More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 04:47:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TSR has already a Workshop for CC...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR has already a Workshop for CC...  (Read 63962 times)
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
Re: TSR has already a Workshop for CC...
« Reply #100 on: 2009 June 12, 05:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we can see how prophetic he was.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 June 12, 05:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to laugh a little when all the fuss blew up over TSR stealing other peoples work and claiming it as their own, because it's not far removed from what people have been doing by pirating TSR content.  However, 2 wrongs do not a right make.

When people upload TSR files to the booty, they're giving full credit to the person who made the mesh or the recolor.  The creator also got paid for making that mesh or recolor, if it's in the booty.  What Shakeshaft did was totally different--taking a mesh that buggybooz made, making a few small changes, and uploading it to TSR as pay content, without giving buggybooz any credit at all.  And that's leaving aside the fact that buggybooz's TOU stated that her content wasn't to be uploaded to any paysite, or to TSR at all.  If you don't see how those two things are different, you probably don't belong at MATY.

Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 June 12, 06:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously children, meshing is hard to get right. There are plenty of things that can go wrong with it and cause exploded meshes, borked files and the whole nine yards.

I hate TSR as much as the next pirate and think their management could quite cheerfully DIAF for all I care, but I'm all for things that will provide me the means to attempt to mesh for TS3 the way I was able to in TS2. I was predominantly a clothing mesher for TS2 so admittedly I am watching Wes_H's progress like a hawk with anticipation to see if TS3 will be in the "too hard basket" for me as far as the effort of meshing will go (seeing as though I ended up meshing and creating more than I played and I started resenting it), but like mootilda said it shouldn't matter who makes the tools if it benefits everyone.

With that said, I don't make a habit of sticking my hands down a lion's throat so I'll wait until a few sacrificial lambs have downloaded said TSR tool first and come out of it unscathed before I make use of anything from their site.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Merlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 June 13, 19:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so hoping that MTS (f.e.) will be quicker than them...
Do we know if MTS will be running from MTS2 site... of will there be a new one? And is so, its it up and running? I haven't seen anything.

If you haven't seen it already.. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=315753
the site is now modthesims.info

You're stilll able to get to it by modthesims2.com. There is a bunch of sections for the Sims 3 in the navigation.
Hope I helped.
Thank you, I already know that.
TSR has the Pattern Plugin now:  http://www.thesimsresource.com/programs/details/title/The%20Sims%203%20Workshop/id/111/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: