More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:47:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.  (Read 488789 times)
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
« Reply #125 on: 2009 May 29, 15:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can only take things the way you type them.  That is what everyone is saying.

Precisely.
Everyone is 'blaming you' for having failed to express yourself clearly because you failed to express yourself clearly.
If you frequent other forums, you may be aware that each has it's own standards and codes of conduct. Such is the case with MATY.

You are being cited for failure to comply. Lack of compliance generally results in being poked with sharp sticks and eventually killed with fire.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 May 29, 15:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not as simple as that because they came back at me telling me i meant things that i had never written. Twisting ways i had worded things. Like some of the examples i brought up. The words i use are the words i mean, if i don't say things like 'i think you should all change for me' then thats what i meant to not put. But i've had people coming back to me with 'oh so you want us to change for you' type thing. Near the beginning i said how a spelling mistake is so bad, and i got things back saying that you basically have no intelligence if you don't capitalize something etc. So from asking an innocent enough question, people make it personal by stating what a person is if they don't spell the way THEY want. Then telling me how i don't get the way it works here even though more than once i had stated i understood. So if i took care to make it clear i understood, yet still got people repeating themselves that i didn't, just who has made the mistake there. Not me! Bottom line on the subject of this thread though, is that this site would still be good and non-n00bish even if people forgot the odd apostrophe or capital. The odd grammar drop isn't the same as people coming on going 'yo peepz, sims 3 iz da bomb (or not as the case may be) ^.^ w00t'. And it seems to be that people don't want THAT type on here?

~Jenni~
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 May 29, 15:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and I'm dyslexic.  Do you know what I do when typing?  Unless I'm in an MMO and about to die, I -spellcheck-.  I make sure my spelling makes sense because 'hsit' does not make sense, but this does.

And when I have typed in another language, I do the same thing, since with my limited vocabulary, I could accidentally say that my mother is a kumquat, which also would make no sense.
Carokube
Asinine Airhead

Asleep at the wheel.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: 2009 May 29, 15:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread has murdered me from the laughing.

I guess you couldn't call me greedy!
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 May 29, 15:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just that in this day its natural to not worry too much about grammar on the net. And we're not even talking about jumbled up words here, they're on about things like not capitalising an 'I'. While some people may be anal about spelling, this type of mishap won't in any way affect a post.

~Jenni~
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 May 29, 15:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could accidentally say that my mother is a kumquat, which also would make no sense.
Judging by your avatar, I'd say that would make perfect sense.

It's just that in this day its natural to not worry too much about grammar on the net. And we're not even talking about jumbled up words here, they're on about things like not capitalising an 'I'. While some people may be anal about spelling, this type of mishap won't in any way affect a post.

You can't call it a mishap when you've clearly indicated that you're doing it intentionally.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 May 29, 15:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not as simple as that because they came back at me telling me i meant things that i had never written. Twisting ways i had worded things. Like some of the examples i brought up. The words i use are the words i mean, if i don't say things like 'i think you should all change for me' then thats what i meant to not put. But i've had people coming back to me with 'oh so you want us to change for you' type thing. Near the beginning i said how a spelling mistake is so bad, and i got things back saying that you basically have no intelligence if you don't capitalize something etc. So from asking an innocent enough question, people make it personal by stating what a person is if they don't spell the way THEY want. Then telling me how i don't get the way it works here even though more than once i had stated i understood. So if i took care to make it clear i understood, yet still got people repeating themselves that i didn't, just who has made the mistake there. Not me! Bottom line on the subject of this thread though, is that this site would still be good and non-n00bish even if people forgot the odd apostrophe or capital. The odd grammar drop isn't the same as people coming on going 'yo peepz, sims 3 iz da bomb (or not as the case may be) ^.^ w00t'. And it seems to be that people don't want THAT type on here?

That's what you meant to not put? Well congratulations, you not putted the hell out of it.

We keep saying that you don't understand because you are not making any changes in your behavior that show you understand.
Your post above is not 'lacking the odd apostrophe', it's riddled with errors and just damn annoying to read.
This what we DO NOT WANT.

And they aren't asking you to spell the way they want, they're asking you spell things the way they are spelled. Spelling is not
subjective, you nit.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
mibsywibsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 May 29, 15:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The simple truth is this: these people are not capable of dictating terms to another human face-to-face, so they take the easier (and slightly cowardly) alternative - to attack and gang up on 12 year olds on the internet, who dared to make a spelling mistake.

You do realize that '12s' does not actually refer to twelve year olds, right? Right?

And how pitiful are thee.

Just fucking kill yourself.

AVAST YE NERDS
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 May 29, 15:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jenni, some friendly advice.  You can't win, as hundreds have found out before you.  Don't fight it.  Clean up your posts as best you can, and don't argue with the criticisms.  Every word you type in your own defense is a word you aren't typing in a contribution to the game.

For most of us, lousy grammar/spelling/capitalization/punctuation/usage is annoying.  So at least try, ok?

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2009 May 29, 15:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray! This noob brings us gay pronreaux! I vote we keep this one.

Aforementioned noob does appear to have some authority on gay pr0n, which is a highly marketable skill of course.. It would behoove us to accept him into the fold.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 May 29, 15:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aforementioned noob does appear to have some authority on gay pr0n, which is a highly marketable skill of course.. It would behoove us to accept him into the fold.

Hey Merle, long time no peep. Glad you are undaunted by our vish 12s.  Wink

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 May 29, 15:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats just the way i type. I don't use silly n00b speak, or 'pmsl' everywhere, but yeah, i do cut corners with capital I's. And it's not riddled with errors. And 'in your opinion is annoying', yes. I also love the way you use 'we' to refer to yourselves. It's like your a cult or something. You seem to forget you don't own the site, even if you feel you are some type of minion. Pescado hasn't once really said anything himself about how to behave with grammar, this thread wasn't even created by him! I said i understood, now you are telling me AGAIN that i don't and telling me the reason why you think it. I'm careful that i type things to an 'alright' standard, but i know i just won't be able to keep to making sure every tiny thing is done 'the proper' way. And it has nothing to so with doing it 'intentionally'. It's my habit, but it gets me by. If the guy in charge asks me to try harder than perhaps it's more worth thinking about.  

I'm not trying to 'win' anything. Was just having a conversation

~Jenni~
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 May 29, 15:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats just the way i type. I don't use silly n00b speak, or 'pmsl' everywhere, but yeah, i do cut corners with capital I's. And it's not riddled with errors. And 'in your opinion is annoying', yes. I also love the way you use 'we' to refer to yourselves. It's like your a cult or something. You seem to forget you don't own the site, even if you feel you are some type of minion. Pescado hasn't once really said anything himself about how to behave with grammar, this thread wasn't even created by him! I said i understood, now you are telling me AGAIN that i don't and telling me the reason why you think it. I'm careful that i type things to an 'alright' standard, but i know i just won't be able to keep to making sure every tiny thing is done 'the proper' way. And it has nothing to so with doing it 'intentionally'. It's my habit, but it gets me by. If the guy in charge asks me to try harder than perhaps it's more worth thinking about.  

GO MASTURBATE ON LJ, WDC.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 May 29, 15:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then telling me how i don't get the way it works here even though more than once i had stated i understood. So if i took care to make it clear i understood, yet still got people repeating themselves that i didn't, just who has made the mistake there. Not me! Bottom line on the subject of this thread though, is that this site would still be good and non-n00bish even if people forgot the odd apostrophe or capital. The odd grammar drop isn't the same as people coming on going 'yo peepz, sims 3 iz da bomb (or not as the case may be) ^.^ w00t'. And it seems to be that people don't want THAT type on here?

If you understand, why are you continuing to post like an idiot without proper capitalization?  Do you think you are going to win the day with all your "i mean this, i mean that, by all means i understands?"  We repeat ourselves because you seem to need the repetition in order to learn.  Rather like a dog learning a new trick, you are.  Sadly, most dogs would have learned by now.  You are the unfortunate tard dog that insists on pissing the rug though it should know better.  You will be assessed and treated as such.  Enjoy your time here, SimplyStupid.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2009 May 29, 15:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Merle, long time no peep. Glad you are undaunted by our vish 12s.  Wink

Oh, no worries... I'll probably go MIA again in less than a week, completely independent of 12s population. It is my way.

On the other hand, you may see me around.. I'm desperate to mod the cocoon baby blanket and pudding-face textures. Only time will tell.  Wink

Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2009 May 29, 15:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 May 29, 15:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i may not spell like some people want me to, but i have more intelligence than to resort to stupid name calling.

Does jacking off a cat count? Because i've done that  Lips sealed all in the name of vet care though lol.

~Jenni~
msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 May 29, 15:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* Typing to your 'alright standard' is not going to cut it here. Your 'alright' is our horrible. 'We', and 'our', meaning the majority of
people who are regular posters and who prefer this standard. The citizenry, the MATYians.
And what do you mean 'cut corners with capital I's'? The shift key is no further when typing an 'I' as it is for any other letter, and
there is no shortage of capital letters as far as I know.

Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse.
That was a brilliant, vivid illustration.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 15:58:52 by msalwaysright » Logged

CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 May 29, 15:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not trying to 'win' anything. Was just having a conversation

I really don't think you want Pes to come in here to tell you anything.  You're likely to just get summarily nuked if he has to trouble himself with you.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 May 29, 15:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just that in this day its natural to not worry too much about grammar on the net

There are so many things wrong with this I can't even pick one to start with.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 May 29, 15:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet you had to take the time to state it?

~Jenni~
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 May 29, 15:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like your you're a cult or something. You seem to forget you don't own the site, even if you feel you are some type of minion. Pescado hasn't once really said anything himself about how to behave with grammar, this thread wasn't even created by him! (snip) If the guy in charge asks me to try harder than perhaps it's more worth thinking about.  

Grammar Police has been sanctioned by JMP.  He is a manager who knows how to delegate.

Read the FAQ (also sanctioned by JMP).  Stop acting like a 12.  

We ARE a cult, you know.  And we don't like you.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 May 29, 15:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realize that '12s' does not actually refer to twelve year olds, right? Right?
Uh, yes. Yes it does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 May 29, 15:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh i'm just distraught.. Really.

~Jenni~
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 May 29, 15:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just the way I type. I don't use silly n00b speak, or 'pmsl' everywhere, but yeah, I do cut corners with capital I's. And it's not riddled with errors. And 'in your opinion is annoying', yes. I also love the way you use 'we' to refer to yourselves. It's like you're a cult or something. You seem to forget you don't own the site, even if you feel you are some type of minion. Pescado hasn't once really said anything himself about how to behave with grammar, this thread wasn't even created by him! I said I understood, now you are telling me AGAIN that I don't and telling me the reason why you think it. I'm careful thatI type things to an 'alright' standard,I take care to type things to an 'alright' standard, but I know I just won't be able to keep to making sure every tiny thing is done 'the proper' way. And it has nothing to so with doing it 'intentionally'. It's my habit, but it gets me by. If the guy in charge asks me to try harder than perhaps it's more worth thinking about.  

I'm not trying to 'win' anything. Was just having a conversation.

Pescado TOLD you IN THIS THREAD that he delegates to Grammar Police, dumbass.  Also, make LESS mistakes when you're telling people you "understand" otherwise you end up sounding like a moron who doesn't understand, surprisingly enough.  Your writing IS riddled with errors, and it seems like you haven't taken the care to even think about what you're typing, let alone check it for mistakes.

If the site owner tells me to spell my i's as capitals then i will, thats fair enough. But to say someone isn't intelligent all because of a capital here and there on a forum? Come on, please. Like intelligence comes down to that. You could be a bloody heart surgeon yet be dyslexic. I thought you also said tedious people were tards.. well thats you all still included. My god, now it's all coming down to an 'i'. I I I I I I I I I I I I I oooooo bet you feel good now! Have you got tingles.
Look, site owners are busy people. We have Grammar Police for that. Notice how OTHER sites have piles of moderators, but *WE* have GRAMMAR POLICE. There's a reason for that. Quit being a stupid.

How clear does he have to be, exactly?  You do NOT want him coming to your house to explain it to you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: