More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:03:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.  (Read 487741 times)
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
« Reply #50 on: 2009 May 29, 12:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing as my career is animal care, if you like i could tell you the numerous humane ways of puppy training? Anyway, there is always a choice.. you use a 'rolled up paper' and do something that is uncalled for and meant to be bad, or you use some other way that won't offend and isn't intentionally rude. None of the people making spelling mistakes in this forum are intentionally trying to piss anyone off or be rude, but all the people who reply to these mistakes intentionally mean to be horrible and that is where the politeness is lost on those people.

~Jenni~
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 May 29, 12:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To borrow a quote from the beautiful Patrick Bateman, I fail to see how this is my problem.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 May 29, 12:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You make it your problem.

~Jenni~
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2009 May 29, 12:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grammar and spelled, moron.

"Spelt" is a correct and common British form of the past, and past participle, of "Spell". Since the poster is fairly obviously (c.f. "arsehole") a Briton, or colonial offshoot, I feel we have to let them have this.

ORLY? I even double checked to make sure I didn't embarrass myself, but it didn't help apparently. Thanks, that was graet. I do like to learn.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 May 29, 12:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You make it your problem.

I'm not the one that looks like Helen Keller has control of their keyboard; problem's not on my end.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 May 29, 12:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But no ones doing that, or only a tiny few. It's like you've become so paranoid and obsessed that you are trying to be 'changed' that you've spun it all out of proportion. People make spelling mistakes, it's one of those little things but there is no need to bring up people on every single one!

Yes.  Yes there is a need.  This is how things ARE.  There is your definition of politeness, which is not currently in effect on MATY.  The norms of behaviour here dictate that we do not tolerate sheep, tardn00bs, and those who otherwise annoy us.  Poor spelling and grammar annoys us.  Actually, rather a lot of things, defined and undefined, annoy us.  This is the way we like it.  If one starts making exceptions for one or two n00bs (Oh, she's just new, young, stupid, whatever...) then we have started down the slippery slope into the mediocre world of happy happy forums, and that would be bad for MOAR FIGHT.  So, as you can see, it is very important to spork every instance whenever possible and lulzy.

Tribulatio proxima est
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 May 29, 12:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what reaction would you give your child (if you have/had one), say a teenager who had accidently spelled something wrong. If you told them how to spell it properly you wouldn't use any of the language that people use in here. My only point is that on forums where you get people from everywhere, you are going to get mistakes, some people are just excited about getting a point across or something so rush the message. When you read over it, it really doesn't matter if 'their' or 'there' is round the wrong way. It's the content that should be important. But even if you can't help but get bothered by it, there's different ways of going about it. That's all

~Jenni~
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 May 29, 12:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what reaction would you give your child (if you have/had one), say a teenager who had accidently spelled something wrong. If you told them how to spell it properly you wouldn't use any of the language that people use in here. My only point is that on forums where you get people from everywhere, you are going to get mistakes, some people are just excited about getting a point across or something so rush the message. When you read over it, it really doesn't matter if 'their' or 'there' is round the wrong way. It's the content that should be important. But even if you can't help but get bothered by it, there's different ways of going about it. That's all

Hey fuck-knuckle - this is a board designed for 18s, not 12s. Fact of the matter is these tards are *NOT* our children; we don't *HAVE* to hold their hand and tell them they shouldn't lick windows and eat paste. We don't *HAVE* to be nice here. To go back to the analogy from earlier, this is our house and it's our rules - if we want to beat you like a red headed stepchild while you're under our roof, no one can stop us.

SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 May 29, 12:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you turned out to be a wondeful person didn't you. I just think all this is such a shame.

~Jenni~
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 May 29, 12:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SC, you obviously didn't bother to read much of this forum, did you? Else you'd know it doesn't do polite...if by 'polite' you mean "treacly false welcome topped with passive-aggressive requests and iced with fake smileys when what you really want is to kick those annoying buggers to hell". Your comparison is stupid, because one's own kid <>random annoying douche on the 'net. As for it "doesn't matter if 'their' or 'there'", well...it's good you're in animal edumacation, not people. Although I bet puppies trained by you pee everywhere and on everything, what with your attitude.

P.S.: Oh, I just now noticed your sig is bracketed with ~s. This makes anything you say null and void by default.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 May 29, 12:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you turned out to be a wondeful person didn't you. I just think all this is such a shame.

Oh sugartits, this is the internet. I don't have to be nice to you because I don't know you from Adam. You're not someone I have to see in meatspace on a daily basis, you have *zero* effect on anything that relates to having an effect on my life. Unlike some of the bleeding axe wounds around here ala Ellatrout, I don't equate people on the internet with meatspace. I'm a totally different person in meatspace because the social norms and contexts dictate that I have to be, because in meatspace I'm in someone else's house and am a guest (see how the analogy keeps working? Damn I'm good). Here it's my house and if I want my feet up on my coffee table I damn well will put them up so get back in the kitchen and bake me a pie or STFU.

MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 May 29, 12:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now you know where MATY gets its' reputation. We're the big bullies who insist on proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

You might think it's a shame, but we certainly don't. Our house, our rules.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 May 29, 12:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now you know where MATY gets its' reputation. We're the big bullies who insist on proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

You might think it's a shame, but we certainly don't. Our house, our rules.

There was a speck on your message, I cleaned it up for you.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 May 29, 12:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. The majority of forums would actually agree with you about hand holding tards and would welcome you with smileys. You might have to wait a few more days to post about your illegally pirated Sims 3 games at those forums, but once it's been released I'm sure you and all the other n00btards will be much happier in that kind of atmosphere.
People who have been at MATY for a long time choose to stay here because we prefer to not be bothered with trying to decipher the poorly spelled and incomprehensible ramblings of people who can't be bothered to learn their language properly. We don't want to see MATY become like the BBS or all the other happy forums, and we don't appreciate you all streaming in here and demanding we treat you like they do at forums we don't like and don't want to be like.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 May 29, 12:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, we did turn out to be 'wondeful' people ~Jenni~. Thanks for noticing. You may think this is such a shame, I happen to think it's hilarious.

Just because this is "the Internet" does not mean that you should stop using the rules of spelling and grammar. This is not a real time chat room, there are no penalties for taking the time to proofread. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, and around here everyone will jump on the bandwagon of pointing them out. Just acknowledge that you fucked up, correct your mistake, and move on. Butthurt just amuses us more.

Now ~Jenni~, do please carry on being illiterate and retarded. I am out of caffeine and could really use some more stupidity to wake me up.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 May 29, 12:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimplyComplex, welcome to MATY.  That's the way things are here, and nothing you can do will change that.  Trust me on this one.  Many people have tried.  All have failed.  I gave up long ago.

There's only one person you have to please, and that's Pescado.  None of the others matter.  Pescado likes it when people fight.  Always keep that in mind.

Just don't do anything too stupid.  Grammar and spelling and punctuation mistakes are regarded as stupid.  Proofread before you hit the Post button.

And hang in there.  MATY will always have information you can't get anywhere else, so it's worth putting up with the crap.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 May 29, 12:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Lol..' seriously that's all i have to say to both your replies. You are so closed minded you can't see the grey inbetween. Well i tried to put another point across but you're not having any of it so i suppose it's just another shame. Oh gosh, i used wiggles to emphasize my name, that MUST mean i'm a pleb. And my attitude? It's a good one to have, i'm proud of it, i know i'm a fair person. Don't worry though you can have your little obsession back, i can see your never going to open your eyes. Would just be nice if you were nicer to people even when you want to get a grammar point across.

~Jenni~
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 May 29, 12:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that, was a polite reply, Hook.. thankyou. It seems there is hope

~Jenni~
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 May 29, 12:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the clean up. I will do better next time. Gotta re-read all my post before submitting.
How embarrassing-to be caught having a glitch in the post when I'm talking about proper grammar and spelling. Oh, the horror!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 May 29, 12:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly Jenni!  There IS no hope! Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 May 29, 12:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*smacks it with a rolled up newspaper*

DON'T DOUBLE POST, BAD GIRL! VERY BAD GIRL!

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 May 29, 12:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey moron, don't double post. The edit button exists for a reason. Use it.

'Lol..' seriously that's all i have to say to both your replies. You are so closed minded you can't see the grey inbetween. Well i tried to put another point across but you're not having any of it so i suppose it's just another shame. Oh gosh, i used wiggles to emphasize my name, that MUST mean i'm a pleb. And my attitude? It's a good one to have, i'm proud of it, i know i'm a fair person. Don't worry though you can have your little obsession back, i can see your never going to open your eyes. Would just be nice if you were nicer to people even when you want to get a grammar point across.

Yes, please do come into my house and tell me how to clean my floor. It's not at all rude.

Actually, I've found the people here to be plenty nice. I have a theory that this is because I'm not a hopelessly ignorant tard.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 May 29, 12:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miss SquiggleNicetyniceySquiggle, you're getting incoherent on top of tedious. And, well, if you don't like it here, why won't you just go and find somewhere you'll belong? In fact, I know just the place you could fit in.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 May 29, 12:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I've found the people here to be plenty nice. I have a theory that this is because I'm not a hopelessly ignorant tard.

That's exactly how things are - if you take the time to read the FAQ and don't act like a raving piece of crotch-rot, you'll be accepted and fit in without problems. It's MATY, not nuclear physics...I fail to see how it can be so impossibly hard for some people to grasp the concepts.

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 May 29, 13:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, even though you got several memos, you understood none of them. Nice & MATY are not a chocolate and peanut butter type thing. They do not mix.
Also, unless you plan to write us some lovely beat poems about spring and prostitutes, please capitalize your 'i's.
Thank you.

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: