More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:51:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Choosing Sex of Babies
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Choosing Sex of Babies  (Read 135395 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: Choosing Sex of Babies
« Reply #25 on: 2009 May 29, 12:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook would know about testicles.  Roll Eyes
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 May 29, 12:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... convinced.  My same couple had a second pregnancy. I had the woman eat nothing but store bought watermelon straight from her buttpack since she doesn't know any recipes to cook with watermelon. She had girls with ten straight reloads. That's a nice feature since I hate boys.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 May 29, 12:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim choked down nothing but raw watermelon (non-recipe watermelon) and got a girl.

The babies in Sims 2 were so annoying that I cheated this one's needs up and it incubates happily in its crib 24/7.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 May 29, 13:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slang.  There are lots of words for the same body part.

Hook

My native language is Russian and I am telling you: NO apples. Not on telly or in books or in everyday slang (where I used to live anyway).
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 May 29, 13:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slang.  There are lots of words for the same body part.

Hook

My native language is Russian and I am telling you: NO apples. Not on telly or in books or in everyday slang (where I used to live anyway).

Do you mean apple is or is not slang for testicles? You are not exactly clear.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 May 29, 13:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eliste is saying that apple is not slang for testicles.

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 May 29, 13:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm from Holland which is pretty darn small in comparison to Russia and has way more dialects then i claim to know.., i'm sure Russia has even more dialects to choose from.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 May 29, 14:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's entirely possible, but given that we have a native speaker saying 'no' and somebody else who 'heard' I'm inclined to believe Eliste.

My mother lived in East Berlin until she was seven (leaving several years before the wall went up). She has told me all my life that 'people' is Berlinner slang for penis, but I'm not about to argue the fact with an actual Berlinner.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 May 29, 14:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gender in TS3 appears to be somewhat more controllable than in TS2: There's a cheesecake effect at work. Eating foods containing "watermelon" increases the chance of females, eating foods containing "apple" increases males.

So that's why my female sim has has 3 boys, those damn apple pancakes her husband likes
Mikkey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 May 29, 14:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed along the lines of the wishes for a girl or boy, if my sims roll one, I usually keep it, and then they have always had what they wished for. My sims do not eat, because I use the cheats to keep their motives maxed, so the food doesn't affect them, but I haven't seen one of those wishes be wrong yet, so maybe there is more to the wishes.

I've only had one conflicting wish from both parents, mom wanted a girl, and dad wanted a boy, I clicked mom's first and a few sim hours later, dad rolled up the wish to have a boy, and I clicked it as well, but remembered that I already gave mom the girl one, so I deleted his wish. They had a girl. Of course that could just be coincidences in my game, but it hasn't failed yet. 
Coincidence. Both of mine wished for a boy and had six girls. No watermelons involved either.

My mother lived in East Berlin until she was seven (leaving several years before the wall went up). She has told me all my life that 'people' is Berlinner slang for penis, but I'm not about to argue the fact with an actual Berlinner.
Huh I live in Berlin and have never heard that before. I guess it had to do with the fact that your mom was only seven, it may have been a word for kids to use.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 May 29, 16:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but as Hook noted, it is a mystery why melons would be associated with females.   Roll Eyes

Tribulatio proxima est
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2009 May 29, 17:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but as Hook noted, it is a mystery why melons would be associated with females.   Roll Eyes

Well, 'melons' are one of the many slang words used for breasts in the U.S.. I can't vouch for other English speaking countries. Watermelons would be pushing that concept a bit though.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 May 29, 17:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but as Hook noted, it is a mystery why melons would be associated with females.   Roll Eyes

Well, 'melons' are one of the many slang words used for breasts in the U.S.. I can't vouch for other English speaking countries. Watermelons would be pushing that concept a bit though.

Gotcha!   Wink

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 May 29, 17:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because girls have babies and babies are like watermelons (in your head) belly!

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 May 29, 21:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 13 boys. Damn those apple pancakes! At least now I know what not to do.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 May 29, 23:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I live in Berlin and have never heard that before. I guess it had to do with the fact that your mom was only seven, it may have been a word for kids to use.

Probably, or the fact that this was over 50 years ago, or maybe it was only on her street - whatever. Like I said I won't argue (not that I think you're trying to argue) with someone with more imeadiate knowledge than myself.

Oh, and as for watermelons we can read anything into that. I seem to remember an old wives tale about swallowing watermelon pips making you pregnant . . . .

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
missyye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 May 30, 00:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 13 boys. Damn those apple pancakes! At least now I know what not to do.

Go and buy a watermelon, quick.
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 May 30, 04:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice melons&apples you got there Tongue

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Norma
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 May 30, 12:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also mentioned in the TS3 magazine.
Watching the "Childrenchannel" (donīt know if this is the exact name in the english version)  increases the chance of getting twins and triplets.

mappam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 May 30, 15:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Childrenchannel for multi's - anything else noted? Is the cheesecake still in Sims 3?

Melon is indeed a slang for boobs = "Look at the melons on her". But in MHO cherries would have been more fitting for Boys.

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
Mimisims
Asinine Airhead

Yep, that's me!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 May 30, 16:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gender in TS3 appears to be somewhat more controllable than in TS2: There's a cheesecake effect at work. Eating foods containing "watermelon" increases the chance of females, eating foods containing "apple" increases males.

Seriously? Or is this just a theory.  Remember the whole spaghetti/twins thing in Sims 2? I thought EA/Maxis said there was no basis to that, that it didn't determine the type of child you had.

All I know for now is that I had my game crash after having a girl baby and thankfully I had saved it while she was still pregnant, so when I started playing again, she wound up having the baby sooner than she did the first time, but it was still a girl.  I've been spending so much time fishing and collecting, that I used cheats to keep up her health.  I don't think she ever actually ate anything the whole time she was pregnant, other than maybe the goopy garbino (or w/e) and pancakes, one time each.  She has harvested both apples and watermelons, but I can't recall if she did that while pregnant or not.  Like I said, I kept her busy with fishing and collecting - oh, and reading books to learn stuff too.  I figured once the baby was born she'd have less time for that.

On a side note, while the baby is still a baby, I've been using cheats to keep it totally happy, but tired so it would sleep while my sims were busy doing other things.  I thought that would be helpful, but then realized I was not building any kind of relationship with the parents because they were not interacting with the child.  So I started making sure the parents took time to play with the baby and feed it.  I dont want the child to be on a starnger level with its parents.  I thought you all might want to know that in case you hadn't experienced it yet, or thought of just keeping the kid happy till it became a toddler before you started interacting with it.

As for whether or not the "wishes" affect the gender, my dad sim wished for a boy, and mom sim wished for a girl (this was both before and after the crash), and of course, mom got her wish both times.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 30, 16:25:59 by Mimisims » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 May 30, 17:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously? Or is this just a theory.  Remember the whole spaghetti/twins thing in Sims 2? I thought EA/Maxis said there was no basis to that, that it didn't determine the type of child you had.
Since Pescado has been delving into the code from moment one of the leak, I'd say it's pretty definite. My own tests since have supported it. Eight boys in a row, with sims mostly subsisting on apple pancakes. My first girl was born after having the incubator eat three servings of watermelon and no apples.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 May 30, 17:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

5 boys in a row, had her eat watermelon while pregnant, a a girl was born. I don't like it...its too predictable. I want babies genders to be a surprise.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 May 30, 17:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting that this effect is not just limited to the fruits in their raw form, as Zazazu has been getting boys with the apples in pancakes. I am interesting in seeing if watching the children's channel does indeed increase the chance of multiples or it's still random.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 May 30, 18:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

5 boys in a row, had her eat watermelon while pregnant, a a girl was born. I don't like it...its too predictable. I want babies genders to be a surprise.

So avoid apples and watermelon. Eat only fish or something and it should still be random.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: