook (who has been signing his online posts since before most of you were born)

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 May 29, 20:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rhayden, I thought about that, but that shows actual annoyance. I'm not that annoyed. Hence, I was intentionally coy. Good to know that translated well.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 May 29, 20:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to refer everyone of the original post. The following quote in particular:

Pescado has strongly suggested that grammatical errors and other behaviour demanding the sharp spork be handled by a barrage of PMs, rather than excessive poking in the thread

I would have posted this earlier yet was afk, so I think all of you should be feeling bad about yourselves in the handling of the new can. It was meant to be handled via PM not sporks in thread, shame on you all.

I thought about that, but I thought maybe he was referring only to threads where the subject was not some sort of ass-hattery or related tardism.  Still, I've sent two PM sporks, and received utterly no reply.  How unsatisfying.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2009 May 29, 20:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does it say about me if I always write I in print, even when the rest of my writing is (mostly) in cursive?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 May 29, 20:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this what you meant?

Exactly.  Thanks.  Do people actually do that?

Hook (who has been signing his online posts since before most of you were born)

Write like that? Yes.
Or perform Handwriting analysis? Also, yes - great party perk.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 May 29, 20:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, this is why even though I've been in the Simming communities since the dawning of Sim time, I rarely post unless there's something important to say (or something random, as this shit-thread obviously dictates) because who wants to look like a tard on the internets?  Only a...well, tard.

One should always associate one's self with a forum's etiquette before becoming a full-fledged member in order to look a little less like a speshul snowflake.  It's also known as LURK MOAR as has been pointed out, time and time again!

(I used to be an administrator on several forums and am an insane Grammar Nazi according to my speshul husband.)

Dude, you can't even spell your username. Insane, possibly. Grammar anything, I think not.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 May 29, 20:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does it say about me if I always write I in print, even when the rest of my writing is (mostly) in cursive?

It says that you are a cock-headed fucknut that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 May 29, 20:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That you fail at writing in cursive.  Wink

Damn! Both beaten and outdone by a non-n00b.  I have much to learn, it seems.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 May 29, 21:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I write in a mesh of cursive and print. My "I" is always in print. I are fucknut, too?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 May 29, 22:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be taken with a grain of salt:

It depends. If a person writes with an open ‘I', without being crossed at the top or bottom, they have an orphaned attitude about themselves - as already stated. They possibly didn't spend much time with their parents, or they had to physically raise themselves, or felt like they did - depending on the situation. This creates an individual that isn't influenced by either parent since neither parent made much of an impact.

If it's a closed ‘I', that is both crossed at the top and bottom, I believe it hints at resentment or enforcement in regards to a person's parent(s), or possibly a feeling of being overburdened/cut off by one or both of them depending on where the stronger cross is. If I recall correctly, the general rule is to just imagine both the maternal and/or paternal influence cutting off the individual and stopping them from going in either direction. (i.e.: Dad wants son to be a doctor; son wants to be a video game designer = loss of opportunity is met with resentment)

It's been a while since I studied all of this (back in the early nineties and mostly out of curiosity) so, I may be a little rusty, and of course, the rest of the handwriting helps to paint a better picture and can give a better hint at what is going on.

None of this is gospel though - I just find it interesting because it's fun.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2009 May 29, 22:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds a bit like those games where you add up all the letters from your name and your crush's name to find out if it's TWU WUV to me.  What if my entire handwriting style is heavily influenced by the fact that I apparently never learned correct penmanship, and writing for more than about ten seconds at a time causes horrible pain in my wrist which inevitably turns any further writing into a wibbly unintelligible mess?

Simchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 May 29, 22:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm going to get my ass kicked but I could not resist. Nine pages of totally irrelevant shit. And I read (past tense) every last page because this site cracks me up.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 May 29, 22:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then the analysis of your handwriting would be incorrect.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: 2009 May 29, 22:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grammar is never irrelevant on MATY.

Gelatinous - how would you come up with a "true" analysis of my handwriting, then?  What innate properties about me, besides the dexterity of my hands and the way I was taught to write English, have anything to do with how my handwriting turns out?

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 May 29, 22:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm going to get my ass kicked but I could not resist. Nine pages of totally irrelevant shit. And I read (past tense) every last page because this site cracks me up.

What is this meant to do? Make us feel sorry for you because you have poor impulse control?

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 May 29, 22:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least you found a point.  I was not so lucky.  I am still scratching my head like a cock-notched fucknut wondering what Simchicks are talking about and, perhaps more importantly, why.
Crabcat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 May 29, 22:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding it incredibly ironic that it either refuses to capitalize the 'I', or leaves it out of the sentence altogether, but is so obviously full of self importance.
Why this aversion to giving the personal pronoun it's proper due, while insisting on special treatment for itself?

What manner of psychosis is this? Someone with learnings of psychology please explain.

Failing to capitalize "I" shows a diminishing of self. In this case, the insistent use of the uncapitalized pronoun plus the poster's extreme defensive posture point to a serious inferiority complex. Poor baby doesn't like herself very much, but deeply resents that anyone would point that out. I'd guess she needs some couch time.

I'll now resume teh lurk.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 May 29, 22:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no need to signpost your tense. We are not illiterate. Unless that's meant to be a joke, in which case it majorly fails. Here's a question for the floor: if you know that what you're going to say is stupid and pointless, why on earth would you bother to post it?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 May 29, 22:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a question for the floor: if you know that what you're going to say is stupid and pointless, why on earth would you bother to post it?

Rohina already answered that for us with "lack of impulse control."
Simchick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 May 29, 23:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this meant to do? Make us feel sorry for you because you have poor impulse control?

Maybe a nod to your lack of impulse control? Why don't you just ignore me? I'm curious; Do you all act like this in real life or is there some transformation when you log onto MATY?
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 May 29, 23:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grammar is never irrelevant on MATY.

Gelatinous - how would you come up with a "true" analysis of my handwriting, then?  What innate properties about me, besides the dexterity of my hands and the way I was taught to write English, have anything to do with how my handwriting turns out?

Supposedly, there are subconscious aspects at play.

With disabilities in mind, these aspects of a person's handwriting should remain fairly consistent:

The tilt (left/right) suggests how introverted/extroverted a person is. If it goes in both directions during a sentence, mood swings and flightiness are apparent.

The height of the upper stems of letters like ‘h', ‘l', ‘b' suggest how far a person is willing to strive for knowledge. The width of those upper stems suggests how inflated their ego is.

‘t' and ‘d' are a bit different though; their height reveals individuality. If the stems are short, the person is more of their own individual.

The heaviness of the cross to a ‘t' shows how much staying power a person has (will they follow through? How much effort will they put into it? Do they do it with flair?).

The reach of the lower stems (‘y', ‘g', ‘p') suggest how much of a root that person has and how much emphasis they put on family and friends. Fat curves that close show a person that hangs onto their friends and family more than someone that drops their letters off in a straight line, etc… etc…

Heaviness of print up to the type of pen a person chooses to use (fine or bold) all tell a little bit of something about a person, as well as how close the letters in a word are in comparison to actual word spacing and the base-line direction.

Also, they say that people that break between printing and writing within a word or sentence tend to be more intuitive than someone who doesn't - the more broken the word is toward print, the more intuitive.

And like Hook said earlier, it does sound very much like numerology, doesn't it?

linz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 May 29, 23:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious; Do you all act like this in real life or is there some transformation when you log onto MATY?

I second this. I recently wrote a research paper on "Internet Socializing" and "Online Communities" and NOT to my surprise the findings indicated that over 30% of the users in these communities seem to develop a second persona, which is usually close to the opposite or the exact opposite of their true personality of the outside world.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 May 29, 23:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious; Do you all act like this in real life or is there some transformation when you log onto MATY?

I second this. I recently wrote a research paper on "Internet Socializing" and "Online Communities" and NOT to my surprise the findings indicated that over 30% of the users in these communities seem to develop a second persona, which is usually close to the opposite or the exact opposite of their true personality of the outside world.

We're actually much meaner in real life. We try to curb our behavior here, give people the benefit of the doubt, yadda, yadda. Always remember, we don't know you; we probably don't like you. Our responses to your drivel will likely reflect these feelings. If you can show yourselves to be made of stern stuff, can take some sporking and come back with a pithy retort, you might be accepted here. Otherwise, GTFO. Thanks.

Oh, and, generally speaking to all that is MATY noobdom, stop with the "Pes" already. He REALLY doesn't know you and he likes you even less than the rest of us do. He's not your BFF, FFS.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: