More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:56:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.  (Read 484940 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
« Reply #175 on: 2009 May 29, 18:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not like our modus operandi is not well known around Sims forums.  Why n00bs come to MATY and feel that somehow the MATY culture just doesn't apply to them, because they're so speshul, is beyond my comprehension.

I mean, LOOK at this:
SimplyComplex and the rest of the please overlook my behavior/spelling/or what the fuck ever crew should take notes. MATY is full of knowledge and information however you will get more from observing rather than pressuring or ass kissing.

One last thing, you will never ever, ever fucking win. So give in or get out.

It's a parody - it's like one sheep trying to spork another sheep, for BEING a sheep.  No recognition that they're both mutton kebabs.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 18:26:12 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 May 29, 18:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's not like our modus operandi is not well known around Sims forums.  Why n00bs come to MATY and feel that somehow the MATY culture just doesn't apply to them, because they're so speshul, is beyond my comprehension.

Most of us know using a conjunction to start a sentence is bad form in proper English and grammar. Conjunctions are used to connect words not start sentences.

EDIT: Corrected my own use of Conjunction at the start of a sentence. Stoopid me.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 18:54:24 by mickeyjr » Logged
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 May 29, 18:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet, most of us know using a conjunction to start a sentence is bad form in proper English and grammar. Conjunctions are used to connect words not start sentences.

But we do it anyway. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

On the other hand, a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 May 29, 18:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll just go back in my corner now. Thanks and bye.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 May 29, 18:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's not like our modus operandi is not well known around Sims forums.  Why n00bs come to MATY and feel that somehow the MATY culture just doesn't apply to them, because they're so speshul, is beyond my comprehension.

Yet, most of us know using a conjunction to start a sentence is bad form in proper English and grammar. Conjunctions are used to connect words not start sentences.

This is an outdated rule and something that can be used occasionally for effect. I would question your comma use in that sentence, bee tee double u.

What next, arguing that we should adopt the new spelling of "cooky?"

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 May 29, 18:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding it incredibly ironic that it either refuses to capitalize the 'I', or leaves it out of the sentence altogether, but is so obviously full of self importance.
Why this aversion to giving the personal pronoun it's proper due, while insisting on special treatment for itself?

What manner of psychosis is this? Someone with learnings of psychology please explain.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 May 29, 18:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet, most of us know using a conjunction to start a sentence is bad form in proper English and grammar.

This is an outdated rule and something that can be used occasionally for effect. I would question your comma use in that sentence, bee tee double u.

Did someone miss that mickeyjr started that sentence with a conjunction?  On purpose? Cheesy

Gotta love it!

Hook

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 May 29, 18:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had always thought it was spelled "kooky". Though now I crave a cookie.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 May 29, 18:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's not like our modus operandi is not well known around Sims forums.  Why n00bs come to MATY and feel that somehow the MATY culture just doesn't apply to them, because they're so speshul, is beyond my comprehension.

Very well, have it your way.  Corrected.  Now you'll likely point out that this post does not include complete sentences.  There is some license to use conversational speech constructions, lolcat speak, and other "non-standard" forms of phrasing.  You have to know when this is appropriate in the given cultural context.  Similarly, you might want to consider the appropriateness of strangers coming into your house to criticise your table manners.

I have, this time, picked up my fork in "deference" (and I use the word advisedly) to your sensibilities.  Pray don't make me use it.

Tribulatio proxima est
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 May 29, 18:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet, most of us know using a conjunction to start a sentence is bad form in proper English and grammar.

Did someone miss that mickeyjr started that sentence with a conjunction?  On purpose? Cheesy

Gotta love it!

Hook

LOL, yes I did. Talk about noobism. I should have started it with however or something like that. I wasn't paying attention and it bit me in the ass.

P&L at me. Teach me for correcting someone. I think I'll go LURK MOAR.

Very well, have it your way.  Corrected.  Now you'll likely point out that this post does not include complete sentences.  There is some license to use conversational speech constructions, lolcat speak, and other "non-standard" forms of phrasing.  You have to know when this is appropriate in the given cultural context.  Similarly, you might want to consider the appropriateness of strangers coming into your house to criticise your table manners.

I have, this time, picked up my fork in "deference" (and I use the word advisedly) to your sensibilities.  Pray don't make me use it.

No, I screwed up using "Yet". I will pay for it I'm sure.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 May 29, 18:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* phyllis thinks mickeyjr is campaigning for the Ms. Sheeple contest.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 May 29, 18:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I would have to do far more to even be in that running.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 May 29, 18:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Campaigning is dangerous, based on precedent, since it may bite you in the ass. On the other hand, bribery is always a good strategery.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 May 29, 19:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did someone miss that mickeyjr started that sentence with a conjunction?  On purpose? Cheesy

LOL, yes I did. Talk about noobism. I should have started it with however or something like that. I wasn't paying attention and it bit me in the ass.

Aw, man... I figured you did it intentionally.  You should have taken the ball and run with it.  Still, no one seems to have noticed, or they'd have given you shit for it.

Hook

Edited twice to fix my leet quoting skills.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 May 29, 19:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did someone miss that mickeyjr started that sentence with a conjunction?  On purpose? Cheesy

Aw, man... I figured you did it intentionally.  You should have taken the ball and run with it.  Still, no one seems to have noticed, or they'd have given you shit for it.

Hook

And here I was assuming that it was a fuck up. Nice try, though, Hook.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 May 29, 19:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here I was assuming that it was a fuck up. Nice try, though, Hook.

It turns out it WAS a fuck up, and a glorious one at that.  Complaining about starting a sentence with a conjunction while starting that very same complaint with a conjunction.  How good does it get? I mean, NO one fucks up THAT badly. Cheesy

Hook

GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 May 29, 19:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding it incredibly ironic that it either refuses to capitalize the 'I', or leaves it out of the sentence altogether, but is so obviously full of self importance.
Why this aversion to giving the personal pronoun it's proper due, while insisting on special treatment for itself?

What manner of psychosis is this? Someone with learnings of psychology please explain.

I really wish you didn't ask, because now I have to muse over it.

According to handwriting analysis, the ‘I' is in relation to the parental influence. It is the height of the upper letters that foretell of someone's level of self-importance.

For instance, a written capital ‘I' that is closed on the top, suggests a person that is maternally influenced; if closed at the bottom, the influence is fraternal  paternal - closed at both ends or not closed at all should be apparent at this point, and a straight ‘I' in handwriting is a sign of an orphan or someone who feels no connection to their parents.

Perhaps the refusal to capitalize one's ‘I' in type has something to do with defiance against one's parents, and a need to prove and enforce upon one's own individuality, which almost seems to be the case here.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 19:21:33 by GelatinousSubstance » Logged

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 May 29, 19:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, sounds like numerology to me.  I assume you mean "paternal" rather than "fraternal"... that one confused me a bit at first.

Perhaps you can supply pics of said differences.  I can't visualize them from your descriptions.

Hook

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 May 29, 19:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know you've been nominated, yes?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 May 29, 19:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know you've been nominated, yes?
Yes. However, my noobism hasn't been on the scale of some of the other noobs. I might put my foot in my mouth, as above, but I know when to own up and shut up. My last thread taught me that. Think it is time for me to go back into LURK MOAR mode for a while.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 May 29, 19:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, sounds like numerology to me.  I assume you mean "paternal" rather than "fraternal"... that one confused me a bit at first.

Perhaps you can supply pics of said differences.  I can't visualize them from your descriptions.

Hook

Psst. Hook. We know who you are, your lecherness. You don't need to sign your posts. Ta ta now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 May 29, 19:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook

My bad. Corrected, and thanks.

Is this what you meant?

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 May 29, 19:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* I suppose it could, if not for the fact that its watermelon on the avatar's head, not a kumquat at all.  The point I was attempting to make to the now banished annoyance was that there is -no- excuse for glaring spelling and punctuation marks.  Even being dyslexic isn't an excuse.

Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 May 29, 19:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Psst. Hook. We know who you are, your lecherness. You don't need to sign your posts. Ta ta now.

I'm reasonably sure that the Hookster is aware that signing his posts is not obligatory. I am, furthermore, pretty much certain that he chooses to sign his posts. I am also confident that Hook is grown up enough for you to be explicit with your comments. If you want to say: "Hook, stop signing your posts!" then simply say it. This coy, sly obfuscation is beneath you and, might I add, disrespectful given the years of e-lechery that have been so selflessly provided by the esteemed former Senator.

Not dead but gone by four.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2009 May 29, 19:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, this is why even though I've been in the Simming communities since the dawning of Sim time, I rarely post unless there's something important to say (or something random, as this shit-thread obviously dictates) because who wants to look like a tard on the internets?  Only a...well, tard.

One should always associate one's self with a forum's etiquette before becoming a full-fledged member in order to look a little less like a speshul snowflake.  It's also known as LURK MOAR as has been pointed out, time and time again!

(I used to be an administrator on several forums and am an insane Grammar Nazi according to my speshul husband.)

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: