More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:21:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TSR has already a Workshop for CC...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR has already a Workshop for CC...  (Read 63439 times)
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: TSR has already a Workshop for CC...
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 01, 23:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, ok, so the tool will be made by Delphy, Inge, Peter, Echo, jfade, atavera, Mootilda and Karybdis. This makes sense  Grin.
Wow, powerful all-star line up there. Like the Chelsea of the sims community  Tongue
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 02, 00:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, are you actually working on this?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 02, 00:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am wondering the same thing after reading that crap @ T$R.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 02, 00:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge and Delphy wtf??? Please don't work for these assholes... Embarrassed

Quote from: tizerist
Wow, powerful all-star line up there. Like the Chelsea of the sims community  Tongue
It's just missing Numenor and the all-star line would be complete...
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 02, 01:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Author: Thomas|TSR | Posted Jun 1, 2009

We are happy to report that our Workshop tool is progressing nicely. Much of the necessary research has been completed and we have begun the process of putting it all together and to make some magic happen. In an effort to speed things up and make sure the community gets to see custom objects in the game sooner rather then later, we have decided to make the backend part of this project open source. Together with the likes of Delphy, Inge_Jones, Peter L Jones, Echo, jfade, atavera, Mootilda and Karybdis (to name a few, others to follow) we will pool our knowledge together and solve the challenges ahead of us as a collaborating team. More updates to follow Smiley

Imagine my surprise at seeing my name on that list.  I honestly have no idea that I'm collaborating on a TSR tool...  I must be sleep-coding.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 02, 01:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this is kind of what I expected. I halfway wonder if they aren't going to gank the knowledge off of Sims3Tools or wherever else ya'll coders are chatting and use it to create an inferior tool. But then, I've just been making dinner and did happen to touch some tinfoil while I was rummaging through the cabinets.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
zolabee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 02, 01:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge is over at Sims 3 Tools... Delphy has a section there also. 

I admit I'm probably a retard - but I'm only retarded if I stay there - so laugh at me- but, watch your back, because I learn pretty da*n fast!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 02, 01:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree on the basics, i.e. it's a tool, it's free, the more the better, etc.
But my point is that they're so full of shit I can't even think of talk to them.

Even their presentation is full of shit, and this precisation is full of shit as well. I feel so sick I would like to puke.

TSR has NOTHING to do with the sims community. They chose to put themselves out, not us. And now they want to USE the community again for their personal advertisement and money? And you are giving them what they want AGAIN? Oh god.

Seriously: what, exactly has TSR to give to the community, with this tool? There's something the community would not be able to have or develop on their own? What, exactly, is TSR bringing in this project, apart of those shitty ads?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 June 02, 01:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly have only superficial knowledge of the modding community, so I assume there has to be more here going on behind the scenes than I could possibly understand; if it's what it looks like from my standpoint of ignorance--that TSR just hijacked a bunch of well-known names without the owners' permission, to try to make 'their' project look more credible--that's some ballsy shit. There has to be more to it.

(Even if they're just trying to wedge their fat commercial asses into a seat at the freely-shared-info table, that's still some ballsy shit.)
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 June 02, 02:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Author: Thomas|TSR | Posted Jun 1, 2009

We are happy to report that our Workshop tool is progressing nicely. Much of the necessary research has been completed and we have begun the process of putting it all together and to make some magic happen. In an effort to speed things up and make sure the community gets to see custom objects in the game sooner rather then later, we have decided to make the backend part of this project open source. Together with the likes of Delphy, Inge_Jones, Peter L Jones, Echo, jfade, atavera, Mootilda and Karybdis (to name a few, others to follow) we will pool our knowledge together and solve the challenges ahead of us as a collaborating team. More updates to follow Smiley

Imagine my surprise at seeing my name on that list.  I honestly have no idea that I'm collaborating on a TSR tool...  I must be sleep-coding.

Really? Wow, thats just another proove why T$R is a lying and sneaky organisation...

But I'm also shocked that Delphy and Inge are on that list. Lets hope this isnt true...
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 June 02, 03:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I do know that a number of people have been discussing tools.  You can see some of the results on Inge's site.  And I believe that at least one of the people involved in those discussions is from TSR.  But, that hardly makes us all collaborators on a TSR tool.  More like one TSR developer might be helping out with some free tools.

At this point, I'm not even sure that I want to get involved with modding TS3.  I've been following some of the discussions, but not contributing, so I know that my name shouldn't be on that list.  Which means that TSR are liars.  Note that I can't speak for anyone else on that list.

It looks to me like they are trying to get support for their tool by using my name without my knowledge or permission.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 03:11:17 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 02, 03:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I find it really stupid with helping T$R creating a Workshop Tool for Sims 3, in my opinion Delphy, Inge and all the others should make their own tool for their website, or for MTS.
Though helping the enemy to be the first one with a tool + getting more promotion is really disappointing...):

Quote from: Mootilda
At this point, I'm not even sure that I want to get involved with modding TS3, so I know that my name shouldn't be on that list.  Which means that TSR are liars.

It looks to me like they are trying to get support for their tool by using my name without my knowledge or permission.
Yet another reason to hate them...Though I would never download this tool anyway...I don't support these fuckers.
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 June 02, 03:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I do know that a number of people have been discussing tools.  You can see some of the results on Inge's site.  And I believe that at least one of the people involved in those discussions is from TSR.  But, that hardly makes us all collaborators on a TSR tool.  More like one TSR developer might be helping out with some free tools.

Or is he trying to pick up enough from what other modders are doing to try and make the TSR tool actually work? Or am I being overly cynical?
jriggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 June 02, 04:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just re-read what they are actually saying and it seems to me they may have been trying to say something along the lines of "We got started and now we are stuck so we are going to open up our new tool so others can come in and help us fix/finish it."  They seem to be throwing out names like an invitation to come in and help them.  If you go through the statement they are trying to act like they are deciding to make the new tool open source so that the community will have the tool faster but knowing them, it seems less likely the reason than "we need help". 

They have no idea how to state things and seem to constantly cause misunderstandings with the way they say things but I think that based on what we know about them, the modders they are referring to and the situation at hand I would say this is a more likely explanation. (And the one I am sure they will use when they realize the way their statement was interpreted,)
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2009 June 02, 04:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut's reply to you in the comments section...

REPLY: I can confirm that Inge is working on the tool, as she herself has posted about this on TSR and her own site. I also know Jfade and a couple of the others are in, quite willingly. I can also confirm that I have not seen any evidence that Mootilda is involved in any way. - Coconut

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 June 02, 05:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, by the timing, super honest TSR is using pirated versions of Sims 3 to make it's new tool?

Either that or they've been given a copy early by good old EA.

I'm not surprised that Inge is in on it.  She's basically said that if TSR got every other Sims site in the world closed down she wouldn't care cause it's only a game and jfade is a moderator over there, so why anyone here is giving him help is beyond me.

I've decided that it's not worth the bandwidth to download free or not, and now that we know TSR is going to dominate all CC, with the help of shills, I'm sure of it.  I'm only coming over here to watch the trainwreck.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 June 02, 05:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, by the timing, super honest TSR is using pirated versions of Sims 3 to make it's new tool?

Either that or they've been given a copy early by good old EA.

According to jfade, they are using Sims2packs and objects to test the functions of the program.

and jfade is a moderator over there, so why anyone here is giving him help is beyond me.

...Because we like jfade?

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 June 02, 05:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and jfade is a moderator over there, so why anyone here is giving him help is beyond me.
Jfade's awesome, leave him alone.

Inge ... did you forget to take your medication again? You sound a bit grouchy to the n00bs.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 06:48:19 by Giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2009 June 02, 06:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut updates again...

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=791

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 June 02, 06:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not surprised that Inge is in on it.  She's basically said that if TSR got every other Sims site in the world closed down she wouldn't care cause it's only a game and jfade is a moderator over there, so why anyone here is giving him help is beyond me.
That's not what I've heard from her, but I'm sure she knows her mind better than anyone.

My point in asking wasn't to question Inge or anyone else's motives or to make any statement about their reasons for involvement. I said Jfade wouldn't surprise me because he's always been involved with TSR. The other names I questioned, and just wanted to know if TSR was spreading bull or was on the level. As a former member of the site, I've learned to question everything they say.

If it's a collaborative effort, that makes me feel better about it on a certain level.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 June 02, 06:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

iInge's own words in this topic:

If they can pull it off, it's gonna be a neat little tool and I will certainly use it (assuming it's free and doesn't come with a clause that automatically uploads everything I make to TSR).

I refuse to let community politics get in the way of enjoying my game to the ultimate.  If I like the tool I will use it and I don't care wtf made it.

Sounds to me like she doesn't give a shit who she helps. 

and jfade? go look up his rant about how Pescado is lying about TSR putting a Trojan in their downloads.  It was posted right about the time that TSR hacked MTS2--which jfade still claims never happened.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 June 02, 06:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and jfade? go look up his rant about how Pescado is lying about TSR putting a Trojan in their downloads.  It was posted right about the time that TSR hacked MTS2--which jfade still claims never happened.

Dude, we all know where jfade stands on the TSR vs. everyone else issue. We know his politics.

We do not like him for his politics. We like him for his personality.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2009 June 02, 07:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless someone else is more directly involved than I am personally aware, what is happening is that some of us have had access to a collection of files from the game, not all from the same source, and not the entire game by any means, for a while.  We have been pulling apart and analysing these files in order to learn how they can be edited by custom tools.  Seperately, TSR have *probably* been doing the same for a while too, with a different collection of files.

Recently it was decided to swap information we have found out, to facilitate toolmaking in general.

To the best of my personal knowledge, no one in my group of file analysis associates is working on the tool TSR are making, and vice versa, beyond answering an occasional technical question and sharing a file extension convention (standardisation for the convenience of users).   Even within our own analysis group, we are all working on our individual and unrelated tools.

The whole thing has been kept very secret until recently because we were worried EA might change all the package formats - or some other such fiendery - if they found out we knew the existing ones.  Although I half wonder if EA themselves might have left some files available in order to give the modding community a bit of a start.   We just played safe.

Please note - no one in my circle had anything to do with the pirate versions that have come out.  They were not made from any files that we have had.  Our interest has been purely in making modding tools.

ETA: Lerf, I am sorry you want to give yourself ulcers over this.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 07:32:55 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 June 02, 10:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Inge: But why does TSR say that you're working with/for them? Are you supporting TSR now??  Undecided

Quote from: Coconut
I can confirm that Inge is working on the tool, as she herself has posted about this on TSR and her own site. I also know Jfade and a couple of the others are in, quite willingly. I can also confirm that I have not seen any evidence that Mootilda is involved in any way. - Coconut
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 June 02, 11:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be in favor of not badgering the folks who may produce shinies for us.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: