More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:11:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Choosing Sex of Babies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Choosing Sex of Babies  (Read 135399 times)
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Choosing Sex of Babies
« on: 2009 May 29, 00:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

by reloading and trying again, Yes or No?

I've tried reloading four times and got boys all 4 times. This makes me think sex might be determined at woohoo (unlike sims2), but it's of course not enough attempts to be sure. Anyone confirm this?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 00:20:03 by Perez Hilton » Logged
LycosV
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Choosing Sex of Babies
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 29, 00:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gender has to be determined earlier than in The Sims 2; high level doctor Sims have an interaction for pregnant Sims that tells you what gender the baby will be.
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 29, 00:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gender has to be determined earlier than in The Sims 2; high level doctor Sims have an interaction for pregnant Sims that tells you what gender the baby will be.

Someone in the other thread reported a birth resulting in a boy rather than a girl after having to reload from a crash.  The save happened after conception in that instance.  How soon can the doctor tell the gender?

by reloading and trying again, Yes or No?

I've tried reloading four times and got boys all 4 times. This makes me think sex might be determined at woohoo (unlike sims2), but it's of course not enough attempts to be sure. Anyone confirm this?

Could this be caused by the same sadorandom generator fail as Sims 2?  Have you tried creating a few random sims and seeing if the results repeat?  It may be a stupid idea, but I figured it might be worth a try to see if it's the same deal we had in TS2.

I have not arr'd the game, so I can't check this myself to try and help you, sorry.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 29, 01:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gender in TS3 appears to be somewhat more controllable than in TS2: There's a cheesecake effect at work. Eating foods containing "watermelon" increases the chance of females, eating foods containing "apple" increases males.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 29, 01:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gender in TS3 appears to be somewhat more controllable than in TS2: There's a cheesecake effect at work. Eating foods containing "watermelon" increases the chance of females, eating foods containing "apple" increases males.

Oh good lord. Those friggin' apples!

To CharleeRose, no I only tried one family 8-9 reloads and then gave up.

So JM, when is the gender actually determined? From what you said I'm guessing its still at birth, and the game will look at actions during the pregnancy and determine it then? In my case, this family ate nothing but apple pancakes so by the time it was born there was 100% chance of boy?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 29, 01:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't researched the exact determination point, but obviously, if food eaten influences it, it must happen during birth, as sims don't actually EXIST until they are born.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 29, 02:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wonder I've had eight boys in a row. My sims pretty much subsist on apple pancakes. That'll be stopping right about now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 29, 02:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess this is good news in the long run.  I think I'll mind avoiding either apples or watermelon during pregnancy much less annoying than having to generate and trash random sims each time I start up the game.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 29, 02:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got the Prima Guide for TS2, and heard about the "Cheese Cake Twins" from here (MATY). My question to any one with the Prima Guide for TS2: Was, 'how to have twins' mentioned in the guide?
Because without having the awesomeness that Pes has, how would your Average Joe now that by eating Apples and Watermelon would determine the sex of the baby in TS3?

Smile.
CharleeRose
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 29, 02:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got the Prima Guide for TS2, and heard about the "Cheese Cake Twins" from here (MATY). My question to any one with the Prima Guide for TS2: Was, 'how to have twins' mentioned in the guide?
Because without having the awesomeness that Pes has, how would your Average Joe now that by eating Apples and Watermelon would determine the sex of the baby in TS3?

I have the guide and, yes, it did say to eat cheesecake to get twins.

As for your question of how would us "regular Joes" know to eat/avoid certain foods, we wouldn't.  You expect something EA does to make sense? LOL  They just wait for people like the great Pes to bail their asses out.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 29, 02:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guide did mention it, but of course what they said was wrong.  They said cheesecake gave you only an increased chance, but in reality cheesecake gave you 100% chance of twins.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 29, 03:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just remembered something, when thinking of the apples/watermelons thing. In my game, my sim rolled a wish to eat cobbler with grapes, I had no idea how to do that, so I had her husband make some cobbler, then had her eat a piece of it, then eat some grapes, which didn't work, so I came on here and asked, and figured out how to do it.

The point though, is she had triplets who were all girls, she had eaten 2 slices of "apple cobbler" when I was trying to eat grapes, then cobbler, when that didn't work I tried eating cobbler then grapes. So all in all she had 2 slices of apple cobbler, but got triplet girls.

She had never eaten anything at all else during her pregnancy aside from the actual "grapes cobbler" when I figured out how to make them, because I use the testing cheats enabled and drag her needs to fill them. The only reason she got to eat then was because she rolled that wish. So maybe they have to eat a lot of apples to get boys, or maybe the grapes threw off the boys and gave her girls, I don't know. But it is interesting that it happened that way. I think multiple births are buggy anyways though, so it could all be nothing.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 29, 05:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this i went back to playing on my newly pregnant sim.  I had her eat nothing but store bought watermelon directly from the inventory.  I ended up with twin girls, coincidence or not?  More testing required.

I've noticed one thing when you ONLY want ONE kid you always end up with twins or triplets.  Nevermind the fact that raising 2+ toddlers at once is complete and utter HELL.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 29, 05:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this i went back to playing on my newly pregnant sim.  I had her eat nothing but store bought watermelon directly from the inventory.  I ended up with twin girls, coincidence or not?  More testing required.

I've noticed one thing when you ONLY want ONE kid you always end up with twins or triplets.  Nevermind the fact that raising 2+ toddlers at once is complete and utter HELL.

Hire a babysitter?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 May 29, 05:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hire a babysitter?

I keep forgetting about them mostly since the sims 2 ones were awful.  Do they actually teach the toddlers to talk and walk or do you have to do that still?
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 May 29, 06:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep forgetting about them mostly since the sims 2 ones were awful.  Do they actually teach the toddlers to talk and walk or do you have to do that still?
I thought this myself and tried/tested it. I hired the babysitter before teaching them anything, and after a few sim days/week of watching (playing Epic gave me the chance to, if it failed to correct it, as follows...) I ended up having the mother quit her job to stay home and teach them. Some of the "Teach to" came up in the wish panel, so that was a 'bonus'. From the look of it, the babysitter doesn't teach them, eg. They only change their nappies, instead of taking them to the potty. That's just my test. The babysitter is a lot better than in TS2 though in other regards, I feel anyway.

Smile.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 May 29, 10:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh! When I first read this, my initial impression was that you were being sarcastic [ode to the twin rumors pre-cheesecake]... *le sigh* However, the wish to have a girl/boy now makes much more sense. Some people [I don't remember who] were understandably complaining about including a wish that only had a random 50/50 percent chance of being fulfilled, but apparently EAxis was thinking ahead this time. Provided the baby gender wish actually appears early enough for the player to influence the outcome with food.

Their fruit choice is lame, though... EAxis should have used bananas and peaches [innuendos fully intended].

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 May 29, 11:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not the BBS, so I'm not going to go about starting any rumors for the heck of it. If I issue a statement, it will be, within the qualifiers given, true.

mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 May 29, 11:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed along the lines of the wishes for a girl or boy, if my sims roll one, I usually keep it, and then they have always had what they wished for. My sims do not eat, because I use the cheats to keep their motives maxed, so the food doesn't affect them, but I haven't seen one of those wishes be wrong yet, so maybe there is more to the wishes.

I've only had one conflicting wish from both parents, mom wanted a girl, and dad wanted a boy, I clicked mom's first and a few sim hours later, dad rolled up the wish to have a boy, and I clicked it as well, but remembered that I already gave mom the girl one, so I deleted his wish. They had a girl. Of course that could just be coincidences in my game, but it hasn't failed yet. 
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 May 29, 11:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed along the lines of the wishes for a girl or boy, if my sims roll one, I usually keep it, and then they have always had what they wished for. My sims do not eat, because I use the cheats to keep their motives maxed, so the food doesn't affect them, but I haven't seen one of those wishes be wrong yet, so maybe there is more to the wishes.

I've only had one conflicting wish from both parents, mom wanted a girl, and dad wanted a boy, I clicked mom's first and a few sim hours later, dad rolled up the wish to have a boy, and I clicked it as well, but remembered that I already gave mom the girl one, so I deleted his wish. They had a girl. Of course that could just be coincidences in my game, but it hasn't failed yet. 

I'd have to chalk that up to coincidence.  While doing genetics testing yesterday I started saving the mother's gender wishes.  She had 3 girl wishes, and ended up having 3 boys (singleton and twins) and three girls (triplets). 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 May 29, 11:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not the BBS, so I'm not going to go about starting any rumors for the heck of it. If I issue a statement, it will be, within the qualifiers given, true.

Duly noted.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 May 29, 11:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their fruit choice is lame, though... EAxis should have used bananas and peaches [innuendos fully intended].

I believe "apples" is Russian slang for testicles.  I refuse to speculate on watermelon.  Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 May 29, 12:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe "apples" is Russian slang for testicles.  I refuse to speculate on watermelon.  Cheesy

Hook

Rubbish!
Russian word direct-translates to "eggs" not "apples".
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 May 29, 12:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slang.  There are lots of words for the same body part.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 May 29, 12:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apples kind of make sense for boys. Adam's Apple
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: