More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:23:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.  (Read 486849 times)
LurkieMoar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Important notice from the GRAMMAR POLICE. Plz read. This means you.
« Reply #25 on: 2009 May 29, 08:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As has been stated before, this is MATY.  To elaborate, it's More Awesome Than You, a title which should tell you something about the kind of people who are most active here.  It's not a standard buddy-buddy forum.  You don't come here to be loved or fawned upon or greeted with open arms, you come here for information and downloads to make your game More Awesome.

So, if you don't want to be nominated for any Sheeple Awards, first off you should lurk a lot before asking stupid questions, see how those who have posted most handle things, look to see if your question has already been answered, use a spell-checker if you're shit at spelling, and then close your eyes and plunge into the water.  If you don't want chunks bitten off you, don't play with the tigers.

As for RL disabilities or difficulties, that's a whole different subject and not relevant to forum life.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 May 29, 08:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention, S-M-R-T people that work for big multi-nationals (such as myself) aren't stupid enough to post which multi-national they work for when they do manage to slack off on MATY from work...because it's like a red rag to a bull for the filter bots and then you're basically posting public evidence of being a slack-ass on the company dime.
As advised by my manager, he has no problems with us surfing the net, MSNing and what not, while at work/doing work. With what I do, sitting there doing sweet FA comes with the role. We have a lot of scripts and applications that do the work for us, so while waiting for those to do their job, we surf the net and go for breaks etc.

Given my company hasn't laid anyone off yet in any of the countries we operate in and yours has, I don't like the odds. Just because you *can* doesn't necessarily mean you *should*. After all, it's not your supervisor's job on the line if they begin to monitor what you're up to and the content of what you're actually discussing. As it stands, you're using corporate property to publicly discuss a pirated and thus illegal product. Under corporate laws, anything you do on a company-owned PC is "property" of the company, which means you've essentially bought IBM into your piracy discussions on the use of the product. Don't think it's possible to bite you in the ass? A friend of mine works for Telstra - she was fired because she was discussing on a forum the fact that she had downloaded the leaked X-Men Origins movie about a month or so ago and had it on her external HDD that was attached to her work PC.

BLS, nooblet. If you think your company would keep your job as opposed to cutting you loose to protect their bottom line, you're in for a shock in the real world. Hell, I'd expect that and the company I work for has stated publicly that we value our staff over our customers.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 08:39:42 by kiki » Logged

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 May 29, 08:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, this place just gets more surreal every time I come here. LMAO.
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 May 29, 08:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...plunge into the water.  If you don't want chunks bitten off you, don't play with the tigers.

For some reason your post made me think of this:

ETA: original source with choice of three pictures here: Tiger Meets Dolphin
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 08:59:59 by Frankenbeasley » Logged

Not dead but gone by four.
LurkieMoar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 May 29, 08:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's what I call Awesome!  I'm going to have to have that as wallpaper.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 May 29, 09:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow JonaBullshit you really are exceedingly speshul aren't you? This thread wasn't set up for you, but thanks for turning it into the 'zomg look at meeeee' show. Congrats.

As has already been pointed out, this is not your forum. If you don't like the rules here then you are under no obligation to stick around. In fact, I'd strongly advise you to get the fuck out. Stop acting like a wronged hero - in the grand scheme of things you're a mere speck in MATY's history. I doubt we'll even remember you in a month's time. Just do us all a favour and go back to the BBS, where you quite clearly belong.

Edited for spelling
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 09:43:35 by soozelwoozel » Logged

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 May 29, 10:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

u guys r totaly loosing site of the rael prob here. many of the ppl here are ESL or rly young or victums of US public educashun and dont deserv 2 b maed fun of!!!!!111 maty is suposed 2 b 4 talkin about sims and not 4 being big meanie fatheads! it is not about the qualty of there speling or grammer but the qualty of the concepts behind them! evrytime u call ppl names 4 typing wrong god kills a kiten and dedukts points from ur karma bank. so b nice ok?

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 May 29, 10:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

u guys r totaly loosing site of the rael prob here. many of the ppl here are ESL or rly young or victums of US public educashun and dont deserv 2 b maed fun of!!!!!111 maty is suposed 2 b 4 talkin about sims and not 4 being big meanie fatheads! it is not about the qualty of there speling or grammer but the qualty of the concepts behind them! evrytime u call ppl names 4 typing wrong god kills a kiten and dedukts points from ur karma bank. so b nice ok?

Ah fuck up and die!

Edit:
!fail Giggy

Clearly, Giggy has failed us! YOU MUST NOT! Various people have FAILED 666 times.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 30, 00:15:23 by Giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 May 29, 10:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah fuck up and die!

Giggy, no. Gloaming Merle has been around a lot longer than you and is merely taking the piss.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 May 29, 10:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Giggy, no. Gloaming Merle has been around a lot longer than you and is merely taking the piss.

LOL yeah, I know who he is Cheesy (w00t you're famous!); I'm using his purple alien default replacement all the time.

BTW, I would add that ESLs are likely going to be MORE pissed by moronic errors: they make the reading way more hard to us. Next time I see a your in place of you're I'm going to blast the poster's head with dynamite.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 May 29, 10:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL that is too funny.  I will endeavor to make sure that I spell everything correctly and my grammer is correct.  BTW asshole is spelt arsehole.  Unless of course you are referring to them as being a donkey  Wink   Cheesy
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2009 May 29, 11:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL yeah, I know who he is Cheesy (w00t you're famous!); I'm using his purple alien default replacement all the time.

BTW, I would add that ESLs are likely going to be MORE pissed by moronic errors: they make the reading way more hard to us. Next time I see a your in place of you're I'm going to blast the poster's head with dynamite.

Yes, and also, if we can manage to be coherent in a language that is not our first, those who grow up with it should be able to as well. Argh.

LOL that is too funny.  I will endeavor to make sure that I spell everything correctly and my grammer is correct.  BTW asshole is spelt arsehole.  Unless of course you are referring to them as being a donkey  Wink   Cheesy

Grammar and spelled, moron.

NakedNickJonas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 May 29, 11:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People don't have to have perfect spelling and grammar but that is just ridiculous!
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 May 29, 11:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah fuck up and die!

LMFAO! I just knew someone would fail to sense my sarcasm, yet I'm amazed by it all the same. I thought it was pretty obvious.

BTW, I would add that ESLs are likely going to be MORE pissed by moronic errors: they make the reading way more hard to us.

Ah, that makes sense. It always ticks me off when someone treats ESL-folk like morons when they make a grammatical error. Actually, they tend to have a firmer grasp on spelling and grammar than many of my fellow U.S.ians, and even if they don't, I just want to say to the people giving them a hard time, "--and how many languages do YOU speak?"

Moi? Famous? Aw, shucks... I haven't even made uploaded anything in ages. My interest in Sims 2 practically went down the toilet after Pests Pets. I never even got around to reducing my Laverwinkle skin file-size after learning how to years ago.  Embarrassed

Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 May 29, 11:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grammar and spelled, moron.

"Spelt" is a correct and common British form of the past, and past participle, of "Spell". Since the poster is fairly obviously (c.f. "arsehole") a Briton, or colonial offshoot, I feel we have to let them have this.

Moi? Famous? Aw, shucks... I haven't even made uploaded anything in ages. My interest in Sims 2 practically went down the toilet after Pests Pets. I never even got around to reducing my Laverwinkle skin file-size after learning how to years ago.  Embarrassed

Not nearly as famous as you deserve. Your alien skins are one of only three pieces of cc I have ever been prepared to use.

SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 May 29, 11:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its ironic that this site is so bothered about grammar, yet doesn't care in the slightest about common politeness to people you don't know.  You'd think priorities would be different.

~Jenni~
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2009 May 29, 11:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moi? Famous? Aw, shucks... I haven't even made uploaded anything in ages. My interest in Sims 2 practically went down the toilet after Pests Pets. I never even got around to reducing my Laverwinkle skin file-size after learning how to years ago.  Embarrassed

Not nearly as famous as you deserve. Your alien skins are one of only three pieces of cc I have ever been prepared to use.

This is likely due to the fact that I am an Epic Lurker, which is likely due to the fact that the last thing I really want is fame.

Its ironic that this site is so bothered about grammar, yet doesn't care in the slightest about common politeness to people you don't know.  You'd think priorities would be different.

Nothing is as you think it should be in Awesomeland.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 May 29, 11:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, the sheer size of the tidal wave of illiteracy made my Grammar Cat circuits short out for a while, and I am more than happy to  hold my special Grammar Police Spork and Knife in reserve for now. I was dreading the long hours of constant resharpening ahead.

However, I will be Taking Notes. You illiterate, arrogant little pissants need to LEARN U A BOOK already.

This IS MATY University, a branch of the School of Hard Knocks, and you do not get extra credit for emoties, coloured text, or "creative" use of punctuation. We are not breathlessly awaiting your next pearl of wisdom, dear sheeply n00bs, and the more you fail not to fail, the more likely it is that you will Be Noticed and Smited.

Handy Tips:
* We don't CARE that you're new. We pretty much figured that out from your low post count, stupid blinky avatar, huge signature images, and failure to READ THE FAQ. Your FAIL also gave it away.
* We don't hand-hold and pass out lollies here to the inept. If you get a virus because you couldn't follow directions or ask for help via PM, too bad for you. If you can't find a torrent or hack or thread and it is OBVIOUS you didn't bother to search and just arrogantly assumed we are all sitting around with nothing better to do than provide you with a personalized roadmap or guide, or to repeat information readily available if you SEARCH, too bad for you.
* Your attempts to be a Speshul Snowflayke with your non-standard capitalization, use of coloured fonts / font sizes, weird txtspk spelling / teen slang and ability to throw whiny little tanties when you are not met with snuggles and pats on the head are guaranteed to make you unpopular here; again, too bad for you.

READ THE FAQ, USE SPELLCHECK, and stop the whole "the world revolves around ME and MY WANTS" attitude, and you'll do fine.

We're cranky here. Most of us have been online a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time and are beyond tired of the typical Interweebz FAIL and shenanigans and laziness. If you're offended, you don't belong here. There will be other places where you can have a group sing-a-long of "Kumbaya" and pretend to care about each other's days, your Special Sisters, your "creative" abuse of the English language, your made-up attention-seeking disorders and diseases, and and your emotional ups and downs.

P.S. to Dylan: you can't help but be Awesome both by deed and by association. It is your cross to bear, I am afraid.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 May 29, 11:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its ironic that this site is so bothered about grammar, yet doesn't care in the slightest about common politeness to people you don't know.  You'd think priorities would be different.

Since this a text-based environment, in which one's interactions, abilities, and associations occur solely in the written form, the use of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation forms the basis of politeness, you fuckwit.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 May 29, 11:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the tidal wave of sheep shows no sign of letting up, and the most important task is sorting the occasional nugget of wheat from the chaff, Pescado has strongly suggested that grammatical errors and other behaviour demanding the sharp spork be handled by a barrage of PMs, rather than excessive poking in the thread.

This is too choice. Pescado himself has decreed that the information is more important than the grammar and spelling.  

I was wondering how long the threadshitting would go on.  Got the inappropriate trait much?

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 May 29, 12:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i've been called a fuckwit because i showed a bit of empathy to either side? Wow, well thats polite for sure. I'd say not calling someone a name is more polite than if you spell the sentence wrong. That is all i was saying.

~Jenni~
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 May 29, 12:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you go into another person's home in meatspace as a guest and begin telling them how they need to arrange their furniture, how they need to raise their children and how they should behave in their own home? No? Then why the fuck would you do it here at MATY? It's the exact same thing. This is our home and the sheeple have waltzed in our front door and taken a giant deuce on the good rug during tea.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 May 29, 12:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're not being paid to be polite. This is our hobby and this is where we hang out. Our priorities are far different from yours. Our standards of language, civility and conduct differ vastly from the BBS.
Obey the rules, and you won't get sporked. If you do break the rules, you'll do the penalty.

Or as I always ask of impolite and stupid people: "Do I know you? Should I care about what you think?"

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
SimplyComplex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 May 29, 12:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But no ones doing that, or only a tiny few. It's like you've become so paranoid and obsessed that you are trying to be 'changed' that you've spun it all out of proportion. People make spelling mistakes, it's one of those little things but there is no need to bring up people on every single one!

~Jenni~
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 May 29, 12:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But no ones doing that, or only a tiny few. It's like you've become so paranoid and obsessed that you are trying to be 'changed' that you've spun it all out of proportion. People make spelling mistakes, it's one of those little things but there is no need to bring up people on every single one!

If you don't smack a pup with a rolled up paper, how will it learn not to go on your rug?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: