More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:10:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TSR has already a Workshop for CC...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR has already a Workshop for CC...  (Read 63692 times)
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
TSR has already a Workshop for CC...
« on: 2009 May 28, 00:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's true, here:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=369614

With the support of EA, yeah sure.... Roll Eyes

I'm so hoping that MTS (f.e.) will be quicker than them...
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
Re: TSR has already a Workshop for CC...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 28, 01:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like crap to me, and I don't even know anything about custom content. Anything built at Redwood Shores, I do not trust.

edit: Oh god, PsychoSue's getting all riled up. SHE MUST. HAVE. RUST.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 28, 01:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So wait. Are they actually making an exclusive custom content tool only for The Shit Resource? Fucking really?

I can only hope that, like most of their products, it's buggy as hell.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 28, 01:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So wait. Are they actually making an exclusive custom content tool only for The Shit Resource? Fucking really?

I can only hope that, like most of their products, it's buggy as hell.

Sounds like it, if $teve is enlisting his minions. Moneyons.

JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 28, 01:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so hoping that MTS (f.e.) will be quicker than them...
Do we know if MTS will be running from MTS2 site... of will there be a new one? And is so, its it up and running? I haven't seen anything.

Smile.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 28, 01:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we know if MTS will be running from MTS2 site... of will there be a new one? And is so, its it up and running? I haven't seen anything.

I think it is going to be all under the same umbrella of www.modthesims.com, from what I remember?  Maybe Delphy and HP have some specific domain picked out though, because it seems that one is not theirs.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 28, 01:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is going to be all under the same umbrella of www.modthesims.com, from what I remember?  Maybe Delphy and HP have some specific domain picked out though, because it seems that one is not theirs.
Ok kool, I'll keep my eye out. Cause yeah, I have noticed a few sites registered but no action on them like modthesims3.org and all that jazz, she wanted to know where the official stuff will be from those wonderful peops over at MTS2

Smile.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 28, 01:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to downplay the TSR hate, but I read both links and I didn't see them make any claims of support from EA (though they carefully alluded to 'our time at EA Redwood' to add credibility--it's a newspaper trick), and they said the EULA will be flexible enough to 'allow distribution of content via any means, including free'. This is somewhat less juicy than I was expecting
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 28, 01:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and they said the EULA will be flexible enough to 'allow distribution of content via any means, including free'. This is somewhat less juicy than I was expecting
But did the EULA of TS2 not say this as well.. But didn't allow the selling of CC? So by "flexible" in the EULA, they are meaning to say, we will let you charge to download CC. Seems TSR are EA are in bed together, I think.

Smile.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 May 28, 01:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now either EA has given TSR a final, legit copy of the game that they can use to make this tool...or they're dirty steenkin pirates like the rest of us. Tongue

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
MickeyJR
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 May 28, 02:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like how they say they're using TS2 objects and show one. Yet in the same breath say they have added all the channels and such. How can they build an editor with out the code? If they're building it based on the TS2 model man are they in for a suprise. If they're doing it from TS3 then they're well ARGGGG!
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 May 28, 02:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and they said the EULA will be flexible enough to 'allow distribution of content via any means, including free'. This is somewhat less juicy than I was expecting
But did the EULA of TS2 not say this as well.. But didn't allow the selling of CC? So by "flexible" in the EULA, they are meaning to say, we will let you charge to download CC. Seems TSR are EA are in bed together, I think.

They're referring to the EULA of their tool, not the TS3 EULA.

I am not a TSR apologist, but TSR/EA-Fusion-Apocalypse shit-stirring is not really necessary when there's no evidence.

If someone with more knowledge of the situation than me cares to jump in, that'd be great. I'm just going by what I read and I don't see the signs of the apocalypse yet. Maybe I missed them.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 May 28, 02:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're referring to the EULA of their tool, not the TS3 EULA.

I am not a TSR apologist, but TSR/EA-Fusion-Apocalypse shit-stirring is not really necessary when there's no evidence.

If someone with more knowledge of the situation than me cares to jump in, that'd be great. I'm just going by what I read and I don't see the signs of the apocalypse yet. Maybe I missed them.

I agree, TSR tends to exaggerate how much EA is favoring them, so I sort of doubt they're getting ZOMGEXCLUZIVE!!1. However, I'm still suspicious of TSR and EA lurking around in the shadows and making out with each other as they are wont to do.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 May 28, 02:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see only vaporware. It looks like they only have a generalized capability to understand a common .obj format and display it, without actually being able to do anything USEFUL with it. No need to panic.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 May 28, 04:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would never announce vaporware.
I do plan on announcing something soon after June 2 that may change the channel.
That is, if N. Korea doen't nuke me first. Smiley
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 May 28, 04:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see only vaporware. It looks like they only have a generalized capability to understand a common .obj format and display it, without actually being able to do anything USEFUL with it. No need to panic.
That's basically all it is at this point, import TS2 content or other .obj meshes, separate it into channels. Not much more until the game comes out and they can actually see how to stick the data into a Sims 3 package. Conspiracy theorists can stop panicking. (More so if they'd actually READ to begin with. Tongue) I'm pretty positive that there will be multiple tools out there to all do the same (or similar) things from multiple sources anyhow. I mean look at how many Sims3Pack editors we have so far. (Although mine isn't out there just yet, but still Tongue ) So quit getting so worked up about it and chill, good grief.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 May 28, 05:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Murano said it's "plug-in" based or something like that (he's very proud and uses "the news" already as his signature on another forum... Roll Eyes), and pretty much the same like SimPE.
If that's true and these assholes would be the first with stuff like that, I would be very disappointed to be honest... Sad
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 May 28, 07:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all good healthy competition. Smiley
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 May 28, 09:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone called "Terry1950" Had this to say in one thread...

As a side note, the modders already have two mods in testing and an empty neighborhood that is in testing. Someone else we all know is hard at work on a new Sims editor and has a bare bones working copy that may be released soon. We will have our CC and mods. We are Simmers, hear us roar. LOL

If he's relating to someone in the TSR community... How on earth are they able to 'test' mods and an empty neighbourhood without having the game.

Unless he/she is referring to MATY?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 May 28, 09:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he's relating to someone in the TSR community... How on earth are they able to 'test' mods and an empty neighbourhood without having the game.

I'm sure he's referring to MATY and someone who is in both communities - Jfade was a TSR forum moderator, last I remember. Wink
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 May 28, 09:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure he's referring to MATY and someone who is in both communities - Jfade was a TSR forum moderator, last I remember. Wink
It's definately MATY, TSR can't code for shit.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 May 28, 09:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I think I lost a few brain cells from reading part of the thread about the workshop.  Cyclonesue asking if she could put her own textures on objects?  Hello what rock have you been under for the last year?  Tabbylou and some others going gawsh I'm sooo glad to know we'll actually be able to make CC for TS3.  Awfully misinformed bunch for being in bed with EA as so many people like to think.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 May 28, 11:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I think I lost a few brain cells from reading part of the thread about the workshop.  Cyclonesue asking if she could put her own textures on objects?  Hello what rock have you been under for the last year?  Tabbylou and some others going gawsh I'm sooo glad to know we'll actually be able to make CC for TS3.  Awfully misinformed bunch for being in bed with EA as so many people like to think.

But PsychoSue MUST HAVE RUST!
She NEEDS rust, man.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 28, 20:22:32 by timelycorruption » Logged

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 May 28, 12:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they can pull it off, it's gonna be a neat little tool and I will certainly use it (assuming it's free and doesn't come with a clause that automatically uploads everything I make to TSR).

I refuse to let community politics get in the way of enjoying my game to the ultimate.  If I like the tool I will use it and I don't care wtf made it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 May 28, 12:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But PsychoSue MUST HAVE RUST!
She NEEDS rust, man.

Hehe, I don't mind that she likes that look.  One of my TS2 sims has a nifty little converted factory loft apartment slash robot shop thanks largely to her stuff.  I was just amazed at the level of "durrr" coming from FAs/SAs there.  EA has been trumpeting the ability to import your own textures forever.  I wasn't nearly as surprised by Tabbylou's idiocy though since her idea of a kid's bedroom set is one where you've apparently glued Sesame Street wallpaper to the surface of every piece of furniture in the house and stuck it all in the kid's room.  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: